What to Expect in the Next Hornet Open Beta Update (11/21?)

Fropa

The expected feature list is quite impressive indeed. And I think a lot of people purchased the hornet as a long term bet, not to say it can't be a lot of fun to fly already. Early access stuff was discussed on the forum and in Steam reviews so there was some awareness of the potential risks.

That was a great post by Schmidtfire and really puts everything in perspective. When I pre-purchased the Hornet, I was guessing maybe two years since original release for a complete Hornet but with only 4 people working on it and the current pace, I have to agree that the unfortunate reality may be closer to three years. Maybe if the Hornet is selling really well, they can hire more staff and increase production.

The summary from Schmidtfire was really good, but not sure if correct on all points - has ED committed to all the listed weapon systems/radar modes? What I understood not every weapon that is in reality employed is actually coming to the platform.

The 4 people were the ones coding the systems. (Means there could be some coders working on other aspects of the software as well?) Most probably there are a bunch of other people involved with the hornet as well. But 4 coders is already a lot when the whole DCS ecosystem is like 100 people (figures given by ED some time ago). I don't really see ED possibly increasing the pace of development, we're already in a good situation and adding more people to the team would be counterproductive, ED seems to think that way and new resources would go to other teams to bring us new aircraft or (hopefully) work on neglected parts of the platform like multiplayer or combined arms.

SA-342 Ka-50 Mi-8 AJS-37 F-18 M2000C AV-8B-N/A Mig-15bis CA --- How to learn DCS

The summary from Schmidtfire was really good, but not sure if correct on all points - has ED committed to all the listed weapon systems/radar modes? What I understood not every weapon that is in reality employed is actually coming to the platform.

Yes that list was pulled directly from the FAQ at the top of the Hornet Threads.

cant' wait fro today's news letter !!!

Exciting days to come :)

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

From today's weekend news:

"DCS World 2.5 Update

Due to some issues we wish to resolve in the Open Beta before moving it to the Release version, there will be no update to the Release version this week. For next week though, on 21 November, we plan to include the following in the new Open Beta:

Corrected Hornet radar break-lock, elevation scanning, and ACM modes.

Integration of radar lock data onto the JHMCS for the Hornet.

Addition of infrared-guided AGM-65 Mavericks for the Hornet.

Corrected CLIMB function for the Hornet FPAS page.

Corrected remaining AGM-65E errors.

Updated Hornet Early Access Guide.

Updated Persian Gulf map with additions of Kish Island airfield, Al Bateen airfield, Lavan Island airfield, Bandar-e-Jask airfield, Abu Dhabi International Airport, Sas Al Nakheel airfield, Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center, and the Yas Viceroy with Formula 1 racetrack.

Continued tuning and improvements to the MiG-29 flight and engine model."

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

From today's weekend news:

Corrected Hornet radar break-lock, elevation scanning, and ACM modes.

Integration of radar lock data onto the JHMCS for the Hornet.

Addition of infrared-guided AGM-65 Mavericks for the Hornet.

Corrected CLIMB function for the Hornet FPAS page.

Corrected remaining AGM-65E errors.

Sierra Hotel!

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Perfect! So we will have IR Mav`s in next OB update?

are u blind?

just read up :megalol:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

are u blind?

just read up :megalol:

rude

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

Yes, thats what I mean. I dont know what Goa wants to say...Whatever.

My guess, it is stated what will be included in the next OB and 2 posts beneath that you are asking if it will be included in the next OB??? Maybe your question mark is a typo and your intention was an exclamation mark? I don't know, it's just funny to see that.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yes, thats what I mean. I dont know what Goa wants to say...Whatever.

he had a smiley, so I don't think it was intended as anything bad. more or less tongue in cheek.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

So, we will have all Mavericks soon in game. SA\Datalink and HARM following after. The major missing things will be ATFLIR, full AA and AG radar. We should see this bird finished somewhere in 2019 I guess.

Also GPS navigation, AGM88 Harm, jdams, jsow, and launched decoys, LGB's, Mk77 Fire bombs.

also missing is radar data in the JHMCS, as well as ability to create a target points on the Grounds with it.

But yeah were gradually getting there to completion. At least with the IR mavericks, us Hornet drivers can self launch and destroy targets with some stand off capability with a fire and forget weapon without having to need to wait for the TGP.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Also GPS naviigation, Jdams, Jsow, and Launched decoys, LGB's, Mk77 Fire bombs.

also missing is radar data in the JHMCS, as well as ability to create a target points on the Grounds with it.

But yeah were gradually getting there to completion. At least with the IR mavericks, us Hornet drivers can self launch and destroy targets with some stand off capability with a fire and forget weapon

The radar information on JHMCS will be available soon. If I'm not wrong, this Wednesday.

You are right about the remaining weapons, but they seem easier to implement than to code radar systems, ATFLIR etc...

Pretty sure we will have LGBs quicker than what we think.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

I expect that point which has been on the changelog on Oct 10th:

TDC cursor position maintains location after target breaks lock.

I'd say six weeks later we can expect it to be actually in.

Here's my radar screen after a lock break on merge, back to top left as usual rainbowdashwink.png

This is something I'd really like to know the real deal about. Does it even "spawn" up there in the first place? This is against any rules of usability... I'd make it centered by default so you can get anywhere from there in the same time...

1562479569_DCS2018-11-1803-55-22-88.thumb.jpg.3340afca9bb1e96194bfd5644bb7aac2.jpg

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Can anybody tell me when all these goodies (HMD, LMAV) come to stable? I read something about every two weeks there is a stable update but not this week?

What is the difference between a landing, a good landing and a perfect landing?

-After a landing the A/C is back on the ground. After a good landing the pilots walks away. After a perfect one you can reuse the aircraft.

I am good at doing landings.

Can anybody tell me when all these goodies (HMD, LMAV) come to stable? I read something about every two weeks there is a stable update but not this week?

Its the usual schedule with beta and release alternating every week, so beta gets an update every 2 weeks and the next week it will be released to stable. However this time there were some problems mainly with the hornet radar which made them decide not to push it to stable yet (see newsletter)

Its the usual schedule with beta and release alternating every week, so beta gets an update every 2 weeks and the next week it will be released to stable. However this time there were some problems mainly with the hornet radar which made them decide not to push it to stable yet (see newsletter)

Perfect, thanks! I was just too stupid to find the newsletter again. So i guess the full thing comes to stable on the 28th. Sweet!!

What is the difference between a landing, a good landing and a perfect landing?

-After a landing the A/C is back on the ground. After a good landing the pilots walks away. After a perfect one you can reuse the aircraft.

I am good at doing landings.

Formatting changed by me...

"They're actively working on IR mavs and will be released soon."

Ehm... Has an official ED person said they'll be released soon? Are you pulling this info from your posterior? Do you know someone? Have you hacked ED's systems or placed spy equipment in their offices?

Or... Are you just talking out of your posterior?

If so... Stop. This isn't COD and we aren't COD players. We deal in facts here. Or we try :). Please make an effort to try with us :).

So how silly do you feel now?... turns out he was bang on the money. Maybe cut out the calling people COD players to make yourself feel superior.

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"