Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-12-2019, 11:49 AM   #71
NightstalkerNOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrexen View Post
I have no idea how to do that yet haha. I know in theory it can be done though. Currently I'm finalising plans on paper for Syria ... for whenever the map comes out! It's a good question though because I think that would be very useful.

Today I actually flew a CAS mission on Snowfox to learn the A-10C (I don't normally fly CAS). I took out the SA-15 at Tunb Island on route to Bandar Lengeh and had SEAD support take care of the SA-11, whilst a fighter screen kept me in the clear. Managed to wipe out the targets and complete a mission. Didn't think I had it in me!

Anyway I will add the request to the list for later and will investigate. Can't promise anything at this stage.
Very good. Thanks for taking it into consideration. "Annoying" when I've spent an hour or so taking out several SAM sites, and then I have to go AFK...starting over again. (not a problem related to your mission - offcourse.)
NightstalkerNOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:34 AM   #72
sirrah

Maybe reported already, maybe done on purpose, but it seems that every time one of the allies shoots an AGM-88 I hear a "MAGNUM" sound file with a highly annoying, way to loud, 1980's like, music soundbite
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2019, 11:43 AM   #73
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrah View Post
Maybe reported already, maybe done on purpose, but it seems that every time one of the allies shoots an AGM-88 I hear a "MAGNUM" sound file with a highly annoying, way to loud, 1980's like, music soundbite
You can turn that off via the F10 menu for now, creator added sounds and that was one of them. Had a singular source to get it from and unfortunately wasn’t as clean as the others.

Cheers,

Don
Old 09-15-2019, 10:16 AM   #74
Surrexen

I have tried a few different methods of removing the background music for the magnum sound to no avail. Another user has sent me sounds for magnum launches but they are taken from another simulation that shall not be named and as a result I cannot use them without causing grief and mass hysteria.

Unless an adequate substitute can be found, then I may just take out the magnum sound in the next build.

Meanwhile, thank you daarseth for having my back it's appreciated!
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 11:48 AM   #75
sirrah

Quote:
I have tried a few different methods of removing the background music for the magnum sound to no avail. Another user has sent me sounds for magnum launches but they are taken from another simulation that shall not be named and as a result I cannot use them without causing grief and mass hysteria.

Unless an adequate substitute can be found, then I may just take out the magnum sound in the next build.

Meanwhile, thank you daarseth for having my back it's appreciated!
Annoying background music or not, I'm having great fun with this mission Surrexen. I just landed after a 2,5 hour straight mission, including AAR, TPOD A/G fun, A/A combat and several landing/rearming moments. All in 1 mission!

Thank you for your work!
sirrah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 04:29 PM   #76
daarseth

Just got done dropping 32 gbu-12’s and 22 jdams (all on target) along with 4 air to air splashed. I also thank you for your work Surrexen
Old 09-16-2019, 01:44 AM   #77
Surrexen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightstalkerNOR View Post
Very good. Thanks for taking it into consideration. "Annoying" when I've spent an hour or so taking out several SAM sites, and then I have to go AFK...starting over again. (not a problem related to your mission - offcourse.)
Ok so here is the deal. Persistence is very possible, but it would require people to de-sanitize 'lfs' and 'io' which is part of MissionScripting.lua in their installations. This allows for the exporting of data from the mission into a file that can then be loaded at mission start. I imagine some people may already do this to get things like TacView to load? Anyway ... it is very possible to add it in. I figure if people are comfortable with this then I can implement it for a future version.

The downside to this is that if you want to start the mission again 'from scratch' you would need to delete the exported data before starting up the mission.

How do people feel about this? Feedback is definitely required for this one.
Surrexen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 02:07 AM   #78
Scotch75

Quote:
Ok so here is the deal. Persistence is very possible, but it would require people to de-sanitize 'lfs' and 'io' which is part of MissionScripting.lua in their installations. This allows for the exporting of data from the mission into a file that can then be loaded at mission start. I imagine some people may already do this to get things like TacView to load? Anyway ... it is very possible to add it in. I figure if people are comfortable with this then I can implement it for a future version.

The downside to this is that if you want to start the mission again 'from scratch' you would need to delete the exported data before starting up the mission.

How do people feel about this? Feedback is definitely required for this one.
Hey Surrexen,

I think this would be a great addition, and most people would be happy to edit the MissionScripting.lua, as anyone who has played the DCE campaigns knows how to do this regularly. This file will have to be edited each time after an update/repair, and is quite easy to do with notepad++. You would probably need to spell out how to delete exported mission data, unless you can provide a "batch file" to automatically do this upon command from the user. Again, the DCE campaigns use this method to skip missions and/or restart campaigns.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM
Scotch75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 03:20 PM   #79
daarseth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotch75 View Post
Hey Surrexen,

I think this would be a great addition, and most people would be happy to edit the MissionScripting.lua, as anyone who has played the DCE campaigns knows how to do this regularly. This file will have to be edited each time after an update/repair, and is quite easy to do with notepad++. You would probably need to spell out how to delete exported mission data, unless you can provide a "batch file" to automatically do this upon command from the user. Again, the DCE campaigns use this method to skip missions and/or restart campaigns.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
I've never done any of that, but if there are clear instructions on how to do that - or a short YouTube video out there on how to do it that is accurate, I'd be happy to learn and progress thru a dynamic campaign. That would be a first, aside from the ones that are in MP servers (DDCS). Just would need to make sure that the instructions are accurate and clear, for non computer "wiz's" like myself and hopefully many others. I'm probably a minority on this one.

Cheers,

Don