TFC/ED Newsletter - Page 5 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #41
159th_Viper
Veteran

Reputation power: 468
159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to 159th_Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milene View Post
I thought the production of the new fixed wing was parralel to the P51 guess we were wrongly informed....
Incorrect.

A question for you: Does the making of a Hot-Dog take the same time as a Chocolate Cake?

Answer:

No, of course not.

I can make them both at the same time. I will however be finished with the Hot-Dog looooong before I finish the Chocolate Cake.

Same principle finds applicability in this instance.

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....
One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'
'We came from the Sea..........And Tremble our Foes like a Storm on the Lee'
159th_Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:34 PM   #42
sorcer3r

Reputation power: 14
sorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nice

If I want to buy a Hot-Dog, I do not go to a bakery. :p
Old 04-09-2012, 12:38 PM   #43
falcon_120

Reputation power: 16
falcon_120 is a jewel in the roughfalcon_120 is a jewel in the roughfalcon_120 is a jewel in the roughfalcon_120 is a jewel in the roughfalcon_120 is a jewel in the roughfalcon_120 is a jewel in the roughfalcon_120 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcer3r View Post
Maybe you would,if the bakery is the only place in town making hot dogs
falcon_120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #44
159th_Viper
Veteran

159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute159th_Viper has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcer3r View Post
Quite so. But then again, I know that you know exactly what I meant by the illustration.

A helluva lot more goes into a modern aircraft than a WWII aircraft. As a consequence it is obvious (or should be) that, whilst development has been and is continuing in parallel, the one will always take longer than the other insofar as the developmental cycle is concerned

Last edited by 159th_Viper; 04-09-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #45
Pilotasso
Veteran

Reputation power: 150
Pilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud ofPilotasso has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159th_Viper View Post
Incorrect.

A question for you: Does the making of a Hot-Dog take the same time as a Chocolate Cake?

Answer:

No, of course not.

I can make them both at the same time. I will however be finished with the Hot-Dog looooong before I finish the Chocolate Cake.

Same principle finds applicability in this instance.
I like your analogy
Case: Corsair 400C
PSU: SEASONIC 760W Platinum
CPU: AMD RYZEN 1700X
MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4
Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO
RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB
Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red
GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals
Monitor: ASUS PB278Q IPS 27" LED 1440P
Pilotasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:50 PM   #46
sorcer3r

Reputation power: 14
sorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon_120 View Post
Maybe you would,if the bakery is the only place in town making hot dogs
Hm afaik there are already some hot dog producers. But i am not the fan of this hot dog era stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159th_Viper
But then again, I know that you know exactly what I meant by the illustration
yes maybe (what does not mean I am convinced of your illustration(s) )
Old 04-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #47
159th_Viper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotasso View Post
I like your analogy
Aye - cannot go wrong with the two main food-groups

Old 04-09-2012, 01:53 PM   #48
Rikus

Reputation power: 17
Rikus is just really niceRikus is just really niceRikus is just really niceRikus is just really niceRikus is just really niceRikus is just really niceRikus is just really niceRikus is just really niceRikus is just really nice

This time, i wont pay for FC3 as i pay from FC1 to FC2 to move planes into DCS World.

Same movement no more.

------------

Hot dogs? there are other partys with Hot Dogs and very good (A2A, IL2, COD) why making hot dogs when 99% wants cakes!!! cakes are top sell for sure!!

Anyway, DCS Jet for 2.014 minimum, wait in a chair guys...

Early stages after years, LOL...

Greetinsg
Rikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:19 PM   #49
PeterP
Veteran

Reputation power: 98
PeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to beholdPeterP is a splendid one to behold

Thanks to Cindy Howard! She found the ultimate answer for "our problem".

Quote:
FamilyFun reader Cindy Howard of Enterprise, Alabama, was inspired to cook up this creative cake after seeing a similar one in a women's magazine. She served it to her kids with gumdrop relish and fries on the side.

Here is the receipt:

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/hot-...s-cake-686093/

PeterP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #50
MemphisBelle

Reputation power: 30
MemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of lightMemphisBelle is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikus View Post
This time, i wont pay for FC3 as i pay from FC1 to FC2 to move planes into DCS World.

Same movement no more.

------------

Hot dogs? there are other partys with Hot Dogs and very good (A2A, IL2, COD) why making hot dogs when 99% wants cakes!!! cakes are top sell for sure!!

Anyway, DCS Jet for 2.014 minimum, wait in a chair guys...

Early stages after years, LOL...

Greetinsg
it´s a bit disappointing and annoying. But honestly. ED needs to find it´s way in the whole development process.

We do not have to forget where DCS actually comes from. DCS has never been planed as a certain product. DCS is a result of the ongoing development process of the former and never released FC 1.2 KA-50 Black Shark Addon. From that point, ED had ideas what to do to improve the game and expirience in whole.

Personally I am one of an impatient person and would like to have the next DCS Jet, FC3, CA and what not rather tomorrow than in 2 years. But it is time what we need to let passing by, ED needs to find it´s way to take their products in a certain order. At the time they do what they think they have to do.

we all should be patient and awaiting the days once the core based and modular system has been realized, once the engine has reached it´s final level. We will have a blast of simulation then.
Our problem is that we´re too close...way to close to the dev team...we´re sitting here in the forums and try to get every piece of information they spread out...unfortunately its less than we would like to have...but that is pretty normal in Software developing....things needs time...

I will purchase all upcoming products, whether I like them or not. Just to make sure that ED will still keep develope those things even when I am an old and grey man.

Thats the best we can do. let them work and be happy with the things you have...
believe me, it´s hard for me to say this and more harder to do so, but it´s really the best we can do.

common questions? Read the ED Wiki
unanswered Support ticket? --> solution
Are you looking for specific information to certain Modules? --> check the DCS World Root page on the ED Wiki
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote