TFC/ED Newsletter - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 02:07 PM   #51
sobek
Veteran

Reputation power: 186
sobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisBelle View Post
we all should be patient and awaiting the days once the core based and modular system has been realized, once the engine has reached it´s final level. We will have a blast of simulation then.
I'm not sure you understand the concept correctly. Why would there ever be a "final level" of the engine? Me, i'd like to see it updated continuously.

As on the rest of your post, i agree. I think what many people tend to forget is that a fast fighter requires a lot of groundwork to be laid out that simply is not there yet. There's the whole radar stuff, then there's the new missile flight models that need to be developed, etc. So there is a lot of stuff that needs to be done "under the hood" before a fast fighter jet is possible. Maybe the current line of announced work is EDs way to be able to cram all that out for the next big module and at the same time not make this fiscal year a total disaster.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:09 PM   #52
Kuky
Veteran

Reputation power: 278
Kuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant futureKuky has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisBelle View Post
I will purchase all upcoming products, whether I like them or not. Just to make sure that ED will still keep develope those things even when I am an old and grey man.
You know, that doesn't have to be a good idea as if everyone would buy the module they don't want or like, just to support the developer to create what they actually want sometimes in "near" future, it might as well give impression to developer that those modules are popular (which would be incorrect) and might very likely continue to create same/similar in future... which will leave everyone in cold as they will then keep getting what they don't want or like... so be very carefull what you wish for there and if your "investment" will have wanted returns
Old 04-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #53
Madman777

Reputation power: 15
Madman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really niceMadman777 is just really nice

I'm not sure there will be another DCS Jet after this update, that said, I'm fine with the DCS A-10C for another couple of years.

Combat-Helo has just moved up to #1 in my list of sims to look forward to. It may not be a fast jet, but at least we know what it is, and have an idea of what is included with it.
Intel i5-3350P @ 3.5Ghz, Asus P8P67 Pro, 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1866Mhz, Asus GTX 680 2GB Tops, WD 2TB & WD 3GB Storage, 60GB & 128GB OCZ SSD, TrackIR 4 w/TrackClip Pro, Saitek X52 Pro, 24" LED Monitor
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/Dvdlpt?feature=mhum
Madman777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:14 PM   #54
sorcer3r

Reputation power: 14
sorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nice

For now its not important to know if it will be F-18C or F-18E. Also Mustang, Nevada, FC3 or CA releases are not so important.

For now this is most important:

Quote:
Open Beta Testing for Patches Coming
To better promote community involvement and have a much larger testing base, future DCS product patches will be available in beta version prior to final release. We hope this move will allow all customer voices to be heard prior to releasing a new patch and flush out any missed problems during internal testing. The next two patches will be for A-10C and Black Shark 2.
IMO new features and modules are useless if the DCS platfrom is unstable as it is on 1.1.1.1.
But maybe the next 2 patches (open beta ) will be better then all 11 before.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:43 PM   #55
Boomer

Reputation power: 9
Boomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the roughBoomer is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to Boomer

Most important in this announcement for me personally, along with the decision to hold open beta in the future is the vision of the original "core"/modular system we were promised with the release of DCS: BS. If this is true we will no longer be seeing things like BS2, constant updating of modules to bring them up to speed with the rest and broken (multiplayer) compatibilities. We should probably see regular/periodic DCS: Core* updates that will be used by all available modules.

In that state, the whole DCS project will become A LOT easier to maintain, patch and it won't be necessary to reintroduce new features to every single module.

*DCS: Core is my vision of main project, which will include all available modules in one single setup.
Old 04-09-2012, 02:52 PM   #56
GGTharos
Veteran

Reputation power: 305
GGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant futureGGTharos has a brilliant future

At the same time there's a huge pool of people who may like a particular module even though others do not. That happens a lot. Some modules may be plain un-popular, others might be popular with only part of a crowd, etc. A WW2 warbird is unlikely to be unpopular over all, but who knows.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
You know, that doesn't have to be a good idea as if everyone would buy the module they don't want or like, just to support the developer to create what they actually want sometimes in "near" future, it might as well give impression to developer that those modules are popular (which would be incorrect) and might very likely continue to create same/similar in future... which will leave everyone in cold as they will then keep getting what they don't want or like... so be very carefull what you wish for there and if your "investment" will have wanted returns

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump
I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda
GGTharos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #57
Frostie
Veteran

Reputation power: 101
Frostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to beholdFrostie is a splendid one to behold

The next DCS Jet
This DCS jet aircraft is still in its early stages and a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself. As such, we will not be announcing what aircraft this is until it is much further along.

I guess ED hasn't cottoned on yet, everyone else in the community knows what it is. Perhaps this is why it's taking so long. Someone should pm WAGs and let him know what aircraft they're looking at.

If it really is up in the air then a great philosophy is 'if you can't come up with an answer on what your doing then play safe and, GO FLANKER!!!!'
I like to have my cake and eat it.
"FROSTIE" #55
Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10
www.51st.org
Frostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:12 PM   #58
159th_Viper
Veteran

Reputation power: 467
159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to 159th_Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostie View Post
I like to have my cake and eat it.
That would be TM-Toad!!!

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....
One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'
159th_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:16 PM   #59
sobek
Veteran

Reputation power: 186
sobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud ofsobek has much to be proud of

As always, the cake is a lie.
sobek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:33 PM   #60
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Reputation power: 153
MTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobek View Post
As always, the cake is a lie.
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/