Memory Limit/Load Issues

NineLine

To join the analogy train...i built this house about three years ago (see sys).

Recently rennovated upstairs from an R295x2 to a 1080ti. No problems then and no problems now. Go figure.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird! 24GB of RAM and SSD but still experience 4-5 min load times (only in multiplayer). i7 4770k OC 4.2Ghz w/ GTX 908ti. When finally loaded into multiplayer, it is nice and choppy for about another 4-5 min before smoothing out.

SO weird! Being that its only in multiplayer that I have these problems. I guess I should get that extra 8Gb of RAM to fix this!

i7 4770k OC 4.6Ghz // 24GB RAM // GTX 980ti // Asus Hero VI MB // 500GB SSD

the long loading time only happens the first time for me. After that is smooth sailing all the way.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Weird! 24GB of RAM and SSD but still experience 4-5 min load times (only in multiplayer). i7 4770k OC 4.2Ghz w/ GTX 908ti. When finally loaded into multiplayer, it is nice and choppy for about another 4-5 min before smoothing out.

SO weird! Being that its only in multiplayer that I have these problems. I guess I should get that extra 8Gb of RAM to fix this!

In multiplayer the server/host upload is a factor as he needs to upload the whole mission to all clients when they join.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I don't really care to much about long loading times. As long as i get in. And as long as i can ALT TAB to do other things or press ESCAPE to stop the loading any time i want. A certain mil sim game had the same issue. And this solution about pressing ESC to stop the loading was first answered with that that it would not be possible. But voila... After some time mil sim 3 could exit the loading at any time. Saves a lot of frustration.

This loading dance i need to do every time to join a MP server is driving me crazy. I'm glad to hear you pro's are working on it. I will be playing Squad till then (i probably still be tempted haha).

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Going back to 1.5 does not make sense... I tried doing that every time I got frustrated with 2.5 but going to 1.5 (although more stable) feel like being stuck in limbo or purgatory). I decided to stick with 2.5 and ride thru the bugs with ED.
In fact, it looks pretty decent, compared to what I've seen in 2.5. Perhaps 2.5 shines on all-medium or all-max settings, but on low it looks far worse than 1.5.

Older versions will not receive updates. That is why they are old versions.
I sure hope ED reconsiders this. This is one of two extremely important gameplay features that were truly needed for all these years (the other one is BMP-2 related).
Edited by NineLine
Removed 1.15

They are not vulching... they are STRAFING!!! :smartass::thumbup:

• ED Team

I sure hope ED reconsiders this. This is one of two extremely important gameplay features that were truly needed for all these years (the other one is BMP-2 related).

ED wants to focus on one version, we have spent a long time with them balancing 1.5.X and 2.X and it hasn't been that easy or fun, I look forward to them going full steam ahead with 2.5 and optimizing and improving further, it makes no sense to support older versions, the goal is to move forward.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

ED wants to focus on one version, we have spent a long time with them balancing 1.5.X and 2.X and it hasn't been that easy or fun, I look forward to them going full steam ahead with 2.5 and optimizing and improving further, it makes no sense to support older versions, the goal is to move forward.

Totally agree to this. Old versions is, well, old. :thumbup:

Thats Like asking MS to put DirectX12 on Windows XP

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I have no clue what world you are living in but life, and software, does not work that way.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

On one of my older PC's, I spend less than 200 euros on a rather low-end GTX 1050 with 8GB VRAM that only needed one slot and no extra power connection, and I was all set and done: I have excellent graphics in 2.5 on that system.

The only thing you have on all systems high or low is the long loading time, but that doesn't really matter since once in game everything works fine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This problem es a big problem, because if this happen with actual size of maps, make bigger maps it´s almos impossible

Why ED doenst do the technique "bubble" around the plane, and load only that bubble of let say, 75 km?

Updating the game engine or assets is obviously not fun, it's work. I know that ED wants to focus on one version. But we should all clearly understand that since 2.5 not everyone will be able to use that version. When a typical user with 4-6GB RAM and 1GB video card attempts DCS, the result will be predictable. They won't listen to cool stories about 200E instant satisfaction video cards here -- they won't even go to the forum. This is a problem, it always was. In 1.5.6. that problem was solved, but for now it has resurfaced. Making something that looks awesome is not that hard. What hard really is it's when you try to put that something onto a real machine that does not have large (any, in fact) SSD or 32GB RAM.

This problem es a big problem, because if this happen with actual size of maps, make bigger maps it´s almos impossible

Why ED doenst do the technique "bubble" around the plane, and load only that bubble of let say, 75 km?

I don't think anyone here knows. This is an inherent engine problem since F2 :(
Edited by Черный Дракул

There is already a bubble around the plane.

Is called Terrain radius preload.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

When a typical user with 4-6GB RAM and 1GB video card attempts DCS, the result will be predictable.

It has been many years since that was a typical system.

http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam?platform=pc

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Not that many, although it seems ATM 8GB RAM and 2GB VRAM is the most common config. Anyway, even judging by this graph, by forcing 16GB requirements, ED will cut off almost half of the playerbase. And I can't find HDD type to find how many will be cut off by required SSD - is there such an info on that graph?

Not that many, although it seems ATM 8GB RAM and 2GB VRAM is the most common config. Anyway, even judging by this graph, by forcing 16GB requirements, ED will cut off almost half of the playerbase. And I can't find HDD type to find how many will be cut off by required SSD - is there such an info on that graph?
What do you expect from ED and the 3rd parties?

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Half the player base? Where did you get that figure from? Source required.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

TEMPUS FUGIT

What is cool & fast today is medium class in 6-12 month, ok for another 12-24 months and then it gets very long in the tooth until it is obsolete.

I have 3 kids on my own, 2 step children, money is always tight and I am happy I have the rig in sig as I won't have the cash to upgrade next few years, rather I am buying shoes.

Still, I do understand ED with this concept in forcing better hardware, there is no way around.

When the time comes when my machine gets old, I will accept it and not ask ED to turn back time. Be honest, be true, be fair.

The 16-32GB issue is tough, yes, the current prices make it even harder, but let us not forget that we all wanted ED to move on, go further, make it better, more modules, more maps, better terrain....it came at a price.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

He said "almost half"

42% exactly. Source ? the link he quoted…

Thanks. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

What do you expect from ED and the 3rd parties?
To do something with BMP-2 AA scourge?

What is cool & fast today is medium class in 6-12 month, ok for another 12-24 months and then it gets very long in the tooth until it is obsolete.

That was quite a few years ago. ATM the market pretty much stagnates. From one side, most studios have learnt to implement optimizations to fit their games into current machines, from the other it seems hardware vendors have hit a stone wall with current technology. 8GB RAM + 2GB VRAM is viable for everything for how long now? And it does not show a tendency to change.

I do understand ED with this concept in forcing better hardware, there is no way around.
(with quiet wisper) ...optimization?..

when my machine gets old, I will accept it and not ask ED to turn back time. Be honest, be true, be fair.
No one asks for turning back the time. The only thing I ask for is when new DM and AI is implemented, it would be to all versions of the engine, since those of us that can't keep up with ED hardware expectations still play the game.

let us not forget that we all wanted ED to move on, go further, make it better, more modules, more maps, better terrain....it came at a price.
It didn't have to and you know it.