DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

I'm pretty sure they're on the MFDs. :cry:

:( So, unless you add those to the HOTAS, I need to go back to use default keys instead CTS. It's a pity, because I love CTS voiced feedback macros like for use propeller or mixture.

I need to use the engine controls on IL-2 BOS. Unless you use them you will fry the engines. :helpsmilie:

Cheers.

MSI Trident X Plus 9SF-488EU Intel Core i9-9900K/64GB/2x2TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD+1x2TB SSD/RTX 2080Ti/Samsung C49RG90 120hz/HP Reverb/

I use CTS for DCS, IL2 and Elite. But your suggestion re separating IL2 & Elite seems the most logical if you are running into coding limits. It means I will need 2 x CTS installations, but tbh its just a Folder full of files that can be copied and shortcuts updated, no big issue.

I use CTS for DCS, IL2 and Elite. But your suggestion re separating IL2 & Elite seems the most logical if you are running into coding limits. It means I will need 2 x CTS installations, but tbh its just a Folder full of files that can be copied and shortcuts updated, no big issue.

I'll have separate EXEs and installers for different versions, so not to worry. They'll still coexist. The only downside will be needing to change scripts to go between DCS and other sims.

:( So, unless you add those to the HOTAS, I need to go back to use default keys instead CTS. It's a pity, because I love CTS voiced feedback macros like for use propeller or mixture.

I need to use the engine controls on IL-2 BOS. Unless you use them you will fry the engines. :helpsmilie:

Cheers.

There's only so much I can put on the HOTAS. The whole idea of the MFDs was so I wouldn't have to shoehorn functionality on the HOTAS. I'd just go with "auto" settings in IL-2.

All,

2.47 Hotfix 2 is now up. Hotfix 2 fixes the mapping issues with the F/A-18C FLIR/Laser key macros and removes the TEMPO command from ROSB20 if you have 3 or more MFDs installed. This allows for smoother zoom control with the FLIR if it is put on the RMFD (nothing I can do about the LMFD because LOSB20 Long is global for the kneeboard functions).

• 2 weeks later...
In MI-8 the trim button is followed by "2" which every time switches to co-pilot.

This is by design. The Mi-8 doesn't use progressive trim, so the hat switch cycles between stations (and does padlock while shifted).

Trim is on H4. See the section on TARGET Central Position Trimmer Mode in the User Reference to see how trim is implemented on the helicopters.

This is by design. The Mi-8 doesn't use progressive trim, so the hat switch cycles between stations (and does padlock while shifted).

Trim is on H4. See the section on TARGET Central Position Trimmer Mode in the User Reference to see how trim is implemented on the helicopters.

What I meant is that I am using H4 as described but every time I press H4 it trims as expected and switches to co-pilot.

What I meant is that I am using H4 as described but every time I press H4 it trims as expected and switches to co-pilot.

Ok, I'll look into it. Can you tell me your hardware and send me your dcs_world.tmc file?

EDIT: NVM, I was able to duplicate this with the Mi-8 and Huey. It's likely an error trap for other modules that forces you into the same seat you selected. You'll need to use the hat switch to select stations (not the keyboard) to keep the profile synched with the game.

TBH, I don't remember putting this error trap in, but it was probably for the Tomcat.

Edited by Home Fries

I've just learned that the F-5E has a roll limiter on by default, halving the roll rate. Would you be map Aileron limiter override (default binding "L") on the stick please?

I currently have it mapped on S4, losing pitch damper cutoff, but was thinking it might go well on S3 in GSU.

I've also mapped drag chute to S3+slew push, which I find to be useful. Might also be good on S3+left throttle button (short tempo).

Edited by Majik

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

I've just learned that the F-5E has a roll limiter on by default, halving the roll rate. Would you be map Aileron limiter override (default binding "L") on the stick please?

I currently have it mapped on S4, losing pitch damper cutoff, but was thinking it might go well on S3 in GSU.

I've also mapped drag chute to S3+slew push, which I find to be useful. Might also be good on S3+left throttle button (short tempo).

I have incorporated this into the next build. I agree that S4 for limiter and S3 short for pitch damper cutoff makes the most sense.

What I did with S3+LTB/T6 and S3+SC/T1 is apply them to the Pitch and Yaw Damper switch toggle functions. I wanted to have a way to switch these and there was no room on the MFDs.

I have incorporated this into the next build. I agree that S4 for limiter and S3 short for pitch damper cutoff makes the most sense.

What I did with S3+LTB/T6 and S3+SC/T1 is apply them to the Pitch and Yaw Damper switch toggle functions. I wanted to have a way to switch these and there was no room on the MFDs.

