Left handed stick recomendation please

imk

Hello,

So ya I am a lefty living in a right handed words and am open to input re a new left handed or dual left/right adjustable stick.

I currently have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force USB that I bought second hand, its ok but think time I got a nice new one.

So recommendation please.

imk

PS I fly DCS F15, A10, and FS x heavy jets.

Just something to keep in mind. RL pilots, whether left handed or right handed, all use the same hardware. This means that in those military jets, it is right hand on the stick and left hand on the throttle.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

im a left handed too but im flying many years with my right hand on stick

without any problem at all

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

From my memory of flying real planes (not fighters) I took the left hand seat and throttle was on my right. I guess its what you get use to, but problem is I am VERY left handed. Also my desk layout is stick left hand and teach yourself how to fly F16 manual my right.

So any ideas/recommendation for good left handed stick please?

True for civvie planes. But its like asking for an automatic rifle with the ejection port on the other side, it just doesn't happen.

Best in memory was some saitek multi sided one but I wouldn't recommend it, i'd only recommend getting used to the way it is and avoiding your disappointment by redefining your expectations..

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Perhaps this is of use?

Don't know if the following is still active\available, contact to ask.

http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php/topic/3104-the-leftyhotas/?hl=%2Bleft+%2Bhanded+%2Bhotas

and this one which is more recent

http://starcitizen.mmmos.com/?p=view&uid=5417a19da7895&title=left-handed-hotas-warthog-a10c-joystick

Edited by ddocg

Dave

Intel Core i7 4770K i30 cooler Win 7 Pro 64bit Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 240GB OS Drive

Kingston SSDNOW V300 SATA III 120GB DCSW Dedicated Drive ASUS Radeon R9 290 ASUS Z87-K

Corsair 16GB DDR3 Vengeance Jet Black 1600mhz Corsair AX860i PSU Thermaltake Chaser A71 Case

Acer S271HL 27 inch monitor 1No 8" lilliput touch screen, running uMFCD

TM HOTAS Cougar with TUSBA TM Cougar Stick Simped F16 C with RUSBA Track IR5

I'm also a leftie. The best is to get used to it and use the right hand for the stick. Mouse in left, stick in right hand, I actually see it as an advantage (think of the poor other 90% letting the stick go to use the mouse in the cockpit). I struggled at the begining but muscle memory develops quickly, so no problems nowadays.

It also helped a LOT when I started to fly gliders IRL, it felt relatively comfortable since day one. Since trim and airbrake controls are on the left side, you need to fly the approach with the right hand on the stick.

I would appreciate a good left handed friendly gaming mouse though...

True for civvie planes. But its like asking for an automatic rifle with the ejection port on the other side, it just doesn't happen.

Sorry I'm OT, but we (ex Australian Army) had the option of left or right handed ejection ports for our F88 Aus Styer (Australian version of Styer AUG). It was a fairly easy conversion done by the unit level armorer.

However I also recommend getting used to the 'right-handed' setup because it's more realistic and it will be a lot cheaper for you. I have trained myself to use my mouse left handed for DCS clickable cockpits and I am even getting pretty good with pressing left mouse button with my left ring finger, which I found very hard at first.

Further OT if anyone knows a way to swap left and right mouse buttons on individual mouse devices I would love to know how. So far I have only found global swap setting so my right hand mouse gets swapped as well as my left.

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

Have a look at the Razer DeathAdder mouse for a good left hand unit and sorry, can't help with a LH joystick.

throttle in the left, mouse in the middle and joystick on the right, with the keyboard tucked up on a sliding tray underneath (I learned in an office - mouse in the left and pen in the right)

City Hall is easier to fight, than a boys' club - an observation :P

"Resort is had to ridicule only when reason is against us." - Jefferson

"Give a group of potheads a bunch of weed and nothing to smoke out of, and they'll quickly turn into engineers... its simply amazing."

EVGA X99 FTW, EVGA GTX980Ti FTW, i7 5930K, 16Gb Corsair Dominator 2666Hz, Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit, Intel 520 SSD x 2, Samsung PX2370 monitor and all the other toys

-

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar"

take Airbus FBW stick. The pilot does not swap with first officer if he is righty or lefty... Both hands are same.. It comes with practice to become second nature.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

I'm a lefty too, I've used Logitech Extreme 3D Pro and Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2. Although they are both right hand designs, I didn't had a problem with either. While it's thumb rest looks beefier, to my surprise FFB2 is actually the more cmfortable among two.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Sorry I'm OT, but we (ex Australian Army) had the option of left or right handed ejection ports for our F88 Aus Styer (Australian version of Styer AUG). It was a fairly easy conversion done by the unit level armorer.

