Why can't we bail out ?

jfri

Last I tried I could bail out any plane at any speed. Perhaps ED added a feature that prevents bailout at high speeds?

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

I have noticed that it is not possible to bail out in flight. Why ? There is a command bail out and other planes in my group can tell me they are ejecting.

(this also apply to the BF109)

A description of what you are doing to initiate a bailout would help?

3 times? Btw, It is not necessary to jettison the canopy first.

Fox

LCtrl e e e right ?

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

• ED Team

bailing out fine here, can you add a short track replay showing the problem?

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I have a button assigned to it

Is the button generating the CTL e three times?

I have a hunch that the CTL key is only being genrerated once and not held for the next eee's.

Have you compared it to actually selecting the keyboard CTL e?

Haven't flown the Spit in a while but don't you need to open the side door as well as the canopy to bail out?

iBqGz8aMaTpoQPRQULJMm7r9bPWZjfYUu_lCv2LA1vNb_Cot1OhlC7Pt1a6DIIJS5GH39x68GX_4W-Bw3BPjKaMTv6gkyTUbNe_0I6rPZrpRsUc7je0bxhKu

No, you just need to press eject button 3 times in row

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

Well yesterday I was finally able to bail out. And my strong impression was that I needed to press the button far more than three times

Problem is that you need to hold LCtrl and press "e" 3 times, i don't know how it works when you assign one button for this, maybe here lies the problem

So LCtrl act like modifier not like at button in that case.

I always spam this bind until i eject :P

Edited by grafspee

Is the button generating the CTL e three times?

I have a hunch that the CTL key is only being genrerated once and not held for the next eee's.

Have you compared it to actually selecting the keyboard CTL e?

No instead I press the button three times

<LCTRL> is a modifier key. This has nothing to do with Windows™ but that it is per default defined as a modifier under Option => Controls => Spitfire => Modifiers

Modifiers must be pressed first, which is also only logical. Also, there is no point in trying to press them simultaneously.

Press and hold the modifier <LCTRL> and then the modified key, in this case <E>, three times.

You can assign a binding which does or does not require a modifier, but you still have to press the key/button/switch -- modified or not -- 3 times quickly.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1