Helicopter ??

Yes, you can use the throtttle s a collective, then if you want to go more serious into flying helicopters, you can buy yourself some dedicated controls. There is a decent choice now of helicopter controls manufacturers for PC, here is just one that I am using now: https://shop.microhelis.de/UH-1D-Control-Parts_1

But you also have complete kits like https://pro-flight-trainer-com.myshopify.com/collections/control-full-sets that are also nice.

The throttle needs at least two axis, one for collective control (rise/fall) and one for the engine throttle. You set the throttle once and then use the collective as the engine governors will take care of fuel flow.

If your throttle only has one axis, use that for collective and use keys for the throttle, like in the KA50, Pgup/Pgdn.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

That’s when you need a rudder axis as well. Lol. Or use your keyboard (which would be crap I’m sure)

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Once you go to helicopter controls you will not willingly go back. I have the Pro Flight Trainer Puma and prefer it even to the warthog hotas

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

The RPM control is not the most important. Once your engine is warm enough, you are basically pushing the RPM to 100% and leave it here until you shut it down (because you landed or because your engine is on fire). So you can live with page up / page down for the time being.

The collective on the contrary is something you will fiddle with constantly and having a dedicated axis is mandatory, along with the cyclic and rudder.

As has been said generally other then start and shutdown you do not use throttle, the engine is governed to maintain RPM within a certain RPM band.

The collective controls the angle of attack of the main rotor and hence the lift it provides although there is a lot more to it then simply lift in flight.

If you do not have pedals you'll want to get some it will make flying the sim that much better as well you might find a cyclic will add more to the immersion of the sim.

If your handy with basic woodwork, metal work and soldering you could roll you own or go down the path of purchasing prebuilt gear.

And VR is awesome for helicopter flight.

Here is some ideas for rolling your own.

Oh by the way welcome to the light side of flight simming :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.