POINT BLANK DCS GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION SETTINGS GUIDES - NVIDIA AND AMD

cronustr75

I've prepared this guide for my Youtube Channel "POINT BLANK" and tested all the settings with latest drivers one by one to see the effects on fps and stutter.

Don't forget we can make it better and better with feedbacks. I've got so many up to date and worked on it.:)

So many positive feedback received from facebook groups and youtube and I wanted to share this video here.

I've worked hard on it, in fact it is the second version and I'll upgrade and continue the series with DCS updates and major changes to the Nvidia drivers.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE TO THE CHANNEL NOT TO MISS THE UPCOMING VERSIONS.:thumbup:

V.2 for DCS 2.5.6;

FOR AMD DRIVERS and GPUS;

Edited by cronustr75
AMD Version added

Thanks for your hard work.

I assume this is aimed at playing in 2D as opposed to VR?

Thanks

Intel i7 8700K @ 5Ghz, Aorus Z370 Gaming5, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000MHz, Nvidia 3080Ti FE, Samsung 970 NVME, Samsung 512GB EVO SSD x 2, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2, Windows 11 x64, DCS Modules = FC3, A10c Warthog, F14 Tomcat, F18 Hornet, F16 Viper, Persian Gulf, Syria.

Thanks for your hard work.

I assume this is aimed at playing in 2D as opposed to VR?

Thanks

Thank you. In fact it covers the info about VR specigic settings and all the settings also effects for VR feed.

Please subscribe for later updates.

Nice video but... I hope you take this as feedback not just a criticism.

A lot of the settings you just say what you're setting it to and don't really explain why. You do for some but for many, you don't. These can simply be shown with a screenshot. It would be quicker and more convenient.

Video would be useful for actually showing the difference between the settings which you don't seem to do on this video. I thought this was what you were going to do as you said "tested" all the settings.

Nice video but... I hope you take this as feedback not just a criticism.

A lot of the settings you just say what you're setting it to and don't really explain why. You do for some but for many, you don't. These can simply be shown with a screenshot. It would be quicker and more convenient.

Video would be useful for actually showing the difference between the settings which you don't seem to do on this video. I thought this was what you were going to do as you said "tested" all the settings.

First version was a longer 34 minutes one explaining every single setting. Nobody watched, everyone explained how long it is. So, 99% of the people are requesting the result not the explanation.

Please subscribe to my channel for upcoming videos, I'm very happy you watched and gave your feedback. Thank you!

PUMP UP Your DCS! HELPS TO SOLVE DCS VIDEO STUTTERS and FPS DROPS - POINT BLANK

Hi guys,

This is another video from my Optimization Guide video and about a special Windows feature and setting.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE FOR LATER VIDEOS!

• ED Team

gpu scheduling gave me stutters with vive cosmos so be aware it does not work for everyone

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

gpu scheduling gave me stutters with vive cosmos so be aware it does not work for everyone

Some Reverb users reported it too. Thats anot issue with vr sets I think cause there are benchmarks in video for monitors and it is better. I'll investigate it.

Waiting for my Reverb G2.

First version was a longer 34 minutes one explaining every single setting. Nobody watched, everyone explained how long it is. So, 99% of the people are requesting the result not the explanation.

Please subscribe to my channel for upcoming videos, I'm very happy you watched and gave your feedback. Thank you!

Yes, when people mouse over a video and shows it's 34 minutes, most might not even click it.

But what I'm saying is that for what you are showing in that video, even 13 minutes is too long. People want videos that gets to the point. So maybe just post a screenshot of what your setting is. People can pause to see them. They don't have to actually see you clicking each settings.

And then say if they want more detailed explanation, watch the 34 minute video. And post the link. And in that 34 min video, post jump to each section at the description.

DCS GRAPHICS PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION SETTINGS GUIDE - POINT BLANK

Probably the issue there is that gpu scheduling has negative effects on motion smoothing.

Basically when the PC cannot handle 90fps there is an huge delay before the motion smoothing kicks in. That does not happen

without gpu scheduling.

With the oculus software which has the equivalent ASW also this doesn’t happen.

Anyway this can be mitigated forcing the motion smoothing always on for dcs or raising the vr pre-rendered frames number. Of course if you disable gpu scheduling the issue also disappears.

Probably future nvidia drivers will solve those issues

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽 Meta Quest 3  🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, F-15EX Throttle, MFG Crosswinds v3, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

When you stress your hw over its limits, all the features driven by sw drivers may result a big mess. Now I'm working on AMD RX 5700XT to prepare a video for AMD and I see thats to a point it works quiet good but after that everything is troubled.

Thats why Nvidia limited the feature for some series of cards but it needs optimization and maybe, it will always like this.

Game engine creates the stress on hw and it is very important. On some games, this feature works like a charm. Here it works for poerful hw quiet good but not for medium to light weight hw.

It is also related to preference. Some like motion smoothing or ASW. Some do not. And as VirusAM said, GPU scheduling may be related to motion smoothing so people who have motion smoothing off might not notice the issue with GPU scheduling.

This is why there's no one "recommended" setting. It all depends on the hardware, apps and mods you're running, and above all else, preference. Everyone needs to find their own.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for this detailed info. I noticed on YouTube you stated 2 months ago:

"Coming a video to solve STUTTERS, Uploading today!!!"

I dont really have FPS issues, but I am trying to work on fixing STUTTERING. Where is that video? Thanks,

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Hi guys,

This is another video from my Optimization Guide video and about a special Windows feature and setting.

PLEASE SUBSCRIBE FOR LATER VIDEOS!

Was this the Stuttering Video you were referring to? It seems to be?

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Ok Thanks, I did do that Windows Feature update and turn GPU Scheduling on, I have seen no difference at all with it on or off. Frame rates are not an issue, but the stuttering is and I have spent many hours trying many changes in NVIDIA Control Panel and DCS Graphics Options. I'm at a loss!

• 2 weeks later...

May people report stuttering gone after turning off USB hot plugging...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Is that a bios configuration? And what is the impact? Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...