Amazing, thanks!! :thumbup:

Would it be too much to ask for the option in the values menu to swap the damper and limiter between S3 and 4, (if having a held function like limiter doesn't conflict with the shift function)? It'd be nice to see which way works best, as mentally, having limiter on S3 along with NWS might actually make sense, seeing as they are both movement range expanders, and the real plane has damper cutoff on the pinky lever.

Also, is there some way or setting I can use to get/cheat the comms switch in the F-5 to work with mutilple radios on SRS (used with vaicom)? Every direction registers as button 20 (TX1 on vaicom), which makes sense with the jet only having one radio, but limits some function online.

Finally, I've mapped both VR zooms to shifted H4U and H4D. Works really well, only overwrites redundant dogfight SW centre binds, and meshes with the F/A-18 and JF-17 zoom. I may have mentioned this as a potential good universal vr zoom option on one of the surveys. I use these mappings for all the jets I own, except the F-16, where it doesn't work.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Would it be too much to ask for the option in the values menu to swap the damper and limiter between S3 and 4, (if having a held function like limiter doesn't conflict with the shift function)? It'd be nice to see which way works best, as mentally, having limiter on S3 along with NWS might actually make sense, seeing as they are both movement range expanders, and the real plane has damper cutoff on the pinky lever.

Since the Pitch Damper Dump is a momentary press and the limiter override is sustained, they have to be on S3 and S4 respectively. For S3 to work as more than a shift function, it has to be an instant press and release. This is global architecture in the profile to allow dual function on S3 without forcing dual function.

Also, is there some way or setting I can use to get/cheat the comms switch in the F-5 to work with mutilple radios on SRS (used with vaicom)? Every direction registers as button 20 (TX1 on vaicom), which makes sense with the jet only having one radio, but limits some function online.

I have only supported stock SRS functionality to keep things simple. Adding this feature may be possible in the future, but right now the script is at the point where if I add something, I have to take something out (i.e. I'm at the stack limits of TARGET).

Finally, I've mapped both VR zooms to shifted H4U and H4D. Works really well, only overwrites redundant dogfight SW centre binds, and meshes with the F/A-18 and JF-17 zoom. I may have mentioned this as a potential good universal vr zoom option on one of the surveys. I use these mappings for all the jets I own, except the F-16, where it doesn't work.

Not a bad idea. The mapping is there for compatibility with the Cougar, but I like your idea. I may do that for Warthog users in the future once I start CTS 3.0. If you didn't put it in the survey, please do that specifically.

Since the Pitch Damper Dump is a momentary press and the limiter override is sustained, they have to be on S3 and S4 respectively. For S3 to work as more than a shift function, it has to be an instant press and release. This is global architecture in the profile to allow dual function on S3 without forcing dual function.

Ah, I figured that might be the case. Still, will be nice to have both available on the stick, as opposed to one or the other right now.

I have only supported stock SRS functionality to keep things simple. Adding this feature may be possible in the future, but right now the script is at the point where if I add something, I have to take something out (i.e. I'm at the stack limits of TARGET).

Makes complete sense. I have no idea how you're even able to come up with the complexity of your system, it blows my mind how much can already be done. CTS is the reason I'm playing DCS as much as I am.

Not a bad idea. The mapping is there for compatibility with the Cougar, but I like your idea. I may do that for Warthog users in the future once I start CTS 3.0. If you didn't put it in the survey, please do that specifically.

I filled out all of the surveys pertinent to my setup a week or two ago. It may have been worded differently, but I'm pretty sure I left a comment about vr zoom on /I H4 as a suggestion for 3.0.

2.48 is now available.

Change log:

• Adds WAV file for station change
  • Fixed bug with delay in airbrake LED
  • F-5E: Added Aileron Limiter Override (S4), Pitch/Yaw Damper toggle, and moved Pitch Damper Cutoff (S3)
  • F-14: Adds context senstitive Cage/AutoThrottle on T6/LTB
  • F-14: Added VR Zoom to S1 (replaced default functions for VR)

First off, thanks for making this amazing software!

CTS 2.48 and all the latest drivers as of today.

Im having some issues though.

I have a Warthog and a cougar. I use the WH stick and cougar throttle. Sometimes without any error my inputs will just stop working. Sometimes its just all the joystick buttons and sometimes i cant press anything. Sometimes but not always any keyboard input is also not working.

Sometimes if i replug the WH and run the script again it will work. Sometimes it just wont do anything at all. The axis works but no buttons or nothing at all. There are no error messages. Its just extremely strange. It may be my WH going bonkers though but ive never had any issues outside of using this software.

"If the Idle Detent Low End is set to a positive non-zero value, then pushing the throttle forward of the idle detent will initiate the engine start routine, and pulling the throttle back below idle while holding down S3 (to prevent inadvertent engine shutdown in flight) will initiate the engine shutdown routine."

