Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

2 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

I had a similar issues recently and it turned out that they start working after a couple of minutes.

Oh. That's great news then.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

1 hour ago, CORMAC ogaruu said:

On the mission with the 6 FARPS neither of them could be tuned into.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

Shame...

Really no idea why that's the case. Do I need different sound files? Do I need to include any delays? Do I, do I, do I...?

I've tried multiple things out and did it according to some good old tutorial and for some reason they stopped working at some point. Must've had been some DCS update along the line, I guess.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Two Towns is one of my favourite missions, but there is still a major FPS drop right around the bullseye. I wonder if it is the smoke or the ground troops that have the highest performance impact. 
It got to the stage that a dogfight was unplayable, with stutters that made me run for the hills.

Edited by NELLUS

DEVILS - COLD WAR AVIATORS

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

52 minutes ago, NELLUS said:

Two Towns is one of my favourite missions, but there is still a major FPS drop right around the bullseye. I wonder if it is the smoke or the ground troops that have the highest performance impact. 
It got to the stage that a dogfight was unplayable, with stutters that made me run for the hills.

There is not more ground units than in other missions so I think it's the smoke.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, NELLUS said:

I noticed the Red arty was constantly shooting at Kareli on Tacview. Maybe that could be the source ? 

Desktop Screenshot 2021.06.06 - 02.26.06.50 (2).png

Edited by ConkersBFD

1 hour ago, NELLUS said:

Whatever the cause is, it's in Kareli. Agara is fine, but as soon as you look towards the middle of Kareli (especially from the north) it chugs, even my new PC struggles with it but my old one would just lock up.

I don't know what it is but it's only been noticeable to me for maybe 6-12 months. Before that, the mission ran fine even on the old PC, which was pretty close to the minimum for DCS.

Server News:

Operation Two Towns:

- The warehouses are fine so it was a DCS bug not allowing Red pilots to take their missiles.

- Both Red and Blue artillery's advanced options were corrected. They'll stop shooting pointlessly and probably causing FPS drop.

- Instead of 8 smoke effects it's now 5. No fire, just smoke.

- Added triggers making the server rotate once the objectives have been completed. This was never the case as it says that in the briefing so no bug was there in that regard.

- Briefing adjusted.

- Deleted some old and unnecessary triggers that were merely there to add some battle effects at the bullseye.

- Hope this improves the game's performance for you all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

4 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

Operation Two Towns:

- The warehouses are fine