F-4 Everything?

upyr1

I had also heard that. At the very least there should be at least two versions.

The F-4E to have the latest and greatest

And a Naval version that was used the most in Vietnam which I think is the F-4B. It was used by both the Navy and Marines.

800px-F-4N_Phantom_of_VF-111_in_flight_in_1976.jpg

• Like 1

Listening to the interview by the Grimm reaper I heard there is a chance to have multiple F-4 varriants. Please have multiple versions. I'd at least like one Navy.

Yes, he did hint and I am hoping it was coz of that it was being delayed...

I'd love to see the Naval version come along with it and with that it will be very marketable module. I'd be wishing to see the F-4J being developed or whichever is easier that would go with their version of F-4E.

I definitely want the F-4E, but if there is a chance for another F-4 then I would also buy the heck out of a naval F-4!

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm not a big fan of multi crew aircraft in DCS (I like to be able to do everything myself :P), but still, some iconic aircraft will be day one purchases for me! The F-4(any version) is one of them.

(same with the F-14. I never properly learned it, I don't really like its flight characteristics, I never bothered to learn the RIO seat and hardly ever fly it. Still, I had to buy it, just because it's an awesome jet and occasionally sitting in it in VR, makes me feel good :D)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

I guess with the Supercarrier module, ED came to reconisder a naval Phantom. Even though none of the DCS Supercarriers did carry the Phantom, the USS Nimitz made a tour with F-4J in 1976-77.

While the Phantom familiy is large with many interesting variants, it is understandable that not everything can be done. If there is only room for one variant, I still think it should be a post-Vietnam F-4E fighter-bomber. It is the most versitile and widely used variant and stays true to the classic characteristics that most acssociate with the Phantom (i.e. no 3rd party mid-life upgrades).

If a scecond variant would be possible, which would be absolutely Phantastic, I think it should be the F-4J. It is carrier capable and served in Vietnam and into the early 1980s (last deployments 1981 on USS Forrestal and USS Independence). If Vietnam is not a requirement, the last and hottest USN Phantom, the F-4S, stayed with USS Midway till 1986.

Honestly I would love multiple version, and also ED to setup a framework for multiply version in exosphere.... I would love F-18A, F-16A, F-15A in DCS...

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

I'd love as many versions as I can get.

At least one land-based and one naval variant.

For me, at least the F-4E and the F-4J

But also definitely room for the B/C/D and hopefully the K and the M.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Yes, he did hint and I am hoping it was coz of that it was being delayed...

I'd love to see the Naval version come along with it and with that it will be very marketable module. I'd be wishing to see the F-4J being developed or whichever is easier that would go with their version of F-4E.

Agreed.

E and J is all I need.:joystick:

TISEO F-4E (ARN-101), but I’d really prefer the F-4S.

Edited by garyscott

Alien desktop PC, Intel i7-8700 CPU@3.20GHz 6 Core, Nvidia GTX 1070, 16GB RAM. TM Warthog stick and Throttles. Saitek ProFlight pedals.

During the interview they stated that that was the original plan years ago, not that it still is in the works like that.

Damn...they are getting our hopes up :D

They did hint a lot...and here is me hoping that we get two Phantoms. One for AF and the other being Naval. Then again, it was originally designed by Navy.

Hoping IF WE get Naval, that its the J or N version.

I guess with the Supercarrier module, ED came to reconisder a naval Phantom. Even though none of the DCS Supercarriers did carry the Phantom, the USS Nimitz made a tour with F-4J in 1976-77.

While the Phantom familiy is large with many interesting variants, it is understandable that not everything can be done. If there is only room for one variant, I still think it should be a post-Vietnam F-4E fighter-bomber. It is the most versitile and widely used variant and stays true to the classic characteristics that most acssociate with the Phantom (i.e. no 3rd party mid-life upgrades).

If a scecond variant would be possible, which would be absolutely Phantastic, I think it should be the F-4J. It is carrier capable and served in Vietnam and into the early 1980s (last deployments 1981 on USS Forrestal and USS Independence). If Vietnam is not a requirement, the last and hottest USN Phantom, the F-4S, stayed with USS Midway till 1986.

It looks like ED needs to add some new carriers then. We either need a naval assets pack or a naval mod, DCS: Fleet Ops I'd rather have the second. The F-8 needs a refitted essex

I think there is definitly room for multiple Phantoms.

VF-151-Vigilantes.jpg

• Like 1

N and E would be great

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

I'm not a big fan of multi crew aircraft in DCS (I like to be able to do everything myself :P), but still, some iconic aircraft will be day one purchases for me! The F-4(any version) is one of them.

(same with the F-14. I never properly learned it, I don't really like its flight characteristics, I never bothered to learn the RIO seat and hardly ever fly it. Still, I had to buy it, just because it's an awesome jet and occasionally sitting in it in VR, makes me feel good :D)

The F-4 Phantom is just one of those jets like the F-14 that has to be experienced to see what made it so special.

The F-14 is my second favorite jet after the Viggen. The Tomcat has been the only jet that I have been able to glide down to my nearest airport without a fuss after the engines died on me once. All my other jets have dropped like a brick after engine failure.

So many wonderful variants to choose from :)

I would go with the legendary F-4E and for the second version, the F-4S.

The F-4S was a F-4J modernized with smokeless engines, reinforced airframe, leading-edge slats for improved maneuverability. First flight July 1977; 302 converted.

The F-4J was an improved F-4B version for US Navy and Marine Corps, with emphasis on air-to-air combat capability improvement, which include: J79-GE-10 engines with 17,844 lbf (79.374 kN) of afterburner thrust each, AN/APG-59 pulse doppler radar coupled with the AN/AWG-10 Fire Control System for look-down shoot-down capability, larger main landing gear wheels resulting in wing bulges similar to F-4C, slatted tailplane, ailerons drooped 16.5° when landing gear and flaps were deployed to decrease the landing speed, zero-zero ejection seats, expanded ground attack capability, no IRST sensor under the nose; One USN pilot and one USN Naval Flight Officer became aces in F-4Js. First flight May 1966; 522 built.

The F-4J was easy to land on the carrier, very stable at slow speed during the approach.

Can't wait!!!

Cheers!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Did I miss something! My take was that sure, they would like an F-4 but it wasn’t anything currently on the front burner??

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.