Request to remove "NO COMMENT" from screenshots thread

Yurgon

• ED Team

Hi Yurgon

you can PM the contributor directly to express thanks or gratitude

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

you can PM the contributor directly to express thanks or gratitude

I thought the screenshots thread was merely to show a graphical representation of DCS's development...

What's wrong with saying something along the lines of "that's an outstanding screenshot, great job!" in public? Or the occasional "great skin, where can I download it"?

• ED Team
What's wrong with saying something along the lines of "that's an outstanding screenshot, great job!" in public? Or the occasional "great skin, where can I download it"?

It is a no comment thread for users to show off their screenshot's, allowing comments clutters the thread, as soon as you allow discussion it quickly goes off topic.

As mentioned if you feel the need to comment use the PM system

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Delete old PMs then.

If you allow comments then you'll have a couple of pages without screamshots.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

I respectfully disagree, it used to be kind of a mess when comments were allowed. In fact, they prohibited comments there because someone was complaining about a user using filters in his screenshots. :D I still remember the discussion, it was like, two pages long!

There are some places where discussions must be avoided because these specific threads always get out of hand at some point with unnecessary discussions.

I respectfully disagree, it used to be kind of a mess when comments were allowed. In fact, they prohibited comments there because someone was complaining about a user using filters in his screenshots. :D I still remember the discussion, it was like, two pages long!

There are some places where discussions must be avoided because these specific threads always get out of hand at some point with unnecessary discussions.

I remember that as well. I stopped making adjustments and the use of filters ever since then.

The last thing I want in that thread is to have people quoting 15 pics and reposting them so I can scroll through 7 pages of the same thing.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

The last thing I want in that thread is to have people quoting 15 pics and reposting them so I can scroll through 7 pages of the same thing.

That is a moderation issue. It is against the rules but, apparently, nothing is done about the infractions. It happens in many different threads and is annoying as hell.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I don't think it's a moderation issue, it's up to the user avoid this kind of thing. Sure, not everybody knows how to use the forum but educating yourself is good sometimes.

A good civilized place like a forum comes from you first, as a user.

If nobody points out an error, then the error will continue.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I think I remember discussions taking place in that thread that were pretty much off topic. I just don't remember them being so bad that they were seriously distracting.

In any case, the quality of screenshots posted is generally very high, and I think the occasional "wow" or "thanks" wouldn't take too much away from the thread, now that the rep system is gone, but maybe you're right that the discussions would become too significant.

Up voting, or down voting a post is the correct system and is what the goal should be. However, ED is only a customer of the folks making the forum software so we can only get what they get.