[NO BUG] Sitting too low

Reflected

• 1 year later...

Yes, the default head position is too low, this can't be realistic as the pilot wouldn't even be able to see through the sight. Half the reticle is obscured by the nose so leading a target with the ring is impossible. All the other WWII planes have a clear view of the whole ring.

Screen_181018_225644.thumb.jpg.1025dd61537922aeb36ed00d77ee1c3c.jpg

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

....another option... Why cant the developers create it so that the settings are LEFT ALONE after we get out of our aircraft ???? I have to raise my seat, move it forward a bit, adjust my rudder trim, open all the button covers, etc., etc., etc. Can't there be a simple way to just leave ALL settings the way they were in the previous flight??? ChuckIV

"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." Winston Churchill

SYSTEM:

Processor - Intel® Core i9-9900KF CPU @ 3.60GHz 3600MHz water-cooled

Installed memory (RAM) - 32.0 GB

64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Windows 10 & DCS on SSD

Video Card - water-cooled NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti

Internet: Cable 200Mbps 12Mbps

You can save the position. I don't recall the key-combo, but look in control settings in the 'view' group IIRC.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, once you save your position in the cockpit for that aircraft, it remains the same, even after quitting DCS and starting again.

Check the group 'View Cockpit' in your controls. Moving the camera position --where your head is-- all use <RCtrl><RShift><some number-pad-key> to change the position, and <RAlt><NUM0> to save the position.

You can also use <RCtrl><RShift><some number-pad-key> to temporarily change the position, and then press <NUM5> to return to you saved position.

Easy-Peasy ;)

EDIT: the switch and dial settings have default settings for Air-, Hot-, and Cold-start. It would make little sense for them to carry over from one mission to the next.

Edited by Captain Orso

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Yes, once you save your position in the cockpit for that aircraft, it remains the same, even after quitting DCS and starting again.

Check the group 'View Cockpit' in your controls. Moving the camera position --where your head is-- all use <RCtrl><RShift><some number-pad-key> to change the position, and <RAlt><NUM0> to save the position.

You can also use <RCtrl><RShift><some number-pad-key> to temporarily change the position, and then press <NUM5> to return to you saved position.

Easy-Peasy ;)

EDIT: the switch and dial settings have default settings for Air-, Hot-, and Cold-start. It would make little sense for them to carry over from one mission to the next.

my camera cockpit setting are not staying saved? I save them but when I restart a missions I'm back to sitting low in the cockpit, P51. The spitfire is good.

I'm in VR.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 3 months later...
Set your desired position and press ralt + num0

This isn’t working. The cockpit view always returns to the screwed up low head position when I restart a mission

This is INFURIATING! Why can’t ED just make the default head position correct instead of making every player jump through all these stupid commands! :mad:

Yes this IS a BUG! Please fix it! Why are we simulating a pilot too short to see over the nose of their own plane!

Edited by SharpeXB

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

This isn’t working. The cockpit view always returns to the screwed up low head position when I restart a mission

This is INFURIATING! Why can’t ED just make the default head position correct instead of making every player jump through all these stupid commands! :mad:

Yes this IS a BUG! Please fix it! Why are we simulating a pilot too short to see over the nose of their own plane!

Yes the save doesn’t work.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

ED please reopen this as a bug report. No other module afaik has the pilots head position wrong like this. Players shouldn’t be forced to deal with the bewildering number of key commands every time they use this plane!

• 2 months later...

It's very simple to bind camera up/down to a two position switch and simply orient on entering the cockpit. With Track IR the view point is almost constantly changing, so simply F 12 for it and thumb your bound switch up or down to get the reticle right. It then stays there all flight until you raise it again for landing view.

I just bind the cockpit camera up/down/forward/back to Lever+mic switch on my HOTAS.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The displacement of the position of the head is here a few threads, maybe he just wanted to know why is the elevation angle of the gun in the nose instead of above it?

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.