TFC/ED Newsletter - Page 7 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 05:34 PM   #61
Rusty_M

Reputation power: 48
Rusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to beholdRusty_M is a splendid one to behold

I never expected this thread to make me hungry. I'm so suggestible when it comes to food.
Rusty_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #62
sylkhan

Reputation power: 14
sylkhan is just really nicesylkhan is just really nicesylkhan is just really nicesylkhan is just really nicesylkhan is just really nicesylkhan is just really nicesylkhan is just really nicesylkhan is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
You know, that doesn't have to be a good idea as if everyone would buy the module they don't want or like, just to support the developer to create what they actually want sometimes in "near" future, it might as well give impression to developer that those modules are popular (which would be incorrect) and might very likely continue to create same/similar in future... which will leave everyone in cold as they will then keep getting what they don't want or like... so be very carefull what you wish for there and if your "investment" will have wanted returns
+1
sylkhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #63
miguelaco

Reputation power: 10
miguelaco is a jewel in the roughmiguelaco is a jewel in the roughmiguelaco is a jewel in the roughmiguelaco is a jewel in the roughmiguelaco is a jewel in the roughmiguelaco is a jewel in the roughmiguelaco is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcer3r View Post
For now its not important to know if it will be F-18C or F-18E. Also Mustang, Nevada, FC3 or CA releases are not so important.

For now this is most important:

IMO new features and modules are useless if the DCS platfrom is unstable as it is on 1.1.1.1.
But maybe the next 2 patches (open beta ) will be better then all 11 before.
+1

Eagerly awaiting the next beta patch...
miguelaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:20 PM   #64
Booger

Reputation power: 13
Booger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Most important in this announcement for me personally, along with the decision to hold open beta in the future is the vision of the original "core"/modular system we were promised with the release of DCS: BS.
That was actually something else I was going to bring up but chose not to since I didn't have actual quotes handy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this.
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #65
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 174
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
I guess ED hasn't cottoned on yet, everyone else in the community knows what it is. Perhaps this is why it's taking so long. Someone should pm WAGs and let him know what aircraft they're looking at.
Where's the official post????
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
It's not the Devs that destroy games it's the communities that control it.
Please send all hate mail to No11
Version 1 of my Harrier liveries are up and a load of other fantastic ones.
joey45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:26 PM   #66
Booger

Reputation power: 13
Booger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really niceBooger is just really nice

He was being facetious.
Booger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:07 PM   #67
Cedaway
ED Translator

Reputation power: 23
Cedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of lightCedaway is a glorious beacon of light

... The next DCS Jet
This DCS jet aircraft is still in its early stages and a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself....

I'm confused and a bit disappointed. I understand that you don't want to communicate over it. If you don't even know what aircraft to model... ;-)
Ok, wait and see. For the rest, I'll continue to enjoy DCS A10c and wait for the upcoming Nevada-EGDE and then the next 'modern US fixed wing'.

Edit: The core-based system is a great plus. Thanks

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: Acer h257hu 25'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Last edited by Cedaway; 04-10-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Cedaway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 PM   #68
Daze

Reputation power: 14
Daze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really niceDaze is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Daze

Perhaps Seven-G F-18 could be somehow put into the DCS engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTFDarkEagle View Post

Moving to Core-Based System
Not only will this allow previous and future DCS aircraft to be fully integrated, but it will also allow 3rd party content to be easily integrated into the DCS series.
Daze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:24 PM   #69
Nate--IRL--
Veteran

Reputation power: 183
Nate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud ofNate--IRL-- has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booger View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
Most important in this announcement for me personally, along with the decision to hold open beta in the future is the vision of the original "core"/modular system we were promised with the release of DCS: BS.
That was actually something else I was going to bring up but chose not to since I didn't have actual quotes handy.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers this.
Nothing is ever "Promised". Aspirations for a product are stated. No Promises have ever given by ED.

Nate
Old 04-10-2012, 12:56 PM   #70
leafer
Veteran

Reputation power: 74
leafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to beholdleafer is a splendid one to behold

This news generated only 7 pages? C'mon, ED, me think u should rethink your PR policy and bring out the big gun.