On the F16 It will just run shutdown regardless. S3 wont do anything.

One more thing i observe is when i hold S3 which is the shift button it will just press and release it in event view. Is this correct? See attachment

200597050_S3shift.png.a18d566f1af03b2ae310daa207189c6d.png

Edited by trigen

1080 ti, i7700k 5ghz, 16gb 3600 cl14 ddr4 oc

First off, thanks for making this amazing software!

CTS 2.48 and all the latest drivers as of today.

Im having some issues though.

I have a Warthog and a cougar. I use the WH stick and cougar throttle. Sometimes without any error my inputs will just stop working. Sometimes its just all the joystick buttons and sometimes i cant press anything. Sometimes but not always any keyboard input is also not working.

Sometimes if i replug the WH and run the script again it will work. Sometimes it just wont do anything at all. The axis works but no buttons or nothing at all. There are no error messages. Its just extremely strange. It may be my WH going bonkers though but ive never had any issues outside of using this software.

Another issue is that to my understanding you need to hold S3 and bring the throttle below the idle detent for it to run the engine shutdown so it does not do it in flight. It will just run it regardless if you hold it or not

One more thing i observe is when i hold S3 which is the shift button it will just press and release it in event view. Is this correct? See attachment

There may be a number of things in play here:

1) While the WH stick/Cougar TQS combo is coded, it is not officially tested or supported. I tried to code it as best as I could, but there are combinations I may have missed. I need to know which module/profile(s) you are using when this happens.

2) With controllers dropping out, is this after initial script load, after changing profiles (i.e. between modules), or does it just happen inconsistently? Are both controllers affected, or just the stick or TQS?

3) Regarding pushing/releasing S3 (the pinky button), what you describe totally depends on the module selected. That said, I can't think of any time where pressing S3 should return actual keypresses. Please let me know the module/profile in which this happens.

There may be a number of things in play here:

1) While the WH stick/Cougar TQS combo is coded, it is not officially tested or supported. I tried to code it as best as I could, but there are combinations I may have missed. I need to know which module/profile(s) you are using when this happens.

2) With controllers dropping out, is this after initial script load, after changing profiles (i.e. between modules), or does it just happen inconsistently? Are both controllers affected, or just the stick or TQS?

3) Regarding pushing/releasing S3 (the pinky button), what you describe totally depends on the module selected. That said, I can't think of any time where pressing S3 should return actual keypresses. Please let me know the module/profile in which this happens.

Thank you for the quick reply.

F-16C profile.

What buttons fail are random, sometimes just the Wh, Sometimes all the buttons but the axis still work. As for the joystick not working i haven't been able to replicate it in a meaningful way. It seems a bit random so i have to get back to you on that. It could all be related.

I think i know what is going on with the shift stuff. Since my cougar does not have a stick connected all the buttons for the grip will light up when i move it. As you will see in the video lots of buttons are suddenly on and i have to press them to shut them down. My cougar grip thats not there lit up the buttons and some i could turn back off with the WH. My cougar does not have a button 30 but it will light up. Then every time i press the S3 shift button it will run the startup or shutdown sequence. Problem is that my grip board got fried long ago so i cant connect it. I can clear all the buttons trough pressing all the MFD and stick so its a workaround. Thats my issue:

Here's my startup. There's also a couple of HW that cant be found. I dont know why they are there as its not configured for anything.

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() *** 
Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"
Physical USB HID devices managed by script!
Currently plugged USB HID devices[4]:
1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"
2: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"
3: "HOTAS Cougar Joystick" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&REV_0110&MI_00"
4: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"
USB HID device "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0402\7&2F067C3E&0&4) selected
USB HID device "F16 MFD 1"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B351\A&2EB5DB46&0&3) selected
USB HID device "F16 MFD 2"(USB\VID_044F&PID_B352\A&2EB5DB46&0&4) selected
USB HID device "HOTAS Cougar Joystick"(USB\VID_044F&PID_0400&MI_00\9&11691A82&0&0000) selected
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0405" cannot be found
USB HID device with hardware id "VID_044F&PID_0406" cannot be found
Virtual HID devices managed by script!
Connecting virtual joystick...Done
Device name set to Thrustmaster Combined
Connecting virtual keyboard...Done
Connecting virtual mouse (absolute axes)...Done
DCS_Global() Start.
DCS_Global() Finish.

