@VKB - Any word on F18 adapter?

BMGZ06

Just wanted to see because it still says 2 weeks on the site which was the case a month ago. I am waiting to order the F14 grip and adapter together due to shipping costs. I may also order a replacement cable and black box to have as spares just in case.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

*knock knock* is anyone there?

Spoiler
  • [Modules] F/A-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, FC3, Ka-50, Huey, A-10 Warthog II, AH-64D
  • [Terrains] Persian Gulf, Nevada, Syria, South Atlantic
  • [PC] i7-9700K, 32 GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Ti, M.2 500GB, SSD 500GB, 4TB HDD, HP Reverb G2
  • [Flightsim] VKB GF 3 + TM F/A-Grip + Extension, TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Winwing Combat+ Landing Panel
  • [Simracing] Simucube 30 Nm, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals+ Handbrake V2, MME H+Seq-Shifter

• 1 month later...

Sure

Coming pretty soon.

:music_whistling::megalol:

Spoiler
  • [Modules] F/A-18C Hornet, Supercarrier, FC3, Ka-50, Huey, A-10 Warthog II, AH-64D
  • [Terrains] Persian Gulf, Nevada, Syria, South Atlantic
  • [PC] i7-9700K, 32 GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Ti, M.2 500GB, SSD 500GB, 4TB HDD, HP Reverb G2
  • [Flightsim] VKB GF 3 + TM F/A-Grip + Extension, TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Winwing Combat+ Landing Panel
  • [Simracing] Simucube 30 Nm, Heusinkveld Sprint Pedals+ Handbrake V2, MME H+Seq-Shifter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/24/2020 at 3:38 PM, reptile92 said:

Got mine yesterday! The best setup is tm grip + vkb gunfighter !

Do you mind sharing then from your experience: does the F-18 grip have any issues with centering like the Warthog grip on a Gunfigther base? 

And does the F-18 grip require VKB's 'W' cam developed to solve that issue for the Warthog (or is there another one for the Hornet, or none such needed)? 

Thanks!

No issue to center, as long as you put the max spring strength (50+40). I use the cam provided with the gunfighter base in december 2019. Not sure of the name.

I’m very happy with the F18 grip on vkb. Same as the warthog base. I swap depending on my aircraft. And using the 20cm extension

For what it's worth, since the F-18 adapters aren't available in the North America store, I bought a Warthog/F16 adapter and slightly modified it to fit.  Just a little filing with a metal file and it fits fine, and the electrical connections also appear to work fine.

Here's a pic of the slight filing needed to get it to fit.

Warthog adapter on Hornet grip  

Also, I don't think the W cams are being shipped anymore.  The North America distributor told me that they are long obsolete.  I'm using mine on a 100mm extension with the pre-installed Avia-S soft center cams and a single 50lb spring on each axis.  I wouldn't want to go much softer, but it returns to center reliably and doesn't feel floppy.  I don't feel the urge to add any more spring tension after a few hours last night doing some Case Is, AAR, dogfights, and air to ground cycles.  It feels very precise and smooth.  Definitely very happy with the setup!

WTqjMURS5wottZ_No5Ia4167ZIQbT1miKZs-TrYL