DCS: F-16C Block 50 by EDSA - Page 34 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-16-2018, 04:57 PM   #331
ricktoberfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Panther= View Post
Blah

I wonder if the Oshkosh overshoot would have activated the EPU? Just watched a video of the recovery of the jet and the intake was jammed with mud which probably means the engine was toast and probably failed. No one was wearing any special equipment around the jet (although I don’t know how long that stuff would take to evaporate- or how long it was before they lifted the jet up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ricktoberfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #332
mvsgas
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktoberfest View Post
I wonder if the Oshkosh overshoot would have activated the EPU? Just watched a video of the recovery of the jet and the intake was jammed with mud which probably means the engine was toast and probably failed. No one was wearing any special equipment around the jet (although I don’t know how long that stuff would take to evaporate- or how long it was before they lifted the jet up.

The EPU activated according to the AIB report.
This is a direct PDF link, page 6
http://www.airforcemag.com/AircraftA...6C_Oshkosh.pdf
But, in reality the byproduct of hydrazine when it burns properly is would be water vapor, heat and ammonia IIRC. Before they would have worked on the aircraft, the Hydrazine tank would have been safetied. Unless someone was standing directly under the EPU exhaust, or if the hydrazine tank would have busted or leak ( very unlikely) I do not think anyone was in any danger.

CPU=Intel Core I3 7320, Mo/Bo= ASRock B250 Gaming K4, Memory DDR42400 pc4-19200 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V, video card=EVGA GTX 1060 SC, 6gb gddr 5, Joystick=Thrustmaster T-flight Stick X, Track IR, Win10 64

Last edited by mvsgas; 08-16-2018 at 05:13 PM.
mvsgas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 09:59 PM   #333
///Rage

What sort of armament can a block 50 carry? Is it fitted with the JHMCS and/or 9X?

www.51bisons.com

51st TS 96.43.128.170
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 10:36 PM   #334
QuiGon
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
What sort of armament can a block 50 carry? Is it fitted with the JHMCS and/or 9X?
Yes, both. It can carry pretty much everything you can imagine (cannon, Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, iron bombs, LGBs, JDAMs, CBUs, SDBs, Mavericks, HARMs, cruise missiles, nukes, ...). Sparrows and Harpoons have never been used with the F-16 in US service AFAIK, but other countries did.

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Last edited by QuiGon; 08-16-2018 at 10:51 PM.
QuiGon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #335
SVTONY

I wonder if we are getting CFT's on the F-16C module.

Speaking of which, does anyone know the amount of fuel and range of the F-16C when equipped with CFT's and droptanks?

Intel Core i7-6800K/16GB RAM/GeForce 1080/Windows 10/2TB HDD
SVTONY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2018, 11:55 PM   #336
Vyyper

US F-16 Air Defense Fighter was able to carry AIM-7 Sparrow. (F-16 ADF)
http://www.f-16.net/f-16_versions_article14.html
Vyyper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:18 AM   #337
=Panther=

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktoberfest View Post

I have been on a few crash recoveries, including being very quick on the scene for a very scary one. Won't go into the details, but the report is available on the website for F-16C Aug 2015.

The things I have seen several people do around crashed aircraft, while my team is fully suited up in HAZMAT suits is just stupid . At least I don't have to worry about hydrazine exposure if I am fully suited up.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Twitch Channel
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TFRP, Cougar MFDs, NP TIR5, Oculus Rift cv1
=Panther= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 10:03 AM   #338
///Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiGon View Post
Yes, both. It can carry pretty much everything you can imagine (cannon, Sidewinders, AMRAAMs, iron bombs, LGBs, JDAMs, CBUs, SDBs, Mavericks, HARMs, cruise missiles, nukes, ...). Sparrows and Harpoons have never been used with the F-16 in US service AFAIK, but other countries did.
Great news if so but I'm surprised. I thought the block 50s were early 90s variants. Presumably they've been constantly upgraded? It'd be nice if ED could tell us what precisely they're intending to model similar to what they did with the F18C.

Edit: It seems the JHMCS and 9X were operational sometime between 2001-2004 for USN and USAF.

www.51bisons.com

51st TS 96.43.128.170

Last edited by ///Rage; 08-17-2018 at 10:10 AM.
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 12:08 PM   #339
Alicatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
Great news if so but I'm surprised. I thought the block 50s were early 90s variants. Presumably they've been constantly upgraded? It'd be nice if ED could tell us what precisely they're intending to model similar to what they did with the F18C.

Edit: It seems the JHMCS and 9X were operational sometime between 2001-2004 for USN and USAF.
Belgium has Block 30s and they have the JHMCS, although I don't think it is fitted to all of them as some that fly above my house have the enhanced helmet and some have normal helmets.
Yes they fly that low and slow over my house

On the recent TV series featuring our local airbase we got to see one of the technicians taking the helmet apart to service it, some of the bits were censored tho
Old 08-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #340
=Panther=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicatt View Post
Belgium has Block 30s and they have the JHMCS, although I don't think it is fitted to all of them as some that fly above my house have the enhanced helmet and some have normal helmets.
Yes they fly that low and slow over my house

On the recent TV series featuring our local airbase we got to see one of the technicians taking the helmet apart to service it, some of the bits were censored tho
It's probably like our Vipers, not every mission has a requirement for the JHMCS, so they wear the standard HGU-55P.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Twitch Channel
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TFRP, Cougar MFDs, NP TIR5, Oculus Rift cv1
=Panther= is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bst, f16, falcon, viper