Black Shark 3 upgrade content

BonerCat

My thought exactly. It really looks like any Fixed Wing project will systematically take over any on going RW one. The Mi24 was announced way before all the Fxxx modules that came up first.

The Mi-24 was announced together with the F-4E Phantom, but is way ahead of the Phantom in development. So no, not every FW will take over the RWs ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The Mi-24 was announced together with the F-4E Phantom, but is way ahead of the Phantom in development. So no, not every FW will take over the RWs ;)

You are right QuiGon. But I think having an F16 in place of a F4 is probably not as much of a big deal as having an F16 in place of a Mi24 don't you think? I would not really be as disappointed to get a Apache or a Tiger in place of a Mi24. RW pilots have often zero interest in FW ones so that's not really comparable.

To get more RW action in the game, we do not need less/more FW, but we need far better communications, radar, SAM and especially infantry simulation.

As all those would make FW pilots life far more difficult, challenging and even impossible when they can not approach or complete anything without the troops on ground advancing, conquering, defending, holding etc the ground. We need special forces to be dropped at various locations, infantry to be the main target and support.

It as well means we need more realistic FLIR simulation (severe limitations to FLIR, IR cameras, laser weapons etc) and especially far better ground units concealment capabilities.

All that will do dramatically increase requirements for RW pilots to start operating around the maps, and they are far better protected as well against FW pilots as they can't find them so easily.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Well. ED never wanted to share this. But after 11 years of flying DCS choppers in various squadron, I would say at least 80% to 90% are flying fixed wing

I don't understand what you're saying

You start with 'ED never wanted to share this', but everything after that is prefaced by 'I would say'...

Do you have figures to back your numbers up that you got from E.D., or is it all your opinion ?

Cheers.

I don't understand what you're saying

You start with 'ED never wanted to share this', but everything after that is prefaced by 'I would say'...

Do you have figures to back your numbers up that you got from E.D., or is it all your opinion ?

It's only my 2 cents Weta. As stated, ED never shared any market shares numbers. To add to this, it is also only my experience from squadrons. When I listened to the latest ED's interview, I was shocked to hear that only something like 10% of the DCS users were flying MP. Combining that with the niche that is RW modules (4 modules out of 32 available today), it kind of killed all my expectation about what we are all dreaming about for DCS, that is, like you rightfully mentioned Fri13, a better infantry system that works in MP, and also a set of objects in the ME that actually supports RW operations and not just those two FARPS monstrosities that we had to deal with for the last 10 years.

We are all patiently looking with envy all the FW developments, hoping that one day it will benefit to the RW world. But our minority doesn't have a voice anymore in the ocean of F18/F16 kiddies. My last attempt to inquire about the possibility that the animated personnel of the super carrier could support later helicopter marshaling onboard the helicopter carriers like the Tarawa was carpet bombed by mockery (that would delay the much more important feature of having the said personnel properly salute before launch!).

I am not loosing hope though. I was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the Mi24 in a video. And yes, the Kiowa is also high on the list to allow us to come out of our ghettos and maybe reduce a bit the toxicity of the actual community against choppers.

There was a glass cockpit version.

And that is likely pretty much all that is known about them. Like what is the change we would get to know what those displays look like, what functions there are etc etc?

There are very advanced KA-50 variants out there, what is that glass cockpit one is the final production standard variant. But we don't know even what all kind others were before it as there are many.

It is worrisome that how ED will implement the systems user interfaces in upgraded KA-50 as there is not much information about that at all. We only know systems existing but how you use them is unknown.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

...It is worrisome that how ED will implement the systems user interfaces in upgraded KA-50 as there is not much information about that at all. We only know systems existing but how you use them is unknown.

You worry too much ;)

Let's just wait until the new version is released. Then the documentation will tell us what has been implemented and how to use it. And if it sucks we don't buy it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wildcards BlackJack_sml.jpg

Is there any kind of BlackShark 3 Development status page I am missing? Trying to get new information on the status of the Cockpit, Content and 3D Model updates.

Can somebody provide me any info on that?

regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lt. Mark "MKev" P. - Callsign: Rhino

Military Flight History: Falcon 4.0, Falcon BMS, IL-2 & DCS

Streaming with passion: MilSim, Survival and more...

MKev_Gaming - "Gaming is my religion"

• 2 weeks later...

I am thinking of buying the Black Shark 2.

Is there any kind of release date for the Black Shark 3? Am I better off being patient and waiting for it?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel Core i5 8600K CPU @ 3.6GHz, 32GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB. 500GB SSD (Exclusively for DCS World), Thrustmaster Warthog, Logitech G Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals. Track IR 5 with Pro Clip. Vaicom Pro.

EASA PPL(A), Glider Aerobatics. Modules: A-10C, F/A-18C, F-5E, Mirage 2000C, AV-8B N/A, Yak 52, Flaming Cliffs 3, Heatblur F14B/A, UH-1H Huey, SA342 Gazelle and all but one of the warbirds. Caucuses, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, Channel and Syria.

A release date is not known at the moment, but I wouldn´t expect a release in this year.

It was announced, that for owners of the Black Shark 2 module, the upgrade to BlackShark3 will be of a much lower price, than the full price for BlackShark3 without owning BS2.

F-14b Tomcat   /   AV-8B Harrier   /   F-16C Viper  /   KA-50 Black Shark   /   Mi-24 Hind   /   MiG-21bis   

There was a glass cockpit version.

7Pg7smL.jpg

IcrknNx.png

I have a feeling in my waters that these images show the ground based test/training chopper used for evaluating the KA-52 systems.... but it is just a feeling in my waters.

I would love something like this in DCS... but more than likely BS3 will only have the basic president S defensive system, which I would be very happy with.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Wish the A-10 exteriour model gets an update too, ugliest and most outdated 3D model of all.

Not sure what you're getting at, it's an excellent, high-detail 3D model.

The reason it's not so appealing to look at is because it's an A-10! Still a great module though, and pretty much everything in it actually works.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a feeling in my waters that these images show the ground based test/training chopper used for evaluating the KA-52 systems.... but it is just a feeling in my waters.

I would love something like this in DCS... but more than likely BS3 will only have the basic president S defensive system, which I would be very happy with.

Why they had to do that, when they can make anyone sit in the actual cockpit and take the picture. Talking about the second picture, either the guy is a dwarf, or is a poor photoshop job. The guy sitting in the second picture is photoshoped, and is not to scale. lol.

Alas! Ed needs to hire more people to work on their projects. Its sad to hear that BS3 is on hold.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Why they had to do that, when they can make anyone sit in the actual cockpit and take the picture. Talking about the second picture, either the guy is a dwarf, or is a poor photoshop job. The guy sitting in the second picture is photoshoped, and is not to scale. lol.

No... It's either the best photoshop work I've ever seen (and I consider myself photoshop expert) or it's real.

He's working on it, not operating so very likely seat position is at the lowest.

Ka-50 V3 is on hold... :( No new Ka-50 in 2020.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4491826&postcount=1780

Was totally expected when they announced the A10C II (months after the announcement of BS3). Choppers always come last. I was fool enough to say it loud on the forum on day 1 and got destroyed by the flyboys.