any news on the broken radar issue?

eatthis

weve got a big mission tomorow night with alot of red air and were now effectively short range point defence :(:lol: any news on the problem/fix?

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

It is very broken. I have just tested it and I get zero targets on the TID even when the bogies are directly ahead at less than 20 miles. Just a black V as though nothing is there at all apart from my waypoint markers. Datalink ac show up but cant lock them, nothing at all from the AWG 9. Also PAL not always working but does sometimes. When it does it gets a lock but firing missiles bares no relevance to the lock and the missile just goes off wherever it likes. I tested this with a slow moving mig 29, 5 to 10 miles ahead of me. I shot off 4xAIM 54s, 2x Sparrows and then closed in to get sidewinder shots off. All of them missed the Mig and flew right past it. Somethings wrong here and its broken my plane!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I flew the Tomcat on the BlueFlag Caucasus server yesterday and it worked fine. The issue linked by Halcyon is just about ground clutter showing in a certain situations where it shouldn't show up. That has nothing to do with what Father Cool described, where targets don't appear, which I can't reproduce though as targets appeared just fine for me yesterday (Open Beta).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Radar contacts shows correctly for us too on all modes in MP, its no more difficult to get and hold a track/lock as anytime before. Then again Im not flying with Jester, so I cant speak to his performance.

And my understanding is that MLC is supposed to switch off if you are nose down more than 3° and you will see ground clutter contacts in that case. Have not noticed anything wrong with it, but it might be little off, fair enough.

And my understanding is that MLC is supposed to switch off if you are nose down more than 3° and you will see ground clutter contacts in that case. Have not noticed anything wrong with it, but it might be little off, fair enough.

We're currently investigating this last bit, which could be related.

However during our testing we did not notice anything wrong with the radar per se, either, which does not mean that you guys are wrong, just that we couldn't reproduce it on our side.

In general: nothing has changed that would affect AWG9 behavior, unless you turn off the MLC filter, which will be correctly "punishing" now. But that should cause more targets to appear if ground clutter is present and not less.

Either way we will keep investigating.

thank you for all your reports.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Thanks Mike, I do assure you though (and the F14 is the only plane I fly so have a lot of hours in it) the radar is not working for us (me and the rest of the boys in our club). It's not about locks its about not even seeing contacts at all on the radar.

Last night in our first mission of our latest campaign there were approx 4 to 6 enemy F14's all within 20 miles of us. We didn't get a single radar trace on any of them. I got some further out earlier on in the flight from the datalink but nothing on the AWG9.

I could see one dead ahead due to his con trail heading straight at me, nothing on radar, no response from the PAL (wouldn't even activate the scrolling diamond), he went past my canopy in the merge by about 50 ft and yet I still never got a trace or lock.

Currently we are grounded until fixed.

Thanks Mike, I do assure you though (and the F14 is the only plane I fly so have a lot of hours in it) the radar is not working for us (me and the rest of the boys in our club). It's not about locks its about not even seeing contacts at all on the radar.

Last night in our first mission of our latest campaign there were approx 4 to 6 enemy F14's all within 20 miles of us. We didn't get a single radar trace on any of them. I got some further out earlier on in the flight from the datalink but nothing on the AWG9.

I could see one dead ahead due to his con trail heading straight at me, nothing on radar, no response from the PAL (wouldn't even activate the scrolling diamond), he went past my canopy in the merge by about 50 ft and yet I still never got a trace or lock.

Currently we are grounded until fixed.

That sounds very strange. Could you please make sure to do a repair, check your keybinds and disable any eventual external programs affecting control (like VIACOM)? And also check that your WCS really is in ON and not STBY and that you don't have any keybinds that might affect it.

Just wanting to make sure, this is an error we can't reproduce at all.

I did further testing last night after the mission, which is what I posted earlier on in the thread with the Mig 29. I have run a repair after the mission last night but before the mig test. I don't have Viacom, I completely rebound all of my keybinds and don't have anything bound that I can see that would interfere with the radar.

the WCS switch is a RIO control and I am flying with Jester so I guess it's up to him. I have no binds that would interfere with that.

