DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on, carrier ops are still bugged.

:doh:

I guess it's time to shelve this game until summer. Maybe it then works since it takes months to make it somewhat playable after supercarrier release.

Edited by Blinde

Teams are working on the viper and hornet and we will have feature news soon, however we did not want to introduce new features until 2.5.6 is more stable.

thanks

Stability is not everything. Please return back the performance fps level of 2.5.5. Beta is unplayable. Stable version would be at least the same fps level of previos branch.

and poerformance

And patches that don't trigger the anti virus.

The file G:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World open Beta\bin\World.dll is infected with Gen:Variant.Ursu.768621 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

And patches that don't trigger the anti virus.

Actually I think that the crashes and the AV things are likely related. If the file is quarantined, and the sim needs it, it won't be able to get it and it crashes.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

How about cat 3 & 4? Do they still fire you straight up when you hit the U key?

Boy am I glad I switched from Naval Air to the JF17 recently.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Come on, carrier ops are still bugged.

:doh:

I guess it's time to shelve this game until summer. Maybe it then works since it takes months to make it somewhat playable after supercarrier release.

Don't shelve, but roll back to stable or the last 2.5.5 open beta.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

When you have ED forums open in your second monitor and press refresh every ten minutes.

#JustWednesdayThings

I remember times back in the day when it was possible to auto reload tabs on Firefox. And even IE6 (CrazyBrowser or Maxthon for that matter... dark times, but back then, there were options - nobody knows what that is today!)...

by the way, nice to see an option to keep the music running (got a good portion of the Tomcat OST there) when having tabbed out of DCS twilightsmile.png

What threats? Pikey just wrote what he feels after countless work on Moose that is broken as hell now cos of changes and long lasting/new bugs after 2.5.6. Nobody listen from ED to Moose devs wishes to fix and bug reports.

My dynamic campaign Moose project is pile of rubbish now. I have very same feelings.

I didn't understand what Pikey was talking about in the first place, thought it was the usual performance issues things. But this is very massive. I know ED can't openly support 3rd party things, but I bet they know these things exist and how important they are to the community. I was overwhelmed by just a short glimpse at what Moose can do, simply amazing. Breaking that by changing vital API functions followed by the lack of communication is literally a punch to their faces. I mean, I see something similar with the recent sound folder structure changes. It's still possible to mod though via the SG folder, but just because we still know the file names that have to be replaced from former versions...

So once again, nothing for the hornet.

I get the slight feeling that it might get very hard to meet the "We'll release both F-16 and F/A-18 out of EA" thing... but I guess that's just me rainbowdashwink.png

Heya, after update...266, virus alert again

So Corona has arrived at DCS? That's one nasty ... rdlaugh.png

SCNR icon_redface.gif

Just stop using Kaspersky, Norton and other "useful" pieces of software that just draw money out of your pockets... as a side benefit, you'll have more funds for DCS modules cheerilee.png

And trust me, get out of the habit of playing DCS daily and it is not like riding a bike!

To be fair, what's the actual difference? I tried after like 20 years of not having done it and had to relearn it all over again...

;4234847']There were much bigger priorities for the team than adding new features to the Hornet guys' date=' get with the programme![/quote']

And I hope they dealt with those successfully (no doubt they're working on it). Because they'd never admit having had serious performance issues on the patch notes (sth. like "fixed rendering perfomance issues seen on some user hardware"), and this is by far not the first time we see the framerates down in the drink (just for those who can't remember: The F-14 release update dropped the frames by 50+% for some and it "magically" got fixed over half a year later, completely unmentioned in the fix notes - just as a note for the random "Then don't use OB!" caller). It's always like opening up another Kinder Surprise on DCS Patch Day. You never actually know what you'll get until you see it yourself. And it might take some tries to get the 7th one...

From my limited testing, performance remains suboptimal. Unchanged from the previous OB.

Doesn't make me too optimistic now... well, still waiting for the update to do just that. Enough time for binging the forums, as always dealwithit.png

I'm confident though... and performance issues have been worse in the past. Still having nightmares of 1.2.2. DCS literally wouldn't run for years (except for if you'd call having single digit fps as opposed to 60+ before a patch still running) and I had to wait until 2.5... maybe I'm just too patient pinkiepieexcited.png

I'll just to training flights (you simply can't do enough AAR, carrier landings or whatever) and no grande action if I'm still down below 30 and see if I spot some other issues to report.

Thanks for the update!

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Stability is not everything. Please return back the performance fps level of 2.5.5. Beta is unplayable. Stable version would be at least the same fps level of previos branch.

Then go get on stable. Wait for it...

F/A-18C Hornet, i9 9900K OC 5.0G, 1TB Intel 660 M.2 SSD, Z390 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, GeForce RTX 2080TI, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T-Rudder, Oculus Rift S, Open Wheeler GEN2 Sim Chair w/ Warthog Upgrade.

DCS still broke

Well the update came out and literally everything in the changelog is useless because DCS is still broke in VR (FPS unusable). At least on my end.

I guess its time to roll back DCS, I'm still a little confused on that.

It really stinks because I have been editing and shooting a walkthrough series on campaigns in DCS and now I am stuck. I also am worried because I have invested a HUGE amount of money for DCS. Not just to the developers, but on hardware, software, I mean we are talking the price of a used car here.

I am now concerned DCS will no longer function on the computer I am using.

Again, I am not complaining, I am SERIOUSLY worried about being able to play DCS again.

Words of wisdom?

Fang

I didn't understand what Pikey was talking about in the first place, thought it was the usual performance issues things. But this is very massive. I know ED can't openly support 3rd party things, but I bet they know these things exist and how important they are to the community. I was overwhelmed by just a short glimpse at what Moose can do, simply amazing. Breaking that by changing vital API functions followed by the lack of communication is literally a punch to their faces. I mean, I see something similar with the recent sound folder structure changes. It's still possible to mod though via the SG folder, but just because we still know the file names that have to be replaced from former versions...

Yeah, its pretty disheartening to read this really, because Pikey is totally right about the "community infrastructure" DCS would a much worse place without the various "add-ons" that people have for free poured their hearts and time into, especially online play. And it is the "tip of the pyramid" of high end modders and server owners that really take DCS to that next level. But it would be nice if ED worked a bit better with those guys to make sure disruptions were mininmal, or at least gave em an advance heads up. Just a bit of hopefully constructive feedback.

Well the update came out and literally everything in the changelog is useless because DCS is still broke in VR (FPS unusable). At least on my end.

I guess its time to roll back DCS, I'm still a little confused on that.

It really stinks because I have been editing and shooting a walkthrough series on campaigns in DCS and now I am stuck. I also am worried because I have invested a HUGE amount of money for DCS. Not just to the developers, but on hardware, software, I mean we are talking the price of a used car here.

I am now concerned DCS will no longer function on the computer I am using.

Again, I am not complaining, I am SERIOUSLY worried about being able to play DCS again.

Words of wisdom?

Fang

IDK, it still runs on my system in VR (pre-todays patch). Nowhere near as well as 2.5.5 though, I had to turn a fair number of things down (Steam SS went from 180% to 100% as one example). But I've basically got a top end system.

So updating from 2.5.5 would still be a bad idea? I use a monitor, not VR.

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

• ED Team
or at least gave em an advance heads up.

That is really what Open Beta is supposed to be for, I know now that many use it for their main version its a lot tougher, if I were creating these mods, it might be in my best interest to reach out to the team, and ask about getting more involved, even in testing, for working at making their mod more official.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Specifically, what is being done to fix the VR issue? Communication is key, it has been better but there is a lot of room for improvement. What is specifically, not generally, being worked on for next fortnight? Regular, specific communication alleviates a lot frustration for the community.

Thanks again for the hard work

The Flying Kiwis (TFK)

Ryzen 5600X on water, RX6800, 32GB 3200, m.2 boot, 2TB EVO,  Rift S, Warthog HOTAS + TFRP, flight chair with bass shakers.

AH-64D || A-10IIC || F/A-18C || UH-1 || F-16C || Mig-29 || Spitfire mk.ix || Fw190A8 || Fw190D9 || P-51D || Ka-50 || Mi-8 || Mi-24P || bf109k-4 || P-47 || Mosquito || Combined Arms

Persian Gulf || Normandy || Nevada || Syria

Supercarrier || NS430

• ED Team
So updating from 2.5.5 would still be a bad idea? I use a monitor, not VR.

I have heard this patch is getting good feedback, but feel free to wait and watch for more feedback, I think the Hoggit servers are going to stick with it.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It differs between comunities and use so the happy medium is hard to find, nevertheless there are crossovers. Also polls tend to be slanted towards those that engage with the community and look at DCS every day passionately, so most likely would miss some groups. Having said that in simplistic terms;

• Light users of DCS are intested in the obvious superficial details, visuals, lighting, immersion, completeness, configuration.
  • Multiplayer PvP players in balancing (eg missiles, performance data, equality), performance
  • Server admins in server performance, script availability, tools and bugs
  • Enthusiasts in accuracy, detail of aircraft modules
  • Scripters, content providers and modders in Core bugs, ME bugs, changes.

So, whilst you could, for example, post that the "floating Statics issue" was the most important to all groups, because statics are a decorative, visual used in both quick start, lessons and DLC, affect content creators and scripting alike, I have a different opinion based on a top down impact approach, in that the core of the game content is supplied by a small minority of people writing public missions or holding public servers and that these people actually keep the fan base loyal because they provide things to do after everyone has seemingly learned how to fly offline and consumed the missions and module content.

Some might say this is a very subjective and limited view because every type of DCS user "catagory" (simplistic view) is valuable and the iceberg effect of the vast silent majority of the single player market is the thing mostly sustaining DCS ecomonically. However I disagree with that view!

The DCS model is about getting the community to propel its own testing, marketing and content by providing a sandbox and mission editor, open source code in places, allowing 3rd parties to develop and allowing moddable content and a searchable user file repository for skins, units and missions. The people that matter are those people and the squadrons and events organisers and to a certain extent Social Media contributors and YT/twitch. Everyone of these people rely on making NEW content to keep DCS interesting. And by keeping people playing day after day in Multiplayer on interesting servers doing events, people stay and buy more modules to play with.

And if you are still with me, the top of that community pyramid are the enablers who make content to use, whether it's a Squadron leader, Server admin, YouTube channel, skinner, modder, addon creator or scripter. You ignore these people and wreck their days at your peril! Because if they get fedup with DCS the entire pyramid comes crashing down, people lose interest, servers get worse, communities get fragmented and the self propelling style of DCS comes to a halt in between module releases. And trust me, get out of the habit of playing DCS daily and it is not like riding a bike!

So, put simply, I'd like to see airbase id's solved as a priority; else I'll be taking a break, the MOOSE channel can go to hell and peoples scripting questions can get unanswered, AI CAP can blow up on the floor, Migs can carry on spawning in at McCarran! The server admins can sit there scratching their heads, reducing their available time, ruling out playing on NTTR or using it, because it's so broken, the servers can be taken offline to roll back again, the YT'rs can have nothing to play on, the Blue Flags and the others servers with scripts can roll back again and split the community between 2.5.6 and 2.5.5 and stable (whatever version that is) and finally the players can complain about X server, and the entire thing comes tumbling down and no one watches or cares when the Super Carrier is released because they are playing something else for a break! :) Top down... core first and foremost.

❤️❤️❤️

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

That is really what Open Beta is supposed to be for, I know now that many use it for their main version its a lot tougher, if I were creating these mods, it might be in my best interest to reach out to the team, and ask about getting more involved, even in testing, for working at making their mod more official.

I don't have a perfect answer answer here since "beta" is really "stable" for alot of DCS people. But I think you guys have a small closed beta group right? Maybe reach out to pikey and some of the major server guys and perhaps get them more involved earlier on there if they want? Perhaps not as full on testers, but let em get an advanced peek, and see how badly it might break their stuff?

Edited by Harlikwin

I5 8600k@ 4.9Ghz and 1080ti. With Reverb I have 30fps in simple mission (free flight) with most things on low, and ugly stutters. VR is still UNPLAYABLE... paid a lot for all the modules and still cant play. Please ED make something because it is not acceptable.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Well I had it with DCS being broke.

Can I get info on reverting back 2 updates?

Go into command line, navigate to DCS World\Bin and type DCS_Updater.exe update 2.5.5.41962

Do not expect fairness.

The times of chivalry and fair competition are long gone.

I5 8600k@ 4.9Ghz and 1080ti. With Reverb I have 30fps in simple mission (free flight) with most things on low, and ugly stutters. VR is still UNPLAYABLE... paid a lot for all the modules and still cant play. Please ED make something because it is not acceptable.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G960F przy użyciu Tapatalka

What are your steam SS settings? I'd crank them down to 100% if they aren't there. Turn of MSAA. Turn off mirrors. I'm getting 45fps with my setup again after turning a bunch of stuff down/off. Its not great, but hopefully they can re-optimize again.

Edited by Harlikwin