Best Settings for Oculus

Hi All,

So I bought an Oculus set with my new rig, and am still blown away with the level of immersion you get using a VR headset...

That said I am now starting to experience the limitations of VR as my knowledge in using DCS and my A/C is expanding (I am a newbie to DCS)... I'm sure for you VR users you will share my pain in the difficulty in reading instruments, but mostly just to see you adversary in close in PvP combat (mainly in the none advance fighters - F86; F5 ect)

So I am wondering if any other VR users out there have any hints for me to improve my experience? What setting works best for you?

I have an I7 7700k overclocked to 5.0Ghz

GTX 1080

Appreciate any guidance / help you could throw my way.

Thanks in advance

FB :thumbup:

Turn anti-aliasing off, use 1.4 or higher pixel density, map the VR zoom button to your HOTAS and get good at tracking a single pixel, err, pair of pixels. That will put you on a level playing field with those using a monitor, who also have terrible spotting problems.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

Cheers, I am running Pixels on 2. Will do the rest you suggest.. Did not know that you can zoom in VR!! That will help tons.. Going to try now...

Also found this.... Might help?

I have the same specs as you...try 1.5-1.7 pd., 2pd is too high, you're over spending, not getting your money's worth.

My solution is to use VR only for basic takeoff/navigate/landing type flights and every now and then fly an instant action dogfight. Otherwise, I much prefer my 46-inch LCD for flying DCS World.

On the other hand, I use the Oculus exclusively online with Aces High. Other than speed and alt, I don't need to read cockpit instruments very much. Online multiplayer can't be flown without some sort of icons to identify enemies, so visual spotting is only a problem when attacking ground vehicles mixed with ground clutter. It is still hard to tell enemy aircraft attitude until fairly close. But VR resolution issues don't really degrade gameplay/success rates in Aces High the way it does in DCS World.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]