Battery not simulated

Schmirco

In the end it's just different developers having different modeling standards. Some simulate the bare minimum and some go into ridiculous almost worrying detail.

I wish people would stop insulting developers - especially when they have no idea of how the module was made, what was available, what limitations are imposed, how much coding it involves - how big the team is - whatever.

Unhappy? Do a better job or fly something else. Maybe you should have done more research before you bought it? Could have asked and someone was bound to check and tell you.

And of course all these people who complain are also perfect at their own jobs (if they have one). Enough - either ask in a polite way if there is any chance this can be modelled, which is highly unlikely at this stage, but you never know - or just put up with it or fly something else.

Thread unsubbed.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

+1

Time to close this growing mountain of sh**. The question was answered on page 1.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I wish people would stop insulting developers - especially when they have no idea of how the module was made, what was available, what limitations are imposed, how much coding it involves - how big the team is - whatever.

Not sure why you quoted me but I agree(english second language?), some seem to jump straight to insults which is never acceptable and not conducive to any progress.

A simple question, isn't the battery simulated?

I am switching on the battery, waiting 10min and nothing happens, no electrical power loss, no movements on voltmeter, nothing.

Not simulated, bug or my fault?:D

Not a bug, a feature.... oh, that was a different software.

Some people seem to be thin-skinned... Why is there a need to point to other modules for a simple question.

Maybe this helps to cool down.

General emergency procedures:

attachment.php?attachmentid=191981&stc=1&d=1534177388

And IFR equipped version:

attachment.php?attachmentid=191982&stc=1&d=1534177403

So for the duration of a flight, the battery should have enough juice.

But I don't think it would be rocket science to implement battery life. As there is comparison to other modules: There are modules, that have battery life simulated. For me, that's just another part of the whole picture about the Gazelle.

Fox

p.s. Schmirco thx, this threat made me look at the Gazelle's flightmanual more closely.

C608C34D-2087-4902-AF85-6358A7546D3B.thumb.jpeg.074327e6bf7009eeb1c1a3c4cd6f56ce.jpeg

993BEFB6-A6BB-43DD-88EC-7D6845D0487C.thumb.jpeg.edc2e79f07b900ba1699bc52883f2771.jpeg

Spoiler

PC Specs: Ryzen 9 5900X, 3080ti, 64GB RAM, Oculus Quest 3

Unhappy? Do a better job or fly something else. Maybe you should have done more research before you bought it? Could have asked and someone was bound to check and tell you.

And of course all these people who complain are also perfect at their own jobs (if they have one). Enough - either ask in a polite way if there is any chance this can be modelled, which is highly unlikely at this stage, but you never know - or just put up with it or fly something else.

Thread unsubbed.

+1

Time to close this growing mountain of sh**. The question was answered on page 1.

The average ED yeller is able to create a 6 pages thread questioning how the **** it's possible that battery voltage wasn't implemented on a module. What would you expect after this. People are trolling and when someone tells them, they are the troll. Simply leave the thread and cease reading it, there is no hope left here.

The average ED yeller is able to create a 6 pages thread questioning how the **** it's possible that battery voltage wasn't implemented on a module. What would you expect after this. People are trolling and when someone tells them, they are the troll. Simply leave the thread and cease reading it, there is no hope left here.

dimitriov, just stop talking bullshit and telling lies.

On the first page there was no definitive answer to the OP's question. Then you and others tried to make fun of his question and started to troll the thread with your incoherent talking about door hinges. Trying to ridicule the topic by ignoring the fact that this kind of systems modelling is actually is not uncommon with other modules didn't help to keep the thread objective.

Just stop playing the victim here and stop insulting people as "ED yellers" when they are simply asking not unreasonable questions.

tl;dr: don't be an asshole, dimitriov!

I guess next time a dev should have just said:

"Battery is not modelled because according to Gazelle manual both batteries have enough juice to complete a night flight even if the generator fails in flight, and we considered that it wasn't needed to model battery consumption"

We could have spared 6 pages of nonsense.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@all, please stop fighting eachother. It makes it hard to followup on discussions. For me 5 out og 6 pages are useless to follow. As far I know a battery decay is not implemented cause as already shown, IRL the batteries are designed to operate without generator multiple times longer then a complete tank of fuel. But if the answer is needed badly I can ask Patrick if there is such decay existing in the Gazelle or not.

@all, please stop fighting eachother. It makes it hard to followup on discussions. For me 5 out og 6 pages are useless to follow. As far I know a battery decay is not implemented cause as already shown, IRL the batteries are designed to operate without generator multiple times longer then a complete tank of fuel. But if the answer is needed badly I can ask Patrick if there is such decay existing in the Gazelle or not.

Thanks for reply.

Got my answer, no need for more discussions, thx.

not implemented cause as already shown, IRL the batteries are designed to operate without generator multiple times longer then a complete tank of fuel
OK, thanks for your answer. And If so, I can understand why you didn't model it. Case closed then and us whiners can crawl back into the woodwork again? ;)

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.