New User Question - Select not working

Adam

Hi,

I've just purchased VIACOM Pro and are new NOOB user.

I'm trying to use the Select command (Simple radio off)

I can get it to work with "Select Batumi", but I can not get it to work with "Select 253.000"

Voiceattack shows "Select" identified, but says:

Unrecognized: '253.000'

(I've also tried "Select AM 253.000" with no success.)

Running DCS 2.5.6 Latest Stable Release with FA/18C

Looking at page 19 on the manual it says to "Make sure the Radio Control commands are included in your profile (if needed use Config/Export)."

I've used the export button in the config section, but am unsure where to save all the .LUA files that have been created.

Should I be pasting them in %user%\saved games\dcs\scripts or %user%\saved game\dcs\Mods\tech\VAICOMPRO

Thanks

Hi Adam! Welcome to VAICOM!

I have never been able to to "select channel xx" or "select 2 5 3 decimal 1 2 3". Never! Even though select channel is recognized in VA. So if anybody else can shed some light, it would be very welcome!

As for the radio commands and export. When you've done the export, note the path. Go to VA and import the VAICOM profile, and you'll have a second profile VAICOM xxx 1-1 or similar. Now. Edit that profile and look for the radio commands, 2 lines, at the bottom in mine. Then just right click and select "copy to profile" and select your main VAICOM profile for both lines.

Hope this helps. If anything is unclear. Shout out again and I'll make some screen shots.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Hi Adam! Welcome to VAICOM!

I have never been able to to "select channel xx" or "select 2 5 3 decimal 1 2 3". Never! Even though select channel is recognized in VA. So if anybody else can shed some light, it would be very welcome!

As for the radio commands and export. When you've done the export, note the path. Go to VA and import the VAICOM profile, and you'll have a second profile VAICOM xxx 1-1 or similar. Now. Edit that profile and look for the radio commands, 2 lines, at the bottom in mine. Then just right click and select "copy to profile" and select your main VAICOM profile for both lines.

Hope this helps. If anything is unclear. Shout out again and I'll make some screen shots.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Aah - it's the Voice Attack export they're talking about. Gotcha.

As for the coms -nice to know I'm not the only one having issues. Hopefully we'll both get an answer.

Had a quick look at this, like both Max and you, no joy. I think the syntax is messed up in the Voice Attack command, so I don't think it will ever work as intended

As nobody (except Hollywood) knows what Vaicom is looking for changing it in the VA profile is a fruitless exercise...........I tried and failed miserably

If there is a specific aircraft that you want to call out frequencies for, then I've got a command that works for some, but not inside Vaicom, you need to append it to Vaicom and it'll work. Bailey's profiles also incorporate a frequency select comand, so if you download his profiles you could extract the command from there and append it to your Vaicom profile

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=242416

Shout up if that's not clear

Be mindful of syntax and use moderate pacing. Call "Select Two Five Three Decimal Zero" in one go but not too fast.

Also do not for example end above phrase with "Zero Zero Zero".

In any case first re-confirm that the radio control commands are in your profile in the first place.

Use of modulation ("FM" "AM") is optional.

Grtz

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

I was wrong the command is fine, but I think the problem is the syntax used for the ranges example [1..3]

Although the ".." should work according to the VA manual to specify a range. I frequently have problems using this type of syntax and there isn't any rhyme or reason I've figured for when it works and when it doesn't

It's probably working great for Hollywood, but I actually get "select 253.0" registering as unrecognized in the Voice Attack command window. Clearly VA has recognized what I've said but the command isn't triggering.

Yes I have the Radio control commands in the Vaicom profile

mTFl87NraP1-lIReA0hc_rtOL8SKuQswHbndhRLMMo41Im-V2veSWM-hTP5Si6ffDHoyoDfI4Y6xZ8cgWLFMT4JSW0PwemKy0ye9hZAcw-7arnpBg7Y39eZzlHnURsbp13cQrYnP5Q4lWq1HFvj-CkjHQ9riYCS2rdZOcd6pMMOTIv6iBqVYujKSl3gAYEevWHhc2HjAYLC9PqPrNvfL-te4an-COHvFFYf1M7bw5gY1ryHnfMGGXWDt3-Xfdrj8hiZWN32p4sNX9MkhSEJgs8JJG5qNCJnLkFaJd0FNc5RSrD-JocH-Wjcbe5kgrVCvkmvabRb4ejbeHLoPzaTCtg0HqnmDtYMR8FBj7cxY97lKGnevIBTo6ggg0bIpWk-zc7hdT47JyR_Qdj4hjh5bjNug9iPLyE81bEC_ymjBO1__FqaMF3VqNlr3krW5mSHCQwva-aQ7WdF_zA7N5_y8lZfO9G1r_PX2Vf1OolU30EnESICXIOR-kqdYEwo_IakK93kcGVCOj9hah4xZe3vVa13NPWgrK4qmn_f3YsKIVi2XEzyl2scGzujnVmNobaMAm-IDhiWqaLtJY3yiDuxd5I-ASxxRFiinVGxA-O2MKyQgrKOriPdGtqN4BThf-ETZFdO4_lVJJL5YbsGodPfItrFsoD-laVzICsyqXCeBS0pADLhbR9T7NR6ZXfPwAw=w790-h351-no?authuser=0

Edited by Weegie

To add to your reply Max. For me anyway, VA can be exteremely hit and miss in what it recognizes when it comes to number ranges.

With my own profiles, with some commands I can use a wildcard to input a number some not. Others the ".." will work then others I need to place all the numbers into the group. The final one in itself presents a problem for me as the numbers need to be placed with a "0" prefix to work reliably (I have no idea why).

For example [0..3] has to be replaced with [00;01;02;03] however that then sends the zero too which Vaicom doesn't recognize. I tried that as an experiment and VA recognized the Select and number, but as the command itself is peppered with zeros Vaicom doesn't recognize it.

I then thought about using the Wildcard as an input but that can't be used as Select is already a command so using Select* doesn't work as VA sees Select & Select* as the same syntax and will not let you use it.