New Mission Editor Video Series

SUNTSAG

Hi All,

With so many new additions to the Mission Editor and considering previous video series are now quite old. I thought I would start a new series covering numerous topics, so here are the first 4 videos in what I hope will be an expanding series.

I am by no means an expert but I do know my way around the ME so if you have any topics you would like me to cover, then by all means let me know. Cheers.

• Like 2

Callsign: NAKED

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just registered to your YouTube channel, I really appreciate the work you do explaining details in the creation of missions.

Thank you very much!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900KF CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz ROG STRIX Z490-E GAMING
RAM 128 M.2*2 2T total SSD*3 2.5T total
GeForce RTX 3090   Orion2 HOTAS F-16EX  Saitek Pro Rudder

Nice video series .. I love concise and to the point videos, and you have managed to attain that without resorting to speak at a 100 words per minute like I've seen on some other videos :)

You've got a new subscriber .. thanks a lot for your content

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

How do you see the objects in the mission editor? I only see icons I'm DCS Open Beta 2.5.2.18307 like you? Should I activate an option to see the objects?

Hi darafty,

If you go to this thread started by one of the Devs..... it explains how to activate it via the lua code.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=212059

Cheers

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I really appreciate this series of video's.

It also highlights one of my pet peeves with the editor. There are hardly any already configured templates. For the beginning mission builder having a complete SAM site available to drop in would be extremely handy. It saves you from having to figure out what needs to be put in place for a specific SAM site. Having a collection of already prepared templates would greatly speed up building and getting to know unit configurations.

Once again thanks for the video's!

/edit:

Was going over your "New Unit Placement Method - DCS Mission Editor" video. Under USA/Ground Vehicles/ you have a lot more objects that aren't in my list. All preceded by an *. How would I be able to use these?

Edited by Koriel
Added question

Hi Koriel and thank you for your feedback, it's always appreciated.

Pre-set templates would always be a welcome addition agreed but also at the same time I guess it gives mission builders the freedom to create. There are template Mods out there that were user created, so that might be an option in the interim.

The * elements are mods that the BFVG created. When I produced the lua for the units I put a * in front of the name to make them easier to locate in the editor. Hope that helps.....cheers.

My YouTube Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]