newbie super taurus profile help

sbenus

just got my new HOTAS and looked around to see if there was a profile I could download so I wouldnt have to assign every switch manually but couldnt find one. Can someone point me in the right direction or do I have to go through it one by one? FYI, I am new to DCS and just starting now so greatly appreciate any help and patience. Cheers to all :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure that 2 patches ago a profile for the Winwing Super Taurus and Libra where included. If not you'll have to spend some time binding the controls. Took me around 15mins to set mine up.

Matt Wagner from Eagle Dynamics shows how to setup your devices here..

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Ensure you check my post on how to setup your afterburner detent.

Edited by MustangSally

I'm pretty sure that 2 patches ago a profile for the Winwing Super Taurus and Libra where included. If not you'll have to spend some time binding the controls. Took me around 15mins to set mine up.

Matt Wagner from Eagle Dynamics shows how to setup your devices here..

does that mean it'll auto config the switches?

This is for anybody with the Winwing throttle. The added commands from Winwing in export.lua can cause significant impact in CPU frametime in VR (causing intermittent spikes resulting in dropped frame rate). I did not see significant CPU impact in non-VR mode but haven’t done any serious testing. The current solution is to comment out Winwing’s stuff in export.lua for now.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

where is this file please?

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Apologies for being too new to understand what you guys are referring to.

In the meantime, I spent the day setting up the throttle switches and have most of them assigned and working. A couple of small issues I still need help on hopefully somebody can chime in…

1. The throttle axis is assigned and working however when I am firing up the engines and need to move them from off to idle, moving the throttles physically forward does nothing. I had to assign one button for each of the left and right throttle to move it to the idle position in DCS. It’s weird that it only happens during engine fire up but once everything is on and working, the throttles work normally. Anybody know why this is happening and how I can correct it so that moving the throttles to idle physically will do it in DCS?

2. The formation light, position light, and bleed air knobs don’t seem to get picked up by the DCS control set up. When I double click on each of those functions in the software and then try to move them physically on my throttle panel, Nothing happens in DCS to recognize them. Anybody now why? Any solutions?

3. The engine crank switch on my unit automatically returned to the central off position when you let it go but in DCS, it stays to which ever side is selected while the engine is cranking up so you can move the throttle to the idle position. Is everyone’s unit the same or was this a mistake in mine?

Finally, would someone mind emailing me their profile so that I can compare it to what I have so far and perhaps speed up what I am still missing? I would greatly appreciate the help.

Cheers

Simon

Apologies for being too new to understand what you guys are referring to.

In the meantime, I spent the day setting up the throttle switches and have most of them assigned and working. A couple of small issues I still need help on hopefully somebody can chime in…

1. The throttle axis is assigned and working however when I am firing up the engines and need to move them from off to idle, moving the throttles physically forward does nothing. I had to assign one button for each of the left and right throttle to move it to the idle position in DCS. It’s weird that it only happens during engine fire up but once everything is on and working, the throttles work normally. Anybody know why this is happening and how I can correct it so that moving the throttles to idle physically will do it in DCS?

When you jump into the cockpit (cold and dark) just run the throttle levers through their travel and back to idle cutoff....DCS should then pick them up once you start.

2. The formation light, position light, and bleed air knobs don’t seem to get picked up by the DCS control set up. When I double click on each of those functions in the software and then try to move them physically on my throttle panel, Nothing happens in DCS to recognize them. Anybody now why? Any solutions?

You have to assign the Position and Formation light knobs to the analog axis's in control setup.

Bleed air knobs work fine for me. When I get home later today I'll add some screen shots showing you the correct assignments.

3. The engine crank switch on my unit automatically returned to the central off position when you let it go but in DCS, it stays to which ever side is selected while the engine is cranking up so you can move the throttle to the idle position. Is everyone’s unit the same or was this a mistake in mine?

There's post just below this explaining the issue...you have the Engine crank incorrectly assigned.

Finally, would someone mind emailing me their profile so that I can compare it to what I have so far and perhaps speed up what I am still missing? I would greatly appreciate the help.

I'll attach mine tonight (Aus time)

Cheers

Simon

Please see above in Red

Edited by MustangSally

where is this file please?

Saved games\scripts

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help. And if you could include the profile for the joystick as well that would be icing on the cake. No rush. Thanks!

My panel profile and some screen shots....

WINWING F18 STARTUP PANEL.diff.rar

Bleed.thumb.png.d40e7a0e6a9c550a9e103e44fda13c7b.png

enginecrank.thumb.png.c3d4b7a628e93b19a903c29b56f15b6f.png

Lights.thumb.png.8215fcedb17d52cf43209fd249d53334.png

Edited by MustangSally

So that the switch issue is solved. However the idle issue is still occurring even though I ran the throttle forward and back in the cold dark cabin

Are your throttle bindings set as follows? Have you calibrated your throttle in Simappro?

Screen_200926_094747.thumb.png.5c82f998219e33ec246400ac8e739d03.png

Screen_200926_095015.thumb.png.a6ed3293ffb1089ad541bbb69d68163c.png

OK so I adjusted it as per your screenshots and went in and calibrated it again in simapp pro. I’m assuming now when you start cold and dark they should already be in the off position and I don’t have to move them forward and back before having to place them at idle during crank up, correct?

OK so I adjusted it as per your screenshots and went in and calibrated it again in simapp pro. I’m assuming now when you start cold and dark they should already be in the off position and I don’t have to move them forward and back before having to place them at idle during crank up, correct?

I just move them out of habit to ensure that DCS picks them up prior to start. Also in options there is a setting to detect your throttle.....something like that. Not at my Sim pc at the moment.

Don't forget to setup your A/B detent

Got it. It’s kind of late here so I’ll check again tomorrow and see. Really appreciate all your help. Hope it’s not a bother that I request your profile for the joystick and throttles as well? I already mapped the basic stuff on them but all of the buttons and switches would save me some time if I had your profile.

Got it. It’s kind of late here so I’ll check again tomorrow and see. Really appreciate all your help. Hope it’s not a bother that I request your profile for the joystick and throttles as well? I already mapped the basic stuff on them but all of the buttons and switches would save me some time if I had your profile.

My Stick and throttle profiles. I do have some slight changes tho..

Stick Recce button:

Left - Salute

Right - Ball

Up - vacant for TrackIr re-centre

Press - Recce Event

Sensor Select:

Up, Down, Left and Right - default bindings

Press- Goggles toggle

Throttle grips:

All default except I have swapped the ATC engage with the FOV Raid button

Lastly, I have bound the up/dwn of the dispense switch with cockpit fwd/back

WINWING JOYSTICK BASE1 + F18 GRIP.diff.rar

WINWING THROTTLE BASE1 + F18 HANDLE {328A2E60.diff.rar

Screen_200926_222039.thumb.png.2cb6f32e7064fc8eb38b908c0ee3fc67.png

Edited by MustangSally

Finally got everything working 100%. Thanks so much to everyone especially Mustang Sally for their generous time and assistance. Finally did my first takeoff, flight, and landing without issue. Now I just have to learn all the other bells and whistles and start shooting.

One less quick question… Does anyone have it happen to them that when starting the jet, the multifunction displays, HUD, and lower display don’t fire up at all?