Lucky guys! Maybe we had that service in the British Army, but we were just told to shoot with the other hand, I don't remember anything else, but this was 20 years ago.

Still, back on topic, I think the only thing you do by keeping a left stick is rule out the better sticks. This isn't an FPS level of hand-eye coordination, I mainly do a lot of standard turns which I can do either hand.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Hello,

So ya I am a lefty living in a right handed words and am open to input re a new left handed or dual left/right adjustable stick.

I currently have a Saitek Cyborg Evo Force USB that I bought second hand, its ok but think time I got a nice new one.

So recommendation please.

imk

PS I fly DCS F15, A10, and FS x heavy jets.

I am left-handed as well but through so many years of right-handed joystick use, i could not use my left hand to fly anywhere near as good as I could my right hand. So keep at it and as you build proficiency, your muscle memory and brain neurons will compensate.

Lefty here too. Don't totally rule out learning to use the flight stick with your right. It allows you to use a mouse with your left hand easily while flying. Might be hard to find a good throttle solution too if you do switch it up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access

• 2 weeks later...
Same here Paradox :)

For sure go for the 16000 (Saiteks and Logitechs are no match)

Fully ambidextrous joystick!

Exclusive precision technology: H.E.A.R.T.– HALLEFFECT ACCURATE TECHNOLOGY™ !

Thrustmaster T.16000M

T16000M_1_800x600.jpg

+1. You can adjust the hand rest on the 16000 to make it more comfortable for a left handed user. Also, the button layout is the same if the stick is used right or left handed.

From my memory of flying real planes (not fighters) I took the left hand seat and throttle was on my right. I guess its what you get use to, but problem is I am VERY left handed. Also my desk layout is stick left hand and teach yourself how to fly F16 manual my right.

Civ planes are like that. Fighters are right-handed for the stick.

So any ideas/recommendation for good left handed stick please?
My recommendation is fake it 'till you make it. It IS just a brain thing. You'll be able to deal with it quickly.

Same deal with right-handed people going into civillian planes.

Put it another way ... you'll probably be hard-pressed to find a good left-hand HOTAS throttle.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

My first Stick was the Logitech Attack 3 it was made for both, right and left handed ppl.

Well its not high quality and not that good for the A10 or other hardcore modules but I think that there arent that many high quality sticks for lefthanded people... (no racism btw :smilewink:)

See for yourself:

27951.png

http://support.logitech.com/en_us/product/302

Regards

Edited by Griffon26

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Never parachute into an area you've just bombed

You never have too much fuel, unless you burn.

If you want any sense of realism, try flying right handed as others have said!

And if you're getting something new, go with a good HOTAS. The ambidextrous sticks posted here aren't really an upgrade over a Cyborg, are they?

PC Specs / Hardware: MSI z370 Gaming Plus Mainboard, Intel 8700k @ 5GHz, MSI Sea Hawk 2080 Ti @ 2100MHz, 32GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM

Displays: Philips BDM4065UC 60Hz 4K UHD Screen, Pimax 8KX

Controllers / Peripherals: VPC MongoosT-50, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, modded MS FFB2/CH Combatstick, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Gametrix JetSeat

Lucky guys! Maybe we had that service in the British Army, but we were just told to shoot with the other hand, I don't remember anything else, but this was 20 years ago.

These days they choose the option which suits the shooter best. I think they use FN F2000's with the ejection port at the front for left hand shooters in the dutch army (not sure though).

OT: I would however try to train yourself using a right handed stick. There are not many left handed options out there. I am left handed myself, but luckely i was used to using right handed controlers from a young age, so i never had any trouble.

• 2 years later...
I'm also a leftie. The best is to get used to it and use the right hand for the stick. Mouse in left, stick in right hand, I actually see it as an advantage (think of the poor other 90% letting the stick go to use the mouse in the cockpit).

i cant believe this... you are cheating...

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10

With the current hype on Space-Sims, there are quite some good alternatives for lefties coming up. It depends a lot, though, on how much you want to spend:

https://virpil.com/en/shop/sticks/vpc-mongoost-50-lh-flightstick-vpc#vina-tab

AFAIK the grip also fits on the TM Warthog-Base:

https://virpil.com/en/shop/grips/vpc-mongoost-50-lh-grip-vpc

IIRC the Saitek Cyborg Flight Stick also was suited for lefties. I don't know, if it is still being produced, though.

Edited by Feuerfalke

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD