Through The Inferno (Dynamic DCS) - Public US Server

deadlyfishes

As a new guy 2 multiplayer I can tell you the guys on this server are great group. All are very helpful and very patient with new guys trying to learn. Make sure you load the Discord app for the best way to communicate with the group in general. And for playing you'll definitely need the SRS application. Check on the website for all of this information. OJ is definitely the man to go to if you have questions. Post them here and I'm sure he'll respond

Hi guys. You know what a big fan I am of the server! I was attempting some Huey ops this evening and went to set up a FOB from which to base my operations and diligently brought 3 crates over to my radio beacon. I felt rather deflated when CTLD informed me that it would take 9 trips to complete the base! There were only 2 hours left before the restart and I figured it would take close to that just to build the thing if I could keep my soul from being destroyed by the monotony. So, I stand before you and humbly request that number of crates to build the FOBs be reduced. I'm hoping to 3 total please and thank you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Through the Inferno NEVADA

Recently came back to NEVADA Map and happy to find INFERNO there as well.

Now my findings flying the mirage and helicopters:

Tanker: sometimes on speed, oftern slowing down to around 170 KIAS which is way too slow for refuelling. It´s am long term bug of the missions that tankers tend to behave so and I am not aware if there´s a cure for that.

Agressors: on Nevada map it seems most of the time impossible to access the tanker if not a group of blue CAP cleared the area before. Maybe that´s correlated to "initiation of A/A mission" if you spawn in an A/A oriented airframe? Enemy always present? My personal goal would be: refuel fully armed and then go out hunting rather then spending all of your armament and refuel then (if you are still laive of course:music_whistling:)

Helos: you have a good chance to be killed before you ever reach the AO....enemies everywhere in the air :-)

KA 50 auto-start is broken and I guess it´s a bug on ED´s side. Left engine starts fine, right engine does not. Manual start works.

AAA/SAM´s at friendly bases: I never saw our SAM´s to protect for example Nellis.....maybe they ran out of amo? Yesterday enemy F5´s flew low over the base while chasing me on short final.....nothing happened and they disappeared in the sky (observed in late phase before server restart)

Crosswind 8m/s: met some other guys heavily struggling with the crosswind at Nellis, in a light helcopter it´s really hard to lift loads or bring the chopper down safely. Maybe a little less wind next time to please more players?

Maybe these are some findings that help to improve the mission.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Thank you for your responses. I highly suggest joining our discord and keeping an eye on our mission dev section. Also it can help to submit your bugs/suggestions via the website.

I can tell you that we have big changes planned and are working on 1.5.7 and 2.1. Currently we have implemented real time weather. We have also started testing on dynamic persistent missions through restarts.

Keep on enjoying it!

• 2 weeks later...

Gentlemen,

since yesterday I have the issue that I am unable to connect to your server. After joining there is an eternal "loading screen" and the page where you choose your a/c slot never appears.

PC System not changed, nothing newly installed or deinstalled,connection to other servers like 104th, Open conflict etc is fine and not resticted by ping.

After a long period it tells me "connection timeout for server ping".... if I "ping" your server it gives me 192ms

by any chance...did you set a different restriction for ping to join or othere alterations on server side?

Any help appreciated as it worked flawlessly before. Affected are both servers (NTTR and Cauacasus each in latest ED build)

Willy

Edited by docWilly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

Gentlemen,

since yesterday I have the issue that I am unable to connect to your server. After joining there is an eternal "loading screen" and the page where you choose your a/c slot never appears.

PC System not changed, nothing newly installed or deinstalled,connection to other servers like 104th, Open conflict etc is fine and not resticted by ping.

After a long period it tells me "connection timeout for server ping".... if I "ping" your server it gives me 192ms

by any chance...did you set a different restriction for ping to join?

Any help appreciated as it worked flawlessly before.

Willy

+1

same here

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

+1

same here

"glad" to hear I am not the only one. We are both from Europe....maybe #POTUS restricted our connection to US servers :-)))

Anyway.....looking for help (and by the way...resetting my internet connection, repair/cleanup and all the usual attempts to find a fix are done without success.

