TFC/ED Newsletter - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #11
thamuff

Reputation power: 25
thamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of lightthamuff is a glorious beacon of light

Disappointed the fast jet isn't a bit further along, but the relief that DCS is moving to a single EXE outweighs that. Thanks for the update
Old 04-08-2012, 09:27 PM   #12
Boberro
Veteran

Reputation power: 239
Boberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant futureBoberro has a brilliant future

Good to hear about core system. Really nice move!
I liked to hear about Combinedarms and FC3. Keep goin'

Boberro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:41 PM   #13
_Heater_

Reputation power: 30
_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all_Heater_ is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to _Heater_

Good stuff

Simulatori: DCS A-10C Warthog - DCS F/A-18C Hornet - VRS F/A-18E - Falcon BMS
HOTAS: TM Warthog -
I see a rainbow rising, look there, on the horizon...
Tally: I see the degenerate commie who wants to ruin our day.
_Heater_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:57 PM   #14
MTFDarkEagle
Veteran

Reputation power: 153
MTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud ofMTFDarkEagle has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBivol-1 View Post
But my images work. :p

Works fine to me

Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 PM   #15
Cowboy10uk

Cowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to allCowboy10uk is a name known to all

Great news guys, Thanks for taking time to provide us with a news letter, looking forward to All the new toys coming out.

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Intel I5 3570K, 24GB DDR3 1600MHZ Ram, 3.5TB Hard Disk, Nvidia GTX 980TI Hybrid black edition, 55" 4K TV, 1 x Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus touch, TM Warthog Hotas, Komodo UH1 Collective, Saitek Pedals, Gametrix 908 Jetseat And a bloody awful Pilot
Cowboy10uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:09 PM   #16
Pikey

Pikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of lightPikey is a glorious beacon of light

"a lot can still change, even the aircraft itself"

Found myself dwelling on that a bit [too much]. Although happy times ahead and a very diverse lineup on the cards.
Pikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:19 PM   #17
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 170
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
so there's still hope for the Jag yet then....
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
RAF Viggens liveries in testing phase.
joey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #18
joey45
Veteran

Reputation power: 170
joey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud ofjoey45 has much to be proud of

They don't even know what it will be...

Don't you fly/play anyother games???
The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.
"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."
RAF Viggens liveries in testing phase.
joey45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 10:33 PM   #19
sorcer3r

Reputation power: 14
sorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nicesorcer3r is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey45 View Post
so there's still hope for the Jag yet then....
Sounds more like: either F18C or F18E

(Or mabe they have just modeled a A2G-Radar?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by =4c= Hajduk Veljko View Post
I am disappointed that we don't even know what the next jet we will get. This might be a good time to park my virtual aircraft, unplug my X-52 pro and TiR5 and go out to fly my RC airplanes.
Huh? F4lc*n BM$ ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilBivol-1
To better promote community involvement and have a much larger testing base, future DCS product patches will be available in beta version prior to final release.
*some hope returning*
Old 04-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #20
ALDEGA

Reputation power: 28
ALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of lightALDEGA is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty_M View Post
The core based system could hopefully free up some HDD space couldn't it? I'm not sure if I understand correctly.
Definitely. Most of the resource files (textures, terrain, etc.) used by DCS-BS and DCS-WH are exactly the same. Since the same resource files would be used (in a modular system) this could speed up loading times after switching from one flyable to another since the OS could use its RAM cache, instead of loading directly from HDD/SSD.
ALDEGA is offline   Reply With Quote