F-14D with glass cockpit?

Jksmith0902

Any chance at all in getting a F-14D with glass cockpit. I would gladly pay an up-charge for the development. With the coming addition of the EuroFighter and with already having the Hornet, Viper, and Thunder. With having the later version of the TomCat/BombCat would allow for the F-14 to be utilized in both cold war scenarios as well as modern without feeling left behind technologically.

They don't have enough available information in the public to build a D model. So most unlikely.

Tomcats pretty competitive tho I find in the MP world...It's king in BVR and holds its own in WVR. It's really only let down by a lack of SA and an ok IF system and a larger learning curve, but having a real person in the back helps alleviate the first 2 a lot. Which is pretty true to form for the real thing as well.

I think the upcoming Typhoon will outclass everything in DCS, esp if they build a Tranche 2 or 3 version.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
One of the things that attracts me to the F-14 is the fact that it DOESN"T have a glass cockpit.

Agreed:)

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

We'll have the Super Tomcat someday. It'll just be a long time.

With having the later version of the TomCat/BombCat would allow for the F-14 to be utilized in both cold war scenarios as well as modern without feeling left behind technologically.

Bombcat in a Cold War scenario would be an anachronism.

We'll have the Super Tomcat someday. It'll just be a long time.

Bombcat in a Cold War scenario would be an anachronism.

Not unless we (the US) get real chummy with Iran. The "D" FCS documentation is going to stay classified for a while.

Not unless we (the US) get real chummy with Iran. The "D" FCS documentation is going to stay classified for a while.

Doesn't the F-14D use a DFCS where Iranian F-14As use the original analog system? I don't think Iran has the capability to reverse engineer such a complex system from documents alone. Just as they can't reproduce the AIM-54 from open-source data.

F/A-18C; A-10C; F-14B; Mirage 2000C; A-4E; F-16C; Flaming Cliffs 3

Unfortunately, we won't get either. From what I understand, what's classified on the F-14D is the functionality of the IRST, and while Heatblur could move forward without it that specific system, they cannot get redacted copies or something. The F-14B(U), they cannot get documentation that covers all of the menus in the RIO's PTID and they'd rather not guess.

If given the choice between the D and B(U), I'd take the D to round out the family.

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png

If given the choice between the D and B(U), I'd take the D to round out the family.

Im fine not getting the f14d, I really don't care for yet another glass cockpit.

If we were to have one variant and one variant only, it would be the -A model

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

There are many good excuses. That isn't one of them. It would be difficult, at best, for Iran to use some information from a game to add a digital FLCS, upgrade an AWG-9 to ANAPG-71, F110 GE engines, etc etc. And difficult left.

F-14D would be great to have and what I want most of all. F-14B(U) would be an acceptable second best. Ideally, we can have them all at some point. I would buy a sequel module from HB that had F-14D and F-14B(U).

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

...F-14D would be great to have and what I want most of all. F-14B(U) would be an acceptable second best. Ideally, we can have them all at some point. I would buy a sequel module from HB that had F-14D and F-14B(U).

I agree, whole-heartedly! :thumbsup:

--=_Flying Since LOMAC_=--

I also wanna get F-14B(U) with Sparrowhawk HUD and PTID and F-14D.

However, the Heatblur said many times, under the current circumstances, it is still inadequate data to rebuild advanced sensors for F-14B, D(including PTID) unless someday the situation changes.

I'd like DFCS and a modern HUD...don't care about a glass cockpit.

But i can understand the Heatblur would like to go to the D route if they will get the info, and not the B with updated hud....

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

Was the DFCS a hybrid system or a true FBW for the Tomcat?

DFCS is not fly-by-wire system.

The DFCS will replace the analog stability augmentation system and autopilot in the F-14A/B/D, while utilizing the hydromechanical flight copntrol systems already in place.

Source from HOME OF MATS.

Edited by Sonoda Umi

All I want is DFCS. I hate having to be so active on the rudders in a jet. Not even a matter of fly-by-wire or conventional controls; my most flown module is the F-5. But the Tomcat's Dutch Roll and adverse/proverse yaw is a pain.

Ya you hate having to actually fly the plane...got it.:doh:

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

We'll sooner or later have a D but may not atthe neat future,just think how long we've been waiting for this module since Fleet Defender.

But true,wish we could soon have a digital AGP-71 with even all interface are remains the same as of A.