New Helios Release Issue

tallen1250

Okay, I download the new Helios 1.6 and the new Capt. Zeen A10c Profiles. Watched the videos and set everything up and had all green on the dashboard. When I stared DCS I picked my resolution of 1920x2160 since I have two monitors one above the other and selected Helios as the profile. The system started fine and all the MFCD's and clocks were in the correct place on the lower monitor, but the profile from Helios is small and half on the top monitor and half on the bottom. Not sure where I went wrong. Can anyone help.

Okay, I went back into Helios editor and found the issue, (See second photo), but I don't know where it is getting that information from or where to go and change it.

1243028351_ScreenShot.thumb.jpg.f8c1edde11c1ad15cd8b101fd100fd48.jpg

Settings.thumb.png.a9a6049e228c61a29dce9dba6efa9487.png

Edited by tallen1250
Additional Information

You probably have screens with different dpi settings

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

• 2 months later...

Just found this thread as I seem to be having the same issue due to DPI values.

I have checked that both monitors have the same DPI, however Helios still states the DPI values are different.

Is there any way around this or just need to wait until a fix has been completed for Helios?

Thanks

Just found this thread as I seem to be having the same issue due to DPI values.

I have checked that both monitors have the same DPI, however Helios still states the DPI values are different.

Is there any way around this or just need to wait until a fix has been completed for Helios?

Thanks

Helios currently doesn't have the ability to tell if you have different DPI values. It just always tells you that message that you should check (not that they are necessarily wrong.)

I had thought this message would be there short term while we wait to implement it correctly, but then it got de-scheduled for a while. If your DPI values are all the same, then you can safely ignore the message.

Helios currently doesn't have the ability to tell if you have different DPI values. It just always tells you that message that you should check (not that they are necessarily wrong.)

I had thought this message would be there short term while we wait to implement it correctly, but then it got de-scheduled for a while. If your DPI values are all the same, then you can safely ignore the message.

Ok, so just to confirm, even though I get the message (attached screenshot) that this profile can not be displayed due to invalid monitor configuration, all will still work?

Capture.PNG.dfc792a323e5fe3edbabe324e050de16.PNG

Ok, so just to confirm, even though I get the message (attached screenshot) that this profile can not be displayed due to invalid monitor configuration, all will still work?

All good .. just checked again and was loading the 16:10 and not 16:9 profile for the FA18 :thumbup:

All good .. just checked again and was loading the 16:10 and not 16:9 profile for the FA18 :thumbup:

Glad to hear it.

Just to close on the previous question for posterity :) :

The DPI thing is just an informational message and unrelated to the warnings or errors you are seeing. But it looks like you worked it out.