WINWING F/A-18C HOTAS 2019.9.30 RELEASE

Here's a video of the soft cam in place with 2x heavy springs.

kd4VcIeRLds

Hard to tell, but it looks like as the bearing approaches center, one cam is still higher than the other, causing the bearing to make hard contact with the corner of the other cam? "CLICK"

Edited by Wmacky

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to tell, but it looks like as the bearing approaches center, one cam is still higher than the other, causing the bearing to make hard contact with the corner of the other cam? "CLICK"

The click is from the Center Stop Device, it is a metal pin behind the spring that hits the block to stop the cam from moving when the bearing transitions from one cam to another. This is the adjustment that takes a lot of fine tuning. To much "stop" and the bearing doesnt contact the cam at all leaving a slack center detent. To little and the bearing strikes the corner of the cam on its return to center.

Twitch2DCS - Bring twitch chat into DCS.

SplashOneGaming.com - Splash One is a community built on combat flight simulation. S1G Discord

twitch / youtube / facebook / twitter / discord

That adjustment must be even more critical with the hard cams, if its even possible to smooth out the hard ones with that big gap/valley between the cams. It looks like a strong design though, that only needs some new cam tweaking.

I am impressed with the whole design of both the stick and throttle for a brand new product, right out of the gate. I have to keep telling myself not to get distracted and CNC a new cam. I am having flashbacks to my days at Colt teaching about sear surfaces and hammer camming.

I was going to build my own base mechanics for the Warthog, but now I'm thinking I may just purchase Winwings set-up

Thanks for the post Jabbers,

Miles

Edited by MilesD

Now shipping up to website Pre-Order Form date 2022/05/15

Pre-Order  Form Submission https://pointctrl.com/preorder-form/

PointCTRL Support Discord https://discord.gg/jH5FktJ

PintCTRL Website https://pointctrl.com/

PointCTRLsmall.jpg

Might be interested in the Throttle if they ever make it available by itself.

I need my detents and it has them.

Nice Vid Jabbers!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Has anyone else been seeking information on mounting this HOTAS in a flight cockpit like this https://shop.volairsim.com/Volair-Sim-Flight-Racing-Sim-Cockpit-VS-01-2.htm ? I can not find any demensions on the Winwing websight for the throttle base. I noticed it does not have holes on the bottom to screw it in place. My main concern is the throttle height as it seems pretty tall even with lowering my Volair Sim throttle panel to its lowest. I am very interested in purchasing this, but am concerned about installation in my Volair Sim cockpit. Also, does the joystick mount have holes on the bottom for screwing this down? Or am I basically going to be using Velcro on throttle and stick securing?

@Maxter737 - I have that game chair and I think the throttle will likely need a custom base with rubber feet to stay put on the floor. I think the box on the bottom will likely make the throttle very close to the right height.

I suspect I will create new holes and add a 2x12 cut to size with some rubber on one side. I might also be able to use one of the existing table arms to attach to the side of the box to keep the module from sliding around.

:pilotfly: Specs: I9-9900k; ROG Strix RTX 2080ti; Valve Index HMD; 32GB DDR4 3200 Ram; Samsung 970 EVO 1TB SSD; TM Warthog with pedals, 3 TM MFDs

There was talk of the pre-order pricing being re-opened for 3 days after the reviewers got their devices. Any word on when exactly this is going to happen?

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

There was talk of the pre-order pricing being re-opened for 3 days after the reviewers got their devices. Any word on when exactly this is going to happen?

Good question. Thought it was re-opened as the main page says $799, but adding it to the cart, it's $899.

Maybe they're waiting for an actual review to be posted (and not just unboxing videos)?

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I guess it's reopened since a few days ago and it's still on ($799?), but not sure for how long.

Nope it is still $899 in the online shop right now.

Intel i7 13700K @ 5.3 GHz / ASUS TUF Gaming Z490-Plus / 64 Gb G.Skill DDR4-3600 / RTX 4090 / 2TB Kingston KC3000 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / Pimax Crystal / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AJS-37, AV-8B, F-4E, F-5E, F-14, F-15E, F-16, F/A-18C, F-86F, FC3, Christen Eagle 2, FW190D-9, Mosquito, P-47D, P-51D, Spitfire, AH-64D, KA-50, UH-1H

Combined Arms, WWII Asset Pack, China Assets Pack, Super Carrier, Falklands Assets

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel, Syria, Mariana Islands, South Atlantic, Sinai

Nope it is still $899 in the online shop right now.

Yeah, you're right. I've edited my post after checking it and before I saw your answer. The front page is showing $799, but the price is actually $899.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Anyone?

Have sold of some unneeded stuff I've collected over the years and can probably afford to jump back on board, but timing is critical when there is only a 3 day window

Anyone?

Have sold of some unneeded stuff I've collected over the years and can probably afford to jump back on board, but timing is critical when there is only a 3 day window

At this time the discount is NOT being applied at check-out, so it's just a waiting game I think.

Ryzen 9 3900X @4.6Ghz | ASUS STRIX ROG 570-F Gaming | 32GB HyperX Predator HX432C16PB3AK2-16 DDR4-3200 | Corsair Force MP600 1TB (OS and Games) | MSI 3090 Gaming X Trio | HP Reverb G2

At this time the discount is NOT being applied at check-out, so it's just a waiting game I think.

Yeah kinda hoping someone official will pop in and tell us when the 3 day period is likely to start, as it is a fairly small window.

Any updates on pre-order delivery progress? does anyone have an idea why are they holding pre-orders?

From Facebook today

Hi everyone!Official news here.

First batch of the pre-order is now ready to ship out.but we are having a hard time to decide which cam should be out factory setting. we understand hard center cam are close to real thing but for desktop sim, the soft center cam seems to be more suitable. that was the reason that we had a vote from your guys, the result was in favor for hard centering cam.

The feed back from youtuber/streamers indicated the soft centercam seems to be better for desktop simulation, so no dead zone, no loose feel of the center, no prominet center detend. Soft cam seems to be more useful in dogfight, AAR and formation flight.

So we made a decision. All pre-order hotas will be shipping out with soft cam as default, and this time we will adjust cam and spring to make sure it "feels right" before it went out.And we will give the hard cam as free giveaways too. The free giveaway will end in future but ETA.

Due to this change, there will be a slight deley on the shipping.

We will try to complete the adjustment within a week.By the way, the order/pre-order after 15th,Sep should be deliver in later Nov, Second batch.and thank you for your patience and support from the very beginning.

We`re almost there !

I would still include both cams with the device so users at least can make a choice without having to order extra parts.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I would still include both cams with the device so users at least can make a choice without having to order extra parts.

But that's exactly what they plan to do until further notice.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.