2.5 is amazing but it miss some animations

jef32

Hi

I really enjoy 2.5 but some animations in 2.5 would be welcome:

Waterfalls

Cable car

Chair lift

Skier lift

I think that after Olympic winter games in 2014, we could find many of cable cars and chair lift near Soschi.

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

Really? come on...

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

Hi

I really enjoy 2.5 but some animations in 2.5 would be welcome:

Waterfalls

Cable car

Chair lift

Skier lift

I think that after Olympic winter games in 2014, we could find many of cable cars and chair lift near Soschi.

Coming in a DLC pack later ;)

AFAIK the vintage of the map is unspecified, so just think of it as well before 2014, and the lifts aren't built yet :P

//Jarl

Coming in a DLC pack later ;)

YES, I hear it will be ready in 3-4weeks ;)

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

I'm seriously disappointed that the birds on the trees are not animated. It's a total immersion killer when flying my Sabre at 30,000 feet :P

On a more serious note: I certainly hope we won't get ski lifts nor cable cars. The Caucasus is a generic enough terrain so that it can be used as Korea, Vietnam, or anything else with a little imagination. Not with ski lifts, though.

I'm seriously disappointed that the birds on the trees are not animated. It's a total immersion killer when flying my Sabre at 30,000 feet :P

h.

Because you think that all users are flying like you, in a Sabre at 30.000 ft ?

Some of us are flying on low altitude and speed with helicopters. My wishs seem to be reasonable, not like birds in the trees. In fact I want dogs too but with the animated fleas in their fur too. c_laugh.gif

Waterfalls are visible even from a plane cockpit and cable cars too.

But other people available in the ME in infantry animated items would be welcome, like civilians people ( stewardess, generics civilian people) and airports moving equipments, sailing or motor ships for rivers and lakes. all these stuff allowing to give more natural life to DCS.

DCS has so magnified the Caucasus that I'm surely not only the one having tourism as the main activity in DCS even if it's a military simulator. And even with a military simulator, you can do pacific missions.

I can even going more far in my imagination and why not ? As the forest and woods of Caucasus are dense, why not having a fantastic bestiary in the ME editor, to make missions like bigfoot or werewolves hunting with helicopters?

Please, don't laugh too loud, but don't forget that surely some of us are SF lovers.

Edited by jef32

CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 32 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W10-Family, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1

This is also the present day Batumi coast, but I believe our map is based on the build of the area decades ago...

aerial-view-city-black-sea-coast-batumi-georgia-july-seaside-56916580.jpg

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

All ideas are nice but don't forget one thing. DCS and Caucasus map is a free to play product and on that note I think we are getting an excellent quality / price factor.

I find Nevada map better in terms of Nellis, Groom Lake and Las Vegas details. That's why it costs money.

All ideas are nice but don't forget one thing. DCS and Caucasus map is a free to play product and on that note I think we are getting an excellent quality / price factor.

I find Nevada map better in terms of Nellis, Groom Lake and Las Vegas details. That's why it costs money.

Excuse me but I don't think that ED are sponsors. Even if the base of DCS is free with 2 planes, they havn't just made it for our pleasure. They have, as all people, family to feed and the basic DCS is just here to win money with paying modules. I don't blame them, it's quite normal. I have a point of angry with ED and they know which but it's not the subject on this post and I think that helicopters lovers could be more attracted by more effects and animations. I understand that F-15 or SU-27 inconditionnals pilots could not be interested. I pilot these planes too in DCS but not often for military fights.

An other point: The mission editor is very powerful and I take a great pleasure too by building elaborated missions for myself. But often, I feel quite frustrated to not have other objects to include in them. For exemple, I've done a mission with an elaborated heliport on the shore of the nicest place of DCS 2.5 for me: On the shore of the lake situated at 39 Kilometers ( 22 nm) of Kutaisi, heading 64°. I'm quite frustrated to not have the possibility to put animated sailing ships or fishing small boats on the water of this lake, bathing people and umbrellas near a camping full of tents and caravans near the lake. Some rescue medical missions with Huey or MI-8 could be very interesting. It's just an exemple but it illustrates very well what I mean.

Edited by jef32

Seriously speaking, i think DCS caucasus 2.5 is already "old" compared to what current computer graphics capabilities, just take a look at the deatils reached by other flight-simulators currently available in the market such as aerofly fs2

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Sorry but when I speak about tourism, it's with airplanes or helicopters having a realistic flight model. AFS2, alone in the sky without ATC and with unlimited fuel: not for me. I use P3D with some ORBX add-ons. Ok ,on the airports, it's more alive ( so this topic) with the famous ORBX characters but the regions are less elaborated than this one. Just compares ORBX trees and these ones. I absolutly prefer these ones.

I would prefer if this processing power was used instead to increase object density on the terrain in order to make Combined Arms or even a First Person Shooter experience more viable. I mean cover/obstacles like rocks, bushes, buildings, trees, etc., and not waterfalls, skier lift, etc.

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map