Franken Force

My franken force

sticknthrot.jpg

and my POV while playing

op4_pov_art.jpg

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

Nice!

By the looks of it you must be a plumber.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

No need they can be found here http://snomhf.exofire.net/frankenForce/intro.html

And the original CH hangar thread where I learned about the Franken Force

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3177

I did not build exactly as described in the guide. I did not mount the extra pots in the base but instead wired up a second extension jack which I will use for something else.

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

Yes the motors are more than strong enough to hold the stick when using the trimmer button

edit: see this link for the limitations of trim http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=572028&postcount=34

The FCS will not hold the cyclic at an position beyond 20% of it authority over flight controls.

Edited by opformaster

• 3 weeks later...

Some pics of the internal workings of the Franken Force.

On the top right wedged in at an angle is the logitech wingman USB board. Mounted next to it are the 2 cat-5 extension ports (for unused axis and buttons) power porrt and switch. Those all had to be fitted to the joystick base. Ive also removed the centering springs to much improvement. Before the trimmer worked allright now it works great!

franken_boardweb.jpg

On the lower left is the CH 568 board. To the right is the secondary logitech board with old logitech twist rudder pot (the lil black hunk of plastic). Next to it is the old logitech throttle leads connected to a spare CH products pot. You can also see the cat-5 port I wired to the secondary board, I still need to hook it upif I wanna calibrate the logitech portion of the stick.

-op4

Edited by opformaster
spelling

• 9 years later...

Rojaws

This old 'mod' involve in fit an Logitech Force Feedback circuit in the rare CH Force FX - an force feedback joystick only supported in ... Win95!!!

This Force FX use the same grip of CH CombatStick.

The drivers for Logitech Wingman Force 3D or Logitech Wingman Strike Force 3D circuit used is not support in last Windows versions. So this mode now "is history".

Similar topic in CH-Hangar - most pictures gone, but some remain:

2944194032_f565562ff6.jpgupload pictures

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?/topic/2980-update-ch-force-fx-mod-now-with-picture/&

A "Franken Force" mod in heli version:

forcefx_cyc01_lg.jpg

The basic "how to" in "Homeboy's Inventions":

http://snomhf.exofire.net/frankenForce/intro.html

Anyway if you have/find a CH Force FX can do this using the circuit of a MS ForceFeedback2 USB.

But is more easy and less expensive install a grip of CH CombatStick/FighterStick in a mS ForceFeedback2 USB base, plus an Arduino for handle CH grip buttons/HAT (if are no from a USB version).

In this forum are several examples of this 'mod'.

Edited by Sokol1_br

The pictures in the beginning and in the linked document are not showing

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Thanks for your reply and for posting the pictures.

Yes, I was thinking Arduino would be the way to go but to get a new Fighterstick and rip out the existing CH Force FX handle would be a waste.

Shame that the Logitech Force Feedback stick is no longer supported. I think they'd be quite cheap and easy to find.

By the way, that post by snomhf was what got me started. He seemed to have made quite a detailed documentation of the process but the Photobucket site has stopped displaying their members' pictures.