Does HB plan to do an EA-6 in the future to accompany the AI A-6?

BreaKKer

I was just curious what Heatblur’s entire plan is with the AI A-6 and KA-6. From what I’ve heard, HB doesn’t have any plans for an EA-6A or EA-6B. Instead of just hearing rumors, I thought it would be a good idea to ask HB themselves. I understand EW is all classified, and an AI EA-6 would really just be an orbiting AI/carrier deck objects. One of the main problems would be AN/ALQ-99 and AN/ALQ-218 modeling in DCS. Another problem would be a 4-crewed aircraft. Also, with the potential introduction for more sophisticated EW in DCS with the arrival of that one company that would help to an IADS network with ED, maybe it would be an idea for a 3rd party, or ED, to make a dedicated EW aircraft. And, if HB has already made a statement on what I’m asking, a link to the forum post would be appreciated.

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights

The EA-6A is just a modified two seat A-6, so as long as the AI asset (whatever specific variant that may be) can carry the HARM/Shrike you pretty much have all the capability needed to replicate one (or an A-6B, which is similar). The Prowler would require a completely different model, so it's not gonna happen.

Likely not, simply because electronical warefare has a rather backseat spot in DCS, in particular ECM and Jamming is very rudimentary still. Understandably so, it is one of the most classified subjects when it comes to military aviation. That said, the principles of course are known, but it will still require some time and significant effort to implement that properly in DCS - and will depend on whether ED has plans to build out this segment of DCS more or not, which is nothing I can comment on. So, for the time being it is a no, but we'll wait and see how DCS develops and what the future might hold.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Likely not, simply because electronical warefare has a rather backseat spot in DCS, in particular ECM and Jamming is very rudimentary still. Understandably so, it is one of the most classified subjects when it comes to military aviation. That said, the principles of course are known, but it will still require some time and significant effort to implement that properly in DCS - and will depend on whether ED has plans to build out this segment of DCS more or not, which is nothing I can comment on. So, for the time being it is a no, but we'll wait and see how DCS develops and what the future might hold.

Thanks!

BreaKKer

CAG and Commanding Officer of:

Carrier Air Wing Five //  VF-154 Black Knights