=BURNING SKIES= WWII Server - Page 247 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 06-10-2019, 09:02 PM   #2461
eekz
Veteran

Attention!
Due to tremendous increase in players numbers on the server our stats engine got mad, and problems with recordings on the web may occur for some period of time. We're working hard on resolving the issue. We think that the fix will be backward compatible - it means that in the end all your progress will be counted correctly. We'll keep you updated.
Stay tuned!
Damage Model

Last edited by eekz; 06-10-2019 at 09:05 PM.
eekz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019, 09:22 PM   #2462
eekz
Veteran

Attention!
https://www.facebook.com/burningskie...type=3&theater
Damage Model
Old 06-11-2019, 09:55 PM   #2463
Magic Zach

My number of air wins dropped by 1, and so did my number of dogfights.

I guess I'll keep pressing on, and see if it records it. It recorded an Anton kill from this morning, so I'll give it time and see if it tracks my progress well from here and on
Thx for the update! I like that fighter ranking thing too
Old 06-12-2019, 12:55 AM   #2464
Magic Zach

It updated just perfect. Thanks!
Old 06-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #2465
Helihead(Digger)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eekz View Post
Attention!
Due to tremendous increase in players numbers on the server our stats engine got mad, and problems with recordings on the web may occur for some period of time. We're working hard on resolving the issue. We think that the fix will be backward compatible - it means that in the end all your progress will be counted correctly. We'll keep you updated.
Stay tuned!
Great work EEkz. Seeing more players come in with the addition of the A8 and I16 has increased the numbers quite some. It would be great if you can back Engineer the problems with stats as its been that way for at least a month or more. See my post and Campbell's from 3 pages ago. Also on ELO its kind of good but kind of bad, if your fighting and its close to the end of the season and you shoot 3 lower rated players down and get bounced slow and low you can actually go down in stats points which it seems counter productive to engage.
Helihead(Digger) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 02:10 PM   #2466
eekz
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helihead(Digger) View Post
Great work EEkz. Seeing more players come in with the addition of the A8 and I16 has increased the numbers quite some. It would be great if you can back Engineer the problems with stats as its been that way for at least a month or more. See my post and Campbell's from 3 pages ago. Also on ELO its kind of good but kind of bad, if your fighting and its close to the end of the season and you shoot 3 lower rated players down and get bounced slow and low you can actually go down in stats points which it seems counter productive to engage.
Agree, but the improvement should be considered wisely, as I think in general ELO represents pilots skill quite nicely and also creates some nice metagame.
Damage Model
Old 06-13-2019, 02:12 PM   #2467
eekz
Veteran

Improved stats tables:
http://burning-skies.com/en/articles/141/details.html
Damage Model
Old 06-15-2019, 09:35 AM   #2468
Al-Azraq

Hi guys, noob here. How can I check the position of the objectives after take off? I use F10 to bring up the map but the objectives are not marked there.
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 09:42 AM   #2469
Magic Zach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al-Azraq View Post
Hi guys, noob here. How can I check the position of the objectives after take off? I use F10 to bring up the map but the objectives are not marked there.
ALT+B to open briefing and look at the photo. The grid coordinates do not match the F10 map, so you will have to look at landmarks like rivers and towns, as well as headings. Eventually you have the locations memorized. All the target areas look similar, so you will recognize them when you see them. Sometimes look for smoke, if other players are attacking them.
Old 06-15-2019, 12:49 PM   #2470
Al-Azraq

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Zach View Post
ALT+B to open briefing and look at the photo. The grid coordinates do not match the F10 map, so you will have to look at landmarks like rivers and towns, as well as headings. Eventually you have the locations memorized. All the target areas look similar, so you will recognize them when you see them. Sometimes look for smoke, if other players are attacking them.
Thanks mate! I will take another ride with the A8 this afternoon.
Al-Azraq is offline   Reply With Quote