VR IMPROVEMENTS - Page 15 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 07:52 PM   #141
Icebeat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryzor View Post
I tried it, in PG cities turning "true" this parameter improve VR performance for me, but only a bit (but enough to maintain stable 45 FPS over Dubai); With this parameter set on default "false", FPS are under 45 fps most times.

However, at VR edges on HDM there are some slights graphical glithes, like mountains disappearing suddenly when you look around. I heard in others forums that with single pass rendering in VR it could pass from 30 fps to stable 90 fps, so lets hope to see some light in the end of tunnel. :-)
The graphical glitches should be caused because they are using a simple camera frustum instead of the combined from the two cameras.
Icebeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 11:31 PM   #142
RustBelt

Quote:
Originally Posted by imacken View Post
Yep, that would be excellent. How would we input to the kneepad though?
I was just thinking about this. What about a Kneepad with the "digitizing" pens. So you have your actual Kneepad you look down at and write on, and you see it in VR because it's digitizing what you're writing on the pad. No need to pull a magicians peek around the nose piece or anything. It just gets recreated in game.
RustBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 08:28 AM   #143
Mr_sukebe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustBelt View Post
I was just thinking about this. What about a Kneepad with the "digitizing" pens. So you have your actual Kneepad you look down at and write on, and you see it in VR because it's digitizing what you're writing on the pad. No need to pull a magicians peek around the nose piece or anything. It just gets recreated in game.
Interesting idea.
Maybe a Wacom unit could be used to write into the scratchpad that was recently released as a mod.
Old 01-19-2019, 06:03 PM   #144
Harlikwin
Veteran

You could use your finger with a capto glove.
Old 01-24-2019, 02:16 AM   #145
Gryzor

Just to inform...

Using graphics.lua "stereo_mode_use_shared_parser" set to true, give me a boost in VR of 20% more performance, appart some screen border glitches. In addition, you have to set disabled "blur engines" options, so this engine blur is only is rendered in one eye.

Another positive point of this parameter, is that in VR no more cloud flickering are noticed.

Please devs, appart of VR optimization that sure you have planned, could we have some optimization just to improve VR a bit? like single pass rendering for example? thanks

Last edited by Gryzor; 01-24-2019 at 07:15 PM.
Gryzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:43 AM   #146
Supmua

FYI, regarding the odyssey plus, it just has an extra layer of filter on the screen. The resolution is the exact same as the old one but the resulting image is slightly blurred because of this light filter which gets rids of SDE at the expense of sharpness. There is nothing magic about it, and hence the same price point. Some people love it but others don’t like the blurriness. Link below:

https://youtu.be/Ji0n9cvkEak

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Throttles: TMWx2
VR: HTC Vive/Pro/Oculus Rift/Valve Index.
Supmua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 03:13 AM   #147
FragBum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebeat View Post
Actually, if you look around the edges of the screen, the image is very blurry and only on the center (sweet spot) the image is well defined, this is why in VR you move your head to watch around and not only your eyes (as in real life). In Oculus this sweet spot is bigger than Vive and Vive Pro.
But you get to a point when you have to just roll the eyes a bit more to pick up a reference object and it is natural to do so.

TBH Rift drops sharpness towards the edges I get that but it seems much worse in DCS rendering and it seems deliberately so.

Try leaning forward and check an instrument up close the "blur" effect is so much lower as you move your head and look at the instrument towards the edge of VR screen at close range then it is even sitting back up. It just seems to be a fudge in DCS rendering. It shouldn't be that bad.

It will really be an issue when we get decent FOV and hopefully eye tracking may help. Mind you what happens when you deliberately cross your eyes or look left with left eye and right with the other what will the tracking software make of that.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.
FragBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:01 PM   #148
Sniper175

Quote:
Just to inform...

Using graphics.lua "stereo_mode_use_shared_parser" set to true, give me a boost in VR of 20% more performance, appart some screen border glitches. In addition, you have to set disabled "blur engines" options, so this engine blur is only is rendered in one eye.

Another positive point of this parameter, is that in VR no more cloud flickering are noticed.

Please devs, appart of VR optimization that sure you have planned, could we have some optimization just to improve VR a bit? like single pass rendering for example? thanks
Spot on I have good improvement as well.

What are you talking about in regards to blur engines?

Last edited by Sniper175; 01-24-2019 at 10:05 PM.
Sniper175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 10:31 PM   #149
VirusAM

Send a message via MSN to VirusAM

Quote:
Just to inform...

Stereo_mode_use_shared_parser...Is it a new option from the last patch?
What is blur engines?never seen it
Single pass stereo gave a nice boost in p3d...hope dcs does the same
I7-9900K @5.1 GHz | 32gb DDR4 Ram 3200MHz| GeForce GTX1080ti modded with Liquid Cooling |SSDs | Virpil WarBrd + F18 Stick | Fssb R3 Lighting + TM-f16 Stick | MFG Crosswind | Oculus Rifs S | OpenTrack + Ps3Eye | Samsung CH3270 32" 2560x1440 QLED Monitor | Speedmaster Flight Seat
VirusAM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:08 PM   #150
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirusAM View Post
Stereo_mode_use_shared_parser...Is it a new option from the last patch?
What is blur engines?never seen it
Single pass stereo gave a nice boost in p3d...hope dcs does the same
No its in the graphics.lua file. I have no clue where that file lives tho

Tags
vr improvements