New PC Build - migrating controller data

I will be building a complete new PC probably next week.

Trying to make advance preparations to get ready for this.

Regarding DCS controller bindings - can I just copy the relevant files from my Saved Games folder to a backup disk, and then just paste them back in my new Windows installfor the new DCS install?

Thinking this might be easier than worrying with an export/import of each device in the DCS controller menu?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Don,

The controllers have a unique id (GUID) and I *think* it changes when you swap out the MB. But I did use BitMasters tip of copying the files, matching it up with the new GUID, and pasting it in. I'll see if I can dig up the post or what I did.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Don,

The controllers have a unique id (GUID) and I *think* it changes when you swap out the MB. But I did use BitMasters tip of copying the files, matching it up with the new GUID, and pasting it in. I'll see if I can dig up the post or what I did.

Ok thanks. I will probably try just saving the files out of the saved games folder, but also export from within DCS GUI to have if needed as well.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|