AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

I've done the same so many times.Cant wait for it.

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first reason is that the Maverick types carried by the Harrier (AGM-65E and F) cannot be loaded on LAU-88s.

Even if the aircraft used AGM-65D and H, LAU-88s (they are launchers, not ejector racks) are huge, heavy, and produce a lot of drag. The Harrier just isn't big enough. It's role and typical mission profile also necessitates light loadouts.

LAU-88s are very rarely used these days by any aircraft type.

Wow, thanks for that info. Disappointing to hear but much appreciated.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

I spent ages Making a road base for a night mission we ran only problem I found = unable to get NVGs added as can't rearm. and in the ME menu you can't add them so had to scrap it and go for a carrier hahaha

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

This pics are made in a actual MP mission flown by my virtual Squadron. The base is fully operational, we rearmed and refuelled there with no troubles. you can also repar, use ground power and ask for the NVG.

but I agree that making this base operations was not easy, the critical thing is to find the proper terrain really flat around the road.

But it is doable

However I hope we can have a better Mod or easier solution to make it so.

Wow, thanks for that info. Disappointing to hear but much appreciated.

Yeah, I kinda felt the same given how useful the Mavericks are on the Harrier with the DMT, but I spent quite a bit of time trying to hunt down any evidence of carrying even just 2 Mavericks on a single hardpoint and couldn't find anything, same with the Zuni pods.

Hello. Where is possible to find this road Farp created by P. . do you have a link for the download? And, can this create after some problem with the original DCS / Razbam products? Thanks. Bye

Fabio

This Mod replaces the original FARP.

So in other missions FARPS may look pretty weird.

If used in MP Missions, everybody needs to have the Mod installed, this likely does mean public servers do not use it.

Not sure if it breaks integrity, but it likely does. This would prevent you from joining MP servers with integrity check activated.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

This Mod replaces the original FARP.

So in other missions FARPS may look pretty weird.

If used in MP Missions, everybody needs to have the Mod installed, this likely does mean public servers do not use it.

Not sure if it breaks integrity, but it likely does. This would prevent you from joining MP servers with integrity check activated.

:thumbup:

Thank you really for the quick answer. I don't use multiplayer usually , I prefer to play alone, so, in some way, I could use this patch but for what I ve understood it's better to don'tuse it anyway. I hope that Dcs or Razbam will think about this possibility (a road farp) adding a hause made patch without related problems because I think that, in multiplayer or in single missions, now that there is this new plane, this kind of farp would be very nice, giving a near to unlimited number of places where to take off and land. This patch could be avoided if it would be possibile to have a vertical take off from the actual Farp with some weapons load, but, for what I know and for what I tryed, it's not possible, at least in Nevada map . Bye

My wingman does not respond. How do you communicate with wingman? Do you have to setup a channel in the ME?

EDIT: nevermind! I answered my own question :doh:

Edited by pimp

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

Sooo, it's been 1.5 months since the early access release! I guess it's time to hear about the plans on the continued development of the features.

To me, the most interesting ones are how's the work progressing on the following items?

- TGP integration

- Autopilot

- And, most importantly, INS and NAV systems

I really want to get my TACANs working properly with radials, get proper magnetic headings and be able to create and edit waypoints in flight.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

Sooo, it's been 1.5 months since the early access release! I guess it's time to hear about the plans on the continued development of the features.

To me, the most interesting ones are how's the work progressing on the following items?

- TGP integration

- Autopilot

- And, most importantly, INS and NAV systems

I really want to get my TACANs working properly with radials, get proper magnetic headings and be able to create and edit waypoints in flight.

+1 :thumbup: though without even going to which part would be prefared but at least a priority list from RAZBAM showing order in which missing features are going to be delivered would be much appreciated.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Please tell me the servers are prepared for 2.5. It took me two and a half days to download 2.2 on a 100mbps connection.
By prepared, if you mean do the servers have 2.5 installed.

No buddy, the servers will have the download when every one else does mate

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

Please tell me the servers are prepared for 2.5. It took me two and a half days to download 2.2 on a 100mbps connection.
If you have 1.5 Openbeta and 2.2 installed, you can Update 1.5 OB to 2.5 OB while the install will take a lot of files from 2.2, already on the PC.

Do not delete 1.5 Openbeta or 2.2 even when you plan to install 2.5 from scratch, unless you run out of space.

This can save a lot of download time.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

By prepared I mean not having terrible download speeds. My ISP blocks torrents and the HTTP servers have typically been running at 60kbps up to a week after a patch drops.

I have 1.5 Release and 2.2 on an SSD, but no room for a third branch.

By prepared I mean not having terrible download speeds. My ISP blocks torrents and the HTTP servers have typically been running at 60kbps up to a week after a patch drops.

I have 1.5 Release and 2.2 on an SSD, but no room for a third branch.

It's not a third branch though, it's a replacement for both of the others. If you get a free trial for a VPN service, would that not circumvent your isps' block?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that struggles to see at night in VR even when using FLIR or NVGs? And unfortunately, the Tarawa does not have any lights on it so I can only see it when I'm up close to it and by that time I'm passing it up. :)

It's not a third branch though, it's a replacement for both of the others. If you get a free trial for a VPN service, would that not circumvent your isps' block?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Would 2.5 overwrite one of my current branches? My main concern is that I only have 9GB left on that SSD.

Most VPN trials limit your bandwidth IIRC.

Would 2.5 overwrite one of my current branches? My main concern is that I only have 9GB left on that SSD.

Most VPN trials limit your bandwidth IIRC.

If you have 1.5.8 Openbeta(!) this will be updated to 2.5 Openbeta. You will "replace" and "add" files in/to 1.5.8 Openbeta from 2.2 and download the remaining updates from the internet.

Unfortunately 9GB is tough! As you would need space for at least the additional one or two map(s) from 2.2 (Nevada and Normandy) if you update 1.5.8 Openbeta.

Any chance to switch the provider and get a larger SSD?

Shagrat