DCS_Init (Profile v2.48):

DCS F-16C Viper Config (Profile v2.48):
  Map Cougar Left  MFD (DX31)...Done!
  Map Cougar Right MFD (DX32)...Done!
  Map HOTAS for DCS F-16C Viper:
  Map Axes:
     Axis mapping Warthog Stick...Done!
     Axis Mapping TQS Main...         Initializing Throttle Single Engine Start/Shutdown Routines...Done!
     Axis Mapping TQS Auxiliary...Done.
     Digital Aux Axis Mapping:
     Unmapping Microstick...Done.
...Done!
     Button Mapping:
        Shift Commands: S3 momentary...Done!
        Stick Buttons...Done!
     Init Trim for VR Users.
        Hat1 (Trim/Mouse)...         TQS Buttons......Done!
  HOTAS Cougar Mapping Complete.

Type 3 (Analog-Momentary) Airbrake Set.
        Brake Out = 1500
        Brake In  = 1500
Done.
DCS F-16C Viper Init Complete!
DCS F-16C MFD Defaults (0,0):
F-16C Viper Config Complete!

main returned 0

Edited by trigen

Been doing some more testing on the S3 and shutdown.

Sometimes pressing S3 above idle detent and then going down will not trigger shutdown until S3 is pressed. Sometimes it wont. Its somewhat random.

With both shutdown/startup options off in the profile it will still shut down and will start engines if S3 is pressed above idle.

Honestly though. Dont spend much time on this. When my stick lights up it seems to cause a total meltdown and buttons that works just fine before are just screwed. Need to sort this trough hardware. Ill look at the scripts but im guessing its a big job if even possible to turn off just the cougars grip.

Edit.

Managed to solve the HW issue with connecting 2 pins.

Edited by trigen

• 2 weeks later...

2.49 is released.

Change Log:

• Updated UH-1 and P-47 for DCS 2.5.6.53756.
  • P-47D: Applied Water Injection indication (Warthog Throttle LED1) for all holding and locking permutations (Warthog Throttle).
  • P-51D/I-16: Restricted WEP use to SC when Afterburner Detent not installed (Warthog Throttle).
  • F-14: Revised context sensitive Cage/AutoThrottle to be tied to logical Gear State with TEMPO to allow Cage while gear is down.
  • Updated Autopilot/Altitude Hold HOTAS mappings.
  • Added doubletap hold function to VR Zoom for S1.

Note: The S1 as VR Zoom on the F-14 is a trial run for what is likely to be a global routine for VR users in CTS 3.0. S1 default functions will be shifted for VR users. I intend to remove the H1U doubletap function in favor of S1. VR users please provide feedback.

Known Issues:

Very close to stack limits. If you receive a full stack error, report it ASAP.

P-47 gun safety switch toggle does not work (module side issue) H2U set to Arm discrete command for time being.

Updated bindings since 2.48: UH-1, P-47, F-14 (pilot kb)

Is S1 the first stage trigger? I had a brief play with the F-14 to test out, and couldn't figure out the new zoom. Is there somewhere in the references that lists the names of the buttons as you use them? I've had a look, but couldn't find anything. What little I know is from the profile JPGs, and has been inferred from other parts of the references.

BTW, S3+ H4U and H4D mapped still work great for VR zoom in the F-14 (but I've already made my opinion clear on that :D)

For me, H1U zoom wasn't practical in the slightest, so no problems seeing it go. Also, I don't know how others feel, but I'm not sure a hold function is needed, or even a good idea in VR because it may cause motion sickness. If it doesn't affect the dx limit, then by all means keep it in.

Secondly, I'm not sure if it's something on my end, or on Vaicom, but the bindings seem to have changed. On the F-16 and F/A-18, intercom is now S3+MSU. MSD in the F-14 hot toggles the Jester squelch sound, but he doesn't hear commands (they work fine on S3+MSD though). Don't have discrete ICS on.

I think this might have always been the case, but for the JF-17, Vaicom only sees comm 1 on any mode. I understand that comm 2 is largely used for D/L so no huge loss, but not having an intercom isn't ideal for MP. Also the dobber switch doesn't seem to work in the jet (enabled in values).

BTW, thanks for the F-5 updates! :beer:

S1 is the button on the right side of the stick (the MMCB in the A-10C). As for the nomenclature, this can be found in the Thrustmaster folder where each controller has a PDF that shows what the names are. Assuming you have TARGET installed to the default folder under C:\Program Files (x86), the PDFs are hyperlinked in the User Reference under the section near the beginning titled "Naming Conventions."

I didn't do any code changes to the F-16 or F/A-18, but VAICOM Intercom is set to DX30+DX21 (which can be keyed with S3+MSU if you use the DirectX PTT). CTS 3.0 will have dedicated, unmodified DirectX buttons for ICS and VAICOM ICS.

I"ll look at the JF-17, but I need more info. Do you have SRS and/or VAICOM enabled when you run the JF-17? Also, I assume you're using the Warthog Throttle and not the Cougar TQS, right?