GBU's

Zarma

Hello.

Did Wag say anything about the laser guided bombs in early access to be dropped using buddylasing ?

Or wont they be available in the rearming screen ?

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

• ED Team

AN/ASQ-228 ATFLIR Targeting Pod and GBU's will come after early access

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I mean we are going to have CCIP capability with the Mk82,83 and 84s on EA release so I wonder how difficult gbu buddy lasing would be? I mean you'd deliver the weapon using CCIP as well so you'd only need the ability to change the laser code.

But then again..:dunno:

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It would certainly add a lot of capability to the aircraft without much work needing to be done on systems etc, the cost/reward ratio makes sense to me.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I mean we are going to have CCIP capability with the Mk82,83 and 84s on EA release so I wonder how difficult gbu buddy lasing would be? I mean you'd deliver the weapon using CCIP as well so you'd only need the ability to change the laser code.

But then again..:dunno:

Actually, it's the laser pod which change it's code to match the bomb's code which is set on the ground.

On M-2000C (no TGP) you can set the code in mission editor.:smilewink:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Ugh, these harrier guys.... :lol:

What do you mean enable buddy lasing ? Buddy lasing is something you do, it is not a function.

If the GBU-12 is available at launch(to be equipped on the aircraft), you don't need a targeting pod or laser finder to perform a strike.

All you need are coordinates, talk-on, or/and a smoke. CCIP drop and that's it. The bomb doesn't care, if you are the one lasing or someone else, it just seeks for the lase with the correct code, no matter the source.

Look at the F-5E, doesn't even have CCIP

Sorry, if I have misunderstood what you guys are asking for, but if this is the case, just wanted to shine some light on the topic.

Cheers

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Ugh, these harrier guys.... :lol:

What do you mean enable buddy lasing ? Buddy lasing is something you do, it is not a function.

If the GBU-12 is available at launch(to be equipped on the aircraft), you don't need a targeting pod or laser finder to perform a strike.

All you need are coordinates, talk-on, or/and a smoke. CCIP drop and that's it. The bomb doesn't care, if you are the one lasing or someone else, it just seeks for the lase with the correct code, no matter the source.

Look at the F-5E, doesn't even have CCIP

Sorry, if I have misunderstood what you guys are asking for, but if this is the case, just wanted to shine some light on the topic.

Cheers

Yes you have misunderstood what we mean.

For starters one might not even be able to load GBUs on the aircraft to begin with. It might only have access to loadouts using the weapons outlined as being functional for early access. So point number 1 is "Allow us to load GBUs"

Now the other aspect of buddy lasing is that we need to be able to change the laser code for the weapon, this is another systems function which would have to be enabled by ED.

I think we all understand how to buddy lase, we are talking more about backend stuff that ED would have to put in place to allow us to buddy lase. If we can't even load GBUs in the first place let alone CCIP them or change the laser code then it won't be possible.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

• 8 months later...

We were able to buddy lase laser Mavs with one person shooting from a Hornet and the other lasing with a Warthog successfully

BTW, I take it Steam users don't have GBUs yet?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

STEAM has GBUs

I was flying the Harrier last night lazing targets at night for Hornets... Found that the Hornet pilots had no idea where the targets were so I would use laser marker first so they could use AUTO bomb mode with TDC on HUD and then switch from laser marker to laser and paint the targets.

Worked just fine at night when they could see my marker laser from my TPOD.

I just noticed in the ME there are GBUs as well as Mave-F and HARMs. I didn't see any mission though. Don't they usually push an instant action or training mission for the new weapons?

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot