Beacon Map

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1171 mhz is UHF and VORs are VHF. I just checked a real world map and it's actually 117.1 mhz :)

You are absolutly right, JohnnyQ. I´ll fix this in the next update.

Lino, one more question if you dont mind: I dont understand why there are specific frequencies for some planes like the Sabre or Dora and its relation to the 3 ferquencies I've always seen in each airport in the mission editor.

The first frequency shown in the ME refers to the standard ATC communication-frequencies of modern aircraft, like the A-10C. The second one is for the WW2-fighters and the third refers to the corean-era-fighters.

As said before, in many planes these frequencies are preset in channels, which can be manually customized BEFORE flight in the ME.

In the next revision of the Beacon Map I´ll implement both the standard ATC frequencies and the relevant channel.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

The first frequency shown in the ME refers to the standard ATC communication-frequencies of modern aircraft, like the A-10C. The second one is for the WW2-fighters and the third refers to the corean-era-fighters.

As said before, in many planes these frequencies are preset in channels, which can be manually customized BEFORE flight in the ME.

In the next revision of the Beacon Map I´ll implement both the standard ATC frequencies and the relevant channel.

Sounds good! Thanks.

Any ideas about the UHF homing signal? :(

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

IIRC, the freq in the beacon.lua shows 1171. I will double check it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

UHF homing with the AN/ARC-51BX radio in the huey is not functional yet. You have to use the AN/ARN-83 radio for this task.

[ATTACH]113178[/ATTACH]

Do you have any idea if Belsimtek has plans to fix it?

About the Vody VOR, it's true that the LUA file says 1171 so it's never going to work given that VOR are VHF and max freq is 136 or something like that, definetly not 1171 lol.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

Awesome! Thanks Lino, excelent work!

The combination of NDB and marker should also say Khz instead of Mhz :))))))))))))))) just to avoid confusion to those are not so familiar with radio navigation.

Hope this helps!

Edited by JohnnyQ

Absolutely Lino! Thank you for this great job.

Great map, Lino! Gut gemacht!

Two feedback comments:

1) Would it be possible to add the FC3 airfield numbers to your already wonderful map?

2) Your categorization of the radio frequencies is helpful, but it would be more correct to label them as:

- "ATC Modern Aircraft" is "VHF AM"

- "ATC 2nd/3rd Generation Fighter" is "UHF"

- "ATC WWII Aircraft" is "VHF FM"

Pilots in any aircraft with a tunable radio would know which frequency to use based on the input range of their radio.

Looking forward to seeing a Nevada version of your map!

Shoot to Kill.

Play to Have Fun.

Hi Einstein. Very nice to see that so much more is possible with this map. Thanks for your improvement suggestions.

1) Would it be possible to add the FC3 airfield numbers to your already wonderful map?

That is very little effort and nevertheless very helpful. Consider it done.

2) Your categorization of the radio frequencies is helpful, but it would be more correct to label them as:

Pilots in any aircraft with a tunable radio would know which frequency to use based on the input range of their radio.

I will think about it.

Looking forward to seeing a Nevada version of your map!

I'd much rather start this task today than tomorrow, believe me dude.

Edited by Lino_Germany

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

"Originally Posted by EinsteinEP View Post

Pilots in any aircraft with a tunable radio would know which frequency to use based on the input range of their radio."

I think this is a great idea that will help others to understand why this is how it is and the background about frequencies. Nevertheless, the game is not well coded about this matter as if I tune my radios on the Huey to match the UHF and VHF FM radios there is no answer from ATC so it only works with the correct plane's year.

I know it's just my opinion but hope it helps.

Thanks.

I think this is a great idea that will help others to understand why this is how it is and the background about frequencies. Nevertheless, the game is not well coded about this matter as if I tune my radios on the Huey to match the UHF and VHF FM radios there is no answer from ATC so it only works with the correct plane's year.

With the release of future modules this could be more confusing than it is today...

Suggstions for a meaningful graphical representation?

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

for me the map is fine, that way we can know the location of aids without coordinates.

i support what you say about future modules, i just thought it could bring something to new people, but you might be right.

thanks

• 2 weeks later...