It is not just me though it is everyone in our squadron so there must be something effecting this.

I will run a further repair and see what it yields.

I did further testing last night after the mission, which is what I posted earlier on in the thread with the Mig 29. I have run a repair after the mission last night but before the mig test. I don't have Viacom, I completely rebound all of my keybinds and don't have anything bound that I can see that would interfere with the radar.

the WCS switch is a RIO control and I am flying with Jester so I guess it's up to him. I have no binds that would interfere with that.

It is no just me though it is everyone in our squadron so there must be something effecting this.

Yeah, absolutely. Currently it seems like you guys are the only ones having this issue with a radar that seems completely dead.

Prior to last night one of our guys said he was getting contacts showing but Jester would not hook them with the TWS or lock with STT so couldn't engage bandits outside of PAL lock range. Currently that was still a better situation than what we saw last night.

Currently running a repair and will see what that yields for me, hopefully not lost control binds which was my fate last night after running it!

Edit: No issues found with files.

Edited by Father Cool

It is not just me though it is everyone in our squadron so there must be something effecting this.

This, and with what Naquaii mentioned, that is that it seems to be an issue isolated to your squadron, brings me to another idea, or two actually. Can you please check:

1. That the mission you are running has been resaved with the current version of DCS (and warehouses are fixed and if necessary any scripts, etc are updated, you can also control check throuhg all units, if something has changed, etc).

2. That the server is running on the correct version of DCS (latest OB same as clients, and possibly run a repair on the server that is hosting your mission)

3. Check that all clients in the mission are running the latest version of OB.

4. Avoid to have one of the clients function as host of the mission.

That's four ideas now, but it very much sounds to me as if the problem could lie into the general direction of something like the 4 points mentioned above.

Thanks for all your kind feedback, I hope we find the culprit soon!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Yeah, absolutely. Currently it seems like you guys are the only ones having this issue with a radar that seems completely dead.

I've been having this or a similar issue as well.

Unless I tell jester precisely where to tws-m, almost no contacts ever show up even when at a perfect co-alt 40nm orientation. Jester also seems to have huge issues with locking things up that are above the aircraft, which I've noticed for a while, but seems to have become worse.

Additionally, I've noticed that even with the tws lock (1∆1) iconography half my Phoenixes in tws just fly off into space (jester and multiple human Rios)

Something changed with the radar.... I've got more hours than I care to admit In this thing and the last update drastically has changed my normal routine.

Just chiming in to agree -- yep, things seem to have gone off in the last update. Targets coming in hot not being picked up in TWS. Phoenixes just flying off on their own adventure, launched on valid targets but no countdown appearing (sometimes up to 3x).

I've noticed the countdown not happening or the clocked-track flies off into oblivion too, but the missiles seem to track the correct target... I've also had no issues with dead radar on DDCS (playing with doormouse)... for what it's worth. If I recall, in the last couple days on MP flights, at least one example of the dead radar was because someone in an F-14 took on a human RIO somewhere along the startup process, and Jester hadn't turned on the radar yet... and the RIO forgot to turn it on himself... <shrug>

Edited by Banzaiib

I've noticed the countdown not happening or the clocked-track flies off into oblivion too, but the missiles seem to track the correct target... I've also had no issues with dead radar on DDCS (playing with doormouse)... for what it's worth. If I recall, in the last couple days on MP flights, at least one example of the dead radar was because someone in an F-14 took on a human RIO somewhere along the startup process, and Jester hadn't turned on the radar yet... and the RIO forgot to turn it on himself... <shrug>

lol yes that did happen. But didnt mention it here. Jester sets the radar to "Standby" and if a human rio joins and expects the radar to be "on" there could be issues. But thats neither here nor there.

we all ran a repair on our dcs and it seems to have fixed alot of the problems. still have real trouble finding a bandit coming head on though

7700k @5ghz, 32gb 3200mhz ram, 2080ti, nvme drives, valve index vr

That's because the Sweep in the DDD still goes with the AWG-9 in Standby.

I'm guessing the sweep is made by the signal generator and not something actually caused by radar emission in the AWG-9, but boy that's a bad Gotcha from a company that managed to land on the moon.