Leatherneck Simulations New Years Eve Update

Cobra847

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regards to the RWR stuff listed explained on the previous page: I am mainly referring to (apart from the RWR's normal functions as explained by Jedi) -- basic ELINT and Recon capabilities and RWR data recording features.

To what extent is the pilot participating in foreign electronic intelligence. Flipping a switch at predetermined waypoints or can we expect some real time control/feedback from the ELINT collection system? (other than from the RWR)

If not, does it benefit the RWR in any way?

Yes -- this is what it encompasses.

Drift, taking a new fix position, alignment, all that good stuff. This also ties in with the weapons and HUD systems in a big way.

With regards to the RWR stuff listed explained on the previous page: I am mainly referring to (apart from the RWR's normal functions as explained by Jedi) -- basic ELINT and Recon capabilities and RWR data recording features.

That's so awesome, I don't even know what to say. INS drift and fix position is something I'm really looking forward to and ELINT is also more than welcome! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

To what extent is the pilot participating in foreign electronic intelligence. Flipping a switch at predetermined waypoints or can we expect some real time control/feedback from the ELINT collection system? (other than from the RWR)

If not, does it benefit the RWR in any way?

The RWR records data during your flight.

This data can then be read back after landing, and depending on your flightpath, emitters and some other factors, you can get an overview of the threats in an area.

The actual in-flight RWR acts mostly as you'd expect a fairly early RWR to work - with different directions indicated and different sound tones for various frequencies, ranges and radars.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

This data can then be read back after landing, and depending on your flightpath, emitters and some other factors, you can get an overview of the threats in an area.

The actual in-flight RWR acts mostly as you'd expect a fairly early RWR to work - with different directions indicated and different sound tones for various frequencies, ranges and radars.

Will we be able to make use of the recorded RWR data in DCS somehow?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

You will be able to read the data in the sim. What you do with it, is up to you. :)

Oh, that's sweet :)

When will I be able to access that data? In the debriefing screen? Or in an external file like the MiG-21 flight recorder? Or maybe even in the mission itself when I'm on the ground after landing?

I hope it's possible to access that data during the mission, because when the mission is over the gathered intel isn't of much use (especially thinking about MP here).

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh, that's sweet :)

When will I be able to access that data? In the debriefing screen? Or in an external file like the MiG-21 flight recorder? Or maybe even in the mission itself when I'm on the ground after landing?

I hope it's possible to access that data during the mission, because when the mission is over the gathered intel isn't of much use (especially thinking about MP here).

In-game is the hope.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

In-game is the hope.

Awesome :thumbup:

*crossing fingers*

Tornado3 small.jpg

Please forgive me for this:what is RWR stands for?

Sent from my SM-N910F

Please forgive me for this:what is RWR stands for?

Sent from my SM-N910F

Radar Warning Reciever. The thing that tells you what kind of radars are looking for you.

Typical american RWR-display for example:

A-10C_RWR.jpg

Tornado3 small.jpg

When can we see something?

How long are we waiting now? Half a year? Even more?

Stay calm, keep it easy, breath deeply and keep in mind picture of things coming will be post by leatherneck... someday, when ready!!!:smilewink:

Prend ton temps mais fait ca vite :cold:... LG34''21:9 Asus 23''monitors Intel i7-4590 EVGA 1070 Superclocked Gskills 4x4G RAM Fatal1ty AsRock Z97 killer motherboard in a HAF black box with 4 CH products plug in and logitech G510, F310, M510 and M570 plus trackIR 5!

Stay calm, keep it easy, breath deeply and keep in mind picture of things coming will be post by leatherneck... someday, when ready!!!:smilewink:

Who'd have thought that? :smartass:

Windows 7 Ult 64 Bit | Intel Core i5-3570 | 16GB DDR3-2133 | GTX 770

Could you clarify which month or year?

Dear All,

We've been fairly quiet over the course of 2015; with a mere half a dozen major updates scattered across the year, but this is of course has only been a temporary period that is soon coming to a close.

Thus, heavy use and far denser updates on this page are to be expected.

EDIT: Will go live on the 1st. I broke it.

Sincerely,

Leatherneck Simulations Team[/indent]

I would also like to know :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

I broke the CSS. It's not a priority for another couple of days.

There is nothing there apart from the current NYE update.

It will be far more relevant soon.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

Lol I hope real soon this overtime money is burning a hole in my pocket!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Something about this statement has my attention.

-Nick

It's maddening!!! Lol!

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Are we going to see an update on the mig soon? Cause i see in every 1.5 update changelog fixes for most aircraft but the mig..

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led