"glad" to hear I am not the only one. We are both from Europe....maybe #POTUS restricted our connection to US servers :-)))

Anyway.....looking for help (and by the way...resetting my internet connection, repair/cleanup and all the usual attempts to find a fix are done without success.

Im currently having this issue on other servers as well... loading screen without ending..

will investigate this further..

Intel I7 - 10700 K @ 3,80GHz / 64 GB DDR3 / RTX 3090 / Win 10 Home 64 bit / Logitech X56 HOTAS / HP Reverb G2  

Running DCS on latest OB version 

Refueller speeds

Gents,

any chance that you gonna have a look into refueller speeds....long known issue in DCS - i know....but currently at least S3-B and IL78 are far too slow to refuel for a fast mover as you are in a speed range where it´s hard to keep up with the tanker. I guess everything works fine at initial start of the mission, but after restarts over time speed degrades to minimum...right?

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Is there any way to make the MiG-21 hear the AWACS? I'm having great fun in a MiG-29 on fast alert, but It's a bit difficult in the 21 cos you have to keep interrogating the EWR and it seems to me that it's not accurate (or up to the minute)

This is a great server, I'd honestly given up on DCS till I found this.

I just wanted to say how much I've been enjoying your server. Its come quite a ways in a short time and provides some challenging ops.

We had live ATC and AWACS on Sunday night. That was epic. The ability to coordinate live CAP to cover our F-5s was immersive.

Hopefully more of the crowd jumps on SRS to prevent the mishaps taxiing and takeoffs/landings. Seems the kids are using it as a goof off session.

Thanks again!

Welcome to the server and we're glad you're enjoying it. Make sure to join us on discord. Admins are always available to handle issues. We ban many idiots each day but overall things go as they should.

We have big plans in the works for 2.1. A persistent mission in the NW region while maintaining our normal TTI functions that 1.5 is so popular for around Vegas.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for you to add the S-80 OM rockets as a selectable option for the Ka-50s. Those are the illuminating rockets for night missions. Otherwise the heli becomes very limited in options in the latter part of the server run time.

=============================

i7 5820k | 32GB RAM | Nvidia 2070RTX | 1TB SSD

Hey really interested in this server, especially for some of the heli missions as I've been enjoying the huey and the mi8.

Just a question on the missions available for these frames. For troop trasport I pick up troops at the blue smoke, where do I drop them? At ground targets? They give a grid of eg. Gg17, I've noticed a jtac unit in those grids, is this where I need to drop the troops?

It's there any navigational assistance to get to the lz?

For fob building/sling loading, its it build to your hearts desire? Or do you give to follow some guidelines?

Lastly can helis take straight off or must they taxi?

Sorry for all the questions but it's my first foray into multiplayer so I'm really a newbie.

Hey really interested in this server, especially for some of the heli missions as I've been enjoying the huey and the mi8.

Just a question on the missions available for these frames. For troop trasport I pick up troops at the blue smoke, where do I drop them? At ground targets? They give a grid of eg. Gg17, I've noticed a jtac unit in those grids, is this where I need to drop the troops?

It's there any navigational assistance to get to the lz?

For fob building/sling loading, its it build to your hearts desire? Or do you give to follow some guidelines?

Lastly can helis take straight off or must they taxi?

Sorry for all the questions but it's my first foray into multiplayer so I'm really a newbie.

You can drop units anywhere you wish and command them to attack targets. Best thing for transport pilots is to build hawk sites for air defence. Each a2g jet mission has a JTAC at it. Heli missions don't but if you drop a JTAC near a heli mission it will mark targets with smoke.

There should be some obvious stuff like don't build on runways. Not sure if it would even let you. You're free to do as you please. Our briefing mentions what to do if you're a heli.

Keep your lights on at the airbase at all times. Stay below 500 AGL or below is a good recommendation while near airbase. Cross runway only after stating intentions and verifying its clear. You don't need to Taxi but you do need to be very careful as a helicopter. Reckless flying will not be allowed near airbases.

SRS radio is helpful too.