Hornet release date closer than thought.

BlazingTrigger

In an interview with Rock paper shotgun yesterday ( https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/01/12/the-flare-path-hows-it-going-2/ ).

Wags has said this quote: "By the end of January, DCS World 2.5 will be released and the F/A-18C Hornet will be released into Early Access by the end of March 2018."

As said in their FB page that a release by late spring is a buffer incase all goes wrong for the rest of the development stage however it now appears that march is a more realistic release date however do bear in mind that this is still not set in stone as development throws a curve ball every now and then.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• ED Team

End of spring 2018 is the latest

And it could be sooner. As I said, end of Spring is just latest possible time.

Some of you are missing the "by" in by end of Spring 2018.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

We will see how that "by the end of January" will work out in two weeks, and how much before the end of the month 2.5 will land.

Usually when Ed gave such dates before, they managed to deliver on time, but not sooner.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

And well, my birthday is in March so I am accepting a Hornet as gift :D :D

(j/k)

that's good enough for me buddy! I'll give ED a ring to make it so... :megalol:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Got mine, and glad to hear of the interview. We've waited patiently for these updates and I'm happy to pay for the hard work of the developers, and it's out, when it's out. I play this sim much more than any other these days. I'm no pro' pilot, I just enjoy the hard work of many others, Thank you all, Devs, Managers, contributers, extra gizmo makers and 3rd party anythinger's. Its an amazing system. If you get stuck, you just have to ask and people help, in THEIR own time. We just have to appreciate what we have, not pick over what we don't. It all takes time. IMHO

• Like 1

• ED Team

Just to add to this.

To be clear, this was provided to RPS prior to our formal Hornet pre-purchase announcement. While we are certainly shooting for and think end of March is possible, we feel best to just keep the release scheduled for "by end of Spring 2018" in order to give us some maneuver room in case anything take longer than projected. Heaven forbid we miss a scheduled early access release and break the internet ;)
  • Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just got mine pre-ordered and can't wait for it to be released into early access! With my birthday in the end of January, I will be more than happy to get 2.5 as a birthday present. But getting the F/A-18C as well would just be mindbogglingly awesome!

However it is the safest to expect an early access release in the end of spring this year. So that when they work harder than predicted and get the module in an early access ready state faster than expected, we will all have a pleasant surprise on our hands.

In the end, the date doesn't really matter. The most important thing is the quality of the module we get. And relying on past experiences with the information we have gotten so far, it looks to be worth every penny that it costs. When put in context with other options, it even looks to be worth more than we payed for. So thank you ED/Bst, for your awesome work and generosity!

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

it even looks to be worth more than we payed for.

This!!1 I'd say it's worth much more than $60/80, I just don't get what these other (minority btw) people are complaining about, and that's coming for someone who's still saving up for a new rig and working with like a 2009 era technology pc atm..

• Like 1

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

This!!1 I'd say it's worth much more than $60/80, I just don't get what these other (minority btw) people are complaining about, and that's coming for someone who's still saving up for a new rig and working with like a 2009 era technology pc atm..

Can you please take your complaining about people who complain about the price to the thread where people actually complain?

Thank you :)

• Like 1

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

The article was published yesterday though.

(j/k)

You definitely deserve it :thumbup:

• Like 1

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Can you please take your complaining about people who complain about the price to the thread where people actually complain?

Thank you :)

:D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

We will see how that "by the end of January" will work out in two weeks, and how much before the end of the month 2.5 will land.

Usually when Ed gave such dates before, they managed to deliver on time, but not sooner.

Did you see the Wags video about the 2.5 on 2017 december? He was sure that they get to the end of January because they were in so good situation in the development, even hen just finishing the other seasons (already done based to another video).

So I think Wags could done exception this time about schedule as they think they are in good position to do so. Yet we all need to give them total change to need extra time as no one knows what happens in first moments. Like what if the files and backups gets suddenly destroyed? So they need to go hunting some fourth/fifth backup files from somewhere stored that delays days or weeks?

What if the person/team responsible to release experience a personal tragedy and can't work for a week?

I have never understood the modern idea of the schedules, where everything is maxed out and deadlines are like "This is the time you deliver" instead "This is the last change you need to deliver" but no one should be there, but ASAP. That way you do your work and you deliver as soon as possible, not in the last moment.

And you can see how all things goes wrong when such mentality people get to planning positions in the world, as they design all from bus routes to traffic lights and roads to logistics etc where they are expecting that everyone is operating 100% accuracy without any loose time and moments. There is no time scheduled for a sudden breaks out, accidents, traffic jams, delays, holidays etc etc. So when something unexpected happens (happens always) then everything from that point starts to go wrong.

Even in hospitals people has died or permanently paralyzed because some whackhead made a decision that specific medical device is allowed to be take in use only at specific day, at specific clock time across the nation. So people whom lives and life could have been saved by using the machine or medicine stored in hospital medical lab for weeks before official day and time regardless that even the staff has been trained to use them and all is ready....

So what do you think then about deadlines and schedules? They are nothing... Problem is not just in software business, it is everywhere and people really die because these fanatical ideas of schedule being 100% sure and need to be followed by the number.

That is the same thing with the laws. They are not meant to be use literally, but as guideline. Have mercy for the offender, and not just seek a guilty person, but as well understand that there is accidents and there are situations that just happens. But that is other story. And yet it all starts from these ideas of schedule being a full promise.

DCS World is a entertainment product. It is not life and death situation. It ain't affecting peoples lives such way if they need to delay it for weeks or even months. Yes, fans would be unhappy and some would get angry, but that is then their fault if they build so strong expectations for themselves!

But maybe some people are married to DCS, so that delay is like spouse would forget the anniversary that other has been expecting for months...

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Just bought the F-18 Hornet. :thumbup:

Now lets have the F-16 Falcon. :joystick:

Please, no wishlist signs on side of the path, otherwise people will turn there... ;)

Lets just be happy that it is 2018 when we get F/A-18C Hornet, and not 2020!

Let it be celebration if we get it sooner than later, and even nicer if it is a big surprise to fans!

We know it is coming, we get to pre-purchase it and yet we need to remember that there are those who can't as they need to save some money for it, so lets hope that those who want it, can get it and they don't feel bad if they can't pre-purchase it on first day.

Jeeez, you smoothly went from early access release dates, to backups, healthcare, civil engineering, law making and marriage.

Whatever you're smoking, I want some.

Jeeez, you smoothly went from early access release dates, to backups, healthcare, civil engineering, law making and marriage.

these forums are always entertaining, to say the least. We even managed birthdays too! :thumbup:

any rate, hoping the Hornet comes sooner than late Spring. Regardless, she's in my barn now....

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I think because you are smoking something, yo have simplified your mind that you can't even understand that how people expectations for something to arrive is learned and how it betrays them and does more harm than good to everyone.

Everyone is waiting for Godot....

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

I think I can understand now why you have to put such disclaimer in your signature.

Apology accepted.

Lets give ED the time they need to deliver a good product.

I also cant wait to get my hands on an F-18 and for sure i will not be happy if its coming later but i will understand.

Since i bought the Harrier and find it in a stage where nothing really works beside of Take Off and Landing. Well that its not ready was expected but i didnt think that actually not a single system is ready....

Im willing to wait a bit longer for the F-18, seems like this beauty is a bit more finished even in early access than the Harrier is.

The article was published yesterday though.

(j/k)

:thumbup: My birthday is also in March, so I've already bought myself a present. :music_whistling:

Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X | i5 10600K@4700 | 32 Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | Gigabyte Aorus GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G |

MONITOR IIYAMA 24,5" LED LCD @ 1920 x 1080 | Windows 11

| Saitek X-55 Rhino | TrackIR 5 Pro