Dedicated Server Memory Leak - how do you handle restarts?

Hello everybody. How do you handle server restarts with your dedicated server?

In about 9-12 hours our server runs out of memory (I guess due to leaking). dcs.exe starting with 4GB per process (4 Instances on 1 server). 12 hours later the process is about 7 GB.

With version 50979 one server restart in 24 hours was sufficient. Currently we need 2-3.

13:00 8.89 GB free space (32GB total available)

01:00 1 GB remaining

04:00 out of memory

memory.thumb.jpg.094814a55a68eca5152cecc89b4772d1.jpg

here is the batch file we currently use for 1 of hour servs. Will start then restart your DCS server every 8 hrs. Change to fit your needs.

StartDcs.Bat

@echo off

:Start
Start "" /high "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta Server\bin\DCS.exe" --norender --server

:loop
timeout /t 28800>null
taskkill /f /im DCS.exe >nul
timeout /t 15>null
goto Start

Coming Soon...
The Fraternity Returns : https://thefraternitysim.com/

I don't restart the server, but I do auto-stop missions at around the 6 hours mark.

Within the ME, there's an "end mission", that can easily be set.

For my server, I have a number of different missions on loop. If I were going with a single mission, I'd probably setup several versions, to cover normal daytime, night time and maybe poor weather conditions, just to add some spice to things.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

We pause the servers when noone is on, and we have a mission reset target near the 'starting base', I also do at least weekly restart of our servers.

Ebein

Commander VFA-106 Gladiators

Modules : all but I-16.

Rig: Ryzen 2700x, 32gig 3200 ddr4 ram, Aorus 2080 TI, 512gb + 1tb SSD + 2x5TB raid HD

Controls: Vive sometimes TrackIR, Virpil AlphaR + Virpil Throttle, MFG crosswind pedals, Cougar MFDs, A-10 UFC