2dof Motion Reality Chair with DCS - Page 8 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 10:35 PM   #71
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlinjim View Post
Ravens,
I received my 2DOF-V2 shipment and have it completely assembled, seat mounted and ready to start the software installation. The assembly portion went very smoothly and took about 2 days.
I haven't downloaded your export lua file yet but will be doing so as soon as I am finished with the DOF and Simtools software installation and testing.
Please clarify if your export lua is to implement DCS 2.1.1 Open Alpha.
I am confused as to exactly how to use it.
Thanks
Jim
Congrats on the build Jim

Ok so you need to load simtools and follow the steps in the instructions, but i would recommend using the simtools settings i provided, ( at least these will serve as a starting point for you)

once you have done this you need to patch the game as per the instructions, once this is done you can then copy my lua, or edit your own.

I found the lua from a guy called steveh2112 on the xsim forum

HERE IS THE LINK https://www.xsimulator.net/community...im.9181/page-3

look for the post starting with "hi everybody, i've fixed all the jumping and jerking around problems at extreme pitch and roll (for DCS)"

you can use this and copy into your lua file ( thats what i did)

Now getting this to work in all versions of dcs:

all you have to do is copy the lua to each version of dcs. Thats all i had to do.
( no need to repatch or create new game profiles)

IF YOU NEED ANY HELP. IM ALWAYS ON TEAMSPEAK

Razbam Community Manager
i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | CV1
Razbam Website | Facebook Page | Offical Razbam YouTube Channel

=DECOY= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 03:28 PM   #72
lasvideo

Ravens, getting ready to place an order inspired by all your helpful postings. Any thoughts on your system now that you had it a while? Updated Pros / Cons?

I was planning to get the DOF REALITY P2 since I fly 6 hours a day / every day (retired). Is there less issues / slop with the bigger motors. Also love the chair you selected. Thinking of getting something similar...

https://www.amazon.com/ProCar-Scat-8.../dp/B002L1EQOW

Last edited by lasvideo; 11-12-2017 at 07:35 PM.
lasvideo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #73
lasvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlinjim View Post
I ordered the chair as recommended from the 2DOF Motion Simulator manufacturer however any chair with a frame mounting should work.
My chair is a JEGS (Jegs.com) model 555-70200K1 - $129.99 which includes shipping.
They have a less expensive one but I also wanted a cover/pad and a sliding bracket which is also recommended by 2 DOF.
Remember to tell the 2DOF rep that you want it for flight simulation, define your seat bolt pattern dimensions, Joystick, Rudder and Pedals type and whether or not you use VR and which headset. These are the questions they came back to me with.
The Hotas mounts cost approx $50 extra from 2 DOF.
Let me know if this is helpful.
I am about to place my order for DOF Reality P2 system.

How do you like you seat? Is it comfortable on long flights? Did you use the rail sliders to provide DOF Reality with info on where to drill holes in the system? Do you use or need those racing seat belts ? Any other relevant info is appreciated. I want to get things right before I drop all that cash.

Last edited by lasvideo; 11-12-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:41 PM   #74
=DECOY=

Quote:
Originally Posted by lasvideo View Post
Ravens, getting ready to place an order inspired by all your helpful postings. Any thoughts on your system now that you had it a while? Updated Pros / Cons?

I was planning to get the DOF REALITY P2 since I fly 6 hours a day / every day (retired). Is there less issues / slop with the bigger motors. Also love the chair you selected. Thinking of getting something similar...

https://www.amazon.com/ProCar-Scat-8.../dp/B002L1EQOW
Hey. Apologies for the late reply.

Yer I'm still rocking my chair. Nothing has gone wrong and still surprises me every time i use it

The seat on mine is a made a rx7 seat....so comfy. I have the jetseat motors inside the chair (6 motors) which vibrate during flight and weapons release.

It's a great addition

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Razbam Community Manager
i7-7700K oc at 5Ghz | GTX 1080ti | 32GB DDR4 Ram | Warthog & Saitek Peddles | CV1

Old 11-12-2017, 09:42 PM   #75
=DECOY=

Quote:
I am about to place my order for DOF Reality P2 system.

How do you like you seat? Is it comfortable on long flights? Did you use the rail sliders to provide DOF Reality with info on where to drill holes in the system? Any other relevant info is appreciated. I want to get things right before I drop all that cash.
Yer I gave them the hole dimension so they pre drilled them, I highly recommend this as it saves you time

Razbam Community Manager

Old 11-12-2017, 09:52 PM   #76
lasvideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 59th_RAVENS View Post
Hey. Apologies for the late reply.

Yer I'm still rocking my chair. Nothing has gone wrong and still surprises me every time i use it

The seat on mine is a made a rx7 seat....so comfy. I have the jetseat motors inside the chair (6 motors) which vibrate during flight and weapons release.

It's a great addition

Thanks man. Ive been looking here in the US for a comparable chair since the one DOF Reality suggests is just molded plastic. Bound to be hard on the butt after hours of ground pounding in the Hawg. Im holding off placing my order until I can find a relatively light and comfy one. Unfortunately 2 of my Jetseat motors died so I have to return that unit to Andre for repair or exchange.
Old 11-12-2017, 09:55 PM   #77
=DECOY=

Quote:
Thanks man. Ive been looking here in the US for a comparable chair since the one DOF Reality suggests is just molded plastic. Bound to be hard on the butt after hours of ground pounding in the Hawg. Im holding off placing my order until I can find a relatively light and comfy one. Unfortunately 2 of my Jetseat motors died so I have to return that unit to Andre for repair or exchange.
Really. I have been so luck with my motors.

Can't rate them enough

I highly recommend looking at a rx7 seat, a good used one is cheap as.

And the seat is Really light

Razbam Community Manager

Old 11-12-2017, 10:15 PM   #78
lasvideo

Quote:
Really. I have been so luck with my motors.

Can't rate them enough

I highly recommend looking at a rx7 seat, a good used one is cheap as.

And the seat is Really light

Been searching for that seat here in the US. NADA. May have to settle for the one they recommended.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...200K1/10002/-1

Last edited by lasvideo; 11-12-2017 at 10:38 PM.
Old 11-12-2017, 11:42 PM   #79
=DECOY=

Quote:
Been searching for that seat here in the US. NADA. May have to settle for the one they recommended.

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...200K1/10002/-1
In my opinion is not a good seat to use for prolonged use, it doesnt look every comfortable.

check out other sources, like a bucket seat from impreza, or even a seat from 'playseat'

https://www.playseatamerica.com/

Razbam Community Manager

Old 11-12-2017, 11:45 PM   #80
lasvideo

Quote:
In my opinion is not a good seat to use for prolonged use, it doesnt look every comfortable.

check out other sources, like a bucket seat from impreza, or even a seat from 'playseat'

https://www.playseatamerica.com/