facetracknoir

hi, has anyone ever used successfully facetracknoir with dcs world?

I tried it like 8 years ago with fsx but it was really bad, lots of delay, tracking wouldn't stay still, had to give up eventually.

but hey, it's 8 years later, has anyone managed to have a cheap alternative to trackir that works?

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

I use the open source software "opentrack" that is also used by "trackhat". I bought an PS3 and modified it as well as build my own "clip" with 3 IR-LEDs. That was very cheap but i think the product from trackhat are probably worth the money and much cheaper than "Track IR". Back then they had problems to deliver their products. Don't know how it is now.

Before that is tried facetracknoir but that was not better than to look around by key commands.

I tried it like 8 years ago with fsx but it was really bad, lots of delay, tracking wouldn't stay still, had to give up eventually.

but hey, it's 8 years later, has anyone managed to have a cheap alternative to trackir that works?

I use it all the time. My only complaint is a bit of wandering on the extremes (when head is turned more than 25 degrees or so). I’m thinking about building a LED clip to improve it and to allow me to drink while I fly (glass to the mouth makes it confused as to where your mouth is)

For the $2 it cost me I can’t say enough good about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FacetrackNoir has a bad reputation because people tries to use it with just their face ... and used in that way it truly sucks ..

... however, if you build a LED clip/hat then it performs really well .. I'm no DIY so I chose to buy a pre-made clip ... and also a good webcam, since the cheap ones are not good enough for accurate tracking .. the cost was a fraction of what a TrackIR costs, less than US$ 50:

http://www.delanengineering.com/shop/#!/DelanClip-Gamer/p/43397050/category=0

You can see how well it tracks, on this video of mine that I made when playing with the Shark:

PjqS9SafGlY

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

that's really good feedback. back in the day I bought a ps3 eye cam and made myself a clip just for that, but still never managed to get any good results.

could you guys share your steps? what did you download, how to set up? I see now there's quite a bit more to do, different face tracking api s, etc.

Rafael

Ryzen 7 1800x @ 4ghz | MSI GTX 980ti | 32gb DDR4 Ballistix 2400Mhz | Asus ROG Crosshair VII Hero (wi-fi) | 480Gb Kingston NVMe ssd | Western Digital 1TB x2 | EVGA 850w PSU | Noctua NH-D14 | NZXT S240 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | 4k 50" Philips android TV | Dell P2418D | Oculus Rift S | Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas

could you guys share your steps? what did you download, how to set up? ..

Here I shared my settings, I´m using FacetrackNoIr 2.0 but 1.7 is similar:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=192250

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

thanks a lot!

Rafael

• 4 weeks later...

so I've been trying (again) facetracknoir with just my face and it's no good at all.

so before I give up (again) I'm gonna try making a LED clip for IR tracking.

I've got a unmodified ps3 cam, so any directions on how should I make my clip and filter the camera? also, any other softwares besides facetracknoir I should try?

thanks again

Rafael

so I've been trying (again) facetracknoir with just my face and it's no good at all.

Correct .. its not really a fault specific of FTNIR, I have never found a software that can really track your movements with just your face.

so before I give up (again) I'm gonna try making a LED clip for IR tracking.

I tought that you already had one :)

I've got a unmodified ps3 cam, so any directions on how should I make my clip and filter the camera?

I'm no DYI, so cant really help with that ...

also, any other softwares besides facetracknoir I should try?

There is OpenTrack and FreeTrack, I tried them but found that FTNIR worked better for me ... as you probably saw on my videos, it works very well :)