Bugs and problems

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi All,

Any news about the mission 12? I am stock in it and can not finish it as the special forces Anvil does not act when the command f10 is given...., I have tried every possible way but unsuccessfully..., , the command for the helicopter to land does work but it is not use..., thank you

Hi All,

Any news about the mission 12? I am stock in it and can not finish it as the special forces Anvil does not act when the command f10 is given...., I have tried every possible way but unsuccessfully..., , the command for the helicopter to land does work but it is not use..., thank you

Hi Bergamo,

Did you try the solution they gave me 2 pages earlier? It worked for me.

The basic idea is to revert to a previous version of the game. They way to do this is open a command prompt window as described here. And then type the command:

DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.3.52724@release

and press enter. Now the AI in the mission should work fine.

My rig:

My YouTube Channel: https://goo.gl/mWdlQk

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

Thank you for replying...,

I red it but I do not think I do have the skills to make those changes..., you guys are young and pc geniuses..., I am quite hold generation and still learning...., is there anyone in charge for this fixing?

Edited by Bergamo

Dear Balitc_dragon,

I got to write posts finally..., just could you please address me to someone who can fix this bug in mission 12? I red a post about to fix it by changing the version of the update.., but sincerely I do not have the skills for it..., I hope for you guys to fix it for me....., can't wait to go back and play the campaign..., please help thx

I red it but I do not think I do have the skills to make those changes..., you guys are young and pc geniuses..., I am quite hold generation and still learning...., is there anyone in charge for this fixing?

Only other option is to wait for the next DCS update, but it is unknown for sure when that will be, possibly friday.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

OK, do you have windows 7 and do you know how to use the explorer window where you see all the files and folders? Go to the folder where you installed DCS World and open it up. In the DCS World folder there will be a folder called "bin". Left click on this folder to select it and then hold the SHIFT key while you press the right mouse button on the folder "bin" and in the popup menu choose "open command window here". Now select the entire line on this page here by left clicking it 3 times fast:

DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.3.52724@release

so that the entire line here above looks blue highlighted. Then right mouse click on the blue highlighted line and select "copy".

Now in the command window you opened up earlier (the one with the black background) also right mouse click on it and select "paste". The last part of it should look like:

\DCS World\bin>DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.3.52724@release

Now press enter/return on your keyboard.

You will see an install window with a progress bar indicating that the game is installing files and reverting to a previous update.

My rig:

PC Specs: Intel i7-3770k 3.5GHz | GeForce RTX 2060Super 8GB | Iiyama Black Hawk G-Master 75Hz dual monitors |16 GB RAM | ASUS Z77 Sabertooth mobo | Saitek PRO Combat Rudder Pedals | TM HOTAS Cougar | TrackIR5 | Win10x64

ok I did click bin file with left and while pressing shift choose the option open command window here..., till now it is fine..., but when I click with left mousse 3 times fast it does not select the line and if I press the right it does give me option to select all which I do but tit looks white and no blue.., then right mousse click and it does deselect it...., what am I doing wrong?

also the line in command is:

D:\DCS world\DCS world1.5\DCS world\bin>

looks different from yours..

I actually copy paste the link you wrote and it did it as well..., so now it wrote that the version installed is the one you wrote in the link..., will try and see.., hope did not make a mess.., cross my fingers.., I guess I should tank you..lol...

Mission 19 (Masada): I have the impression the AI gets stuck after the spec ops vehicles (Callsign "Deer") arrived at Bahravi's compound. I do not get anymore radio messages and since nothing else happens I landed and there was no debriefing window.

I flew the mission 3 times even though it seems a success and I can advance but I wanted to refly the mission by loading the mission in the mission editor. Once with latest game version, once with DCS_updater.exe update 1.5.3.52724@release and once with an even older stable release.

On one occasion I even had an engine fire shortly after touchdown??:book:

My rig:

• 2 weeks later...

So, just completed mission 19 - Massada after update to 1.5.4 and I can confirm it's now working properly :)

I was so happy about it that I immediately jump into mission 20 - The last tank

Was powering up my A10 while I notice that one of the F16 I on the left start to roll on the taxiway, but immédiately get blocked blocking everyone.. :( :(

This sounds like a problem that has plagued 1.5 for quite some time before being fixed with 1.5.2 or 1.5.3. I'll see if I can replicate as well.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I just replicated. I'll create a new thread in the bugs subforum. Let's hope for the best. God this is becoming tiring. Here's the thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2835412#post2835412

EDIT: Fixed for Mission 20. Open the mission in the editor, and move the lead F-16 (Colt flight) from parking spot 10 to parking spot 12.

Edited by Gliptal

Probably another bug from ED, the JTACs are completely beyond control of the mission builders.

Same problem at op hammerfall mission 4, jtac not responding "Ready for further remarks" radio call.

:(

just a heads up:

On hammerfall mission 4, when Anvil reports that they took the CLA base, right on the beggining of the message, the audio is "Ford, this is Anvil..." and the written message is "Dodge, this is Anvil...". Minor mistake :thumbup:

Edited by Ewertsp

Is anybody else having trouble reverting their install? I've been trying to revert back to 1.5.3.52724 but I get an Error: Version 1.5.3.52724 is not available.

I was able to revert to 1.5.3.53279 with the command "DCS_Updater update 1.5.3@release"

but I can't get it to reinstall 1.5.3.52724.

Is there any way to fix this. I know this campaign works on 1.5.3.52724 and if I ever get that one back, I'll probably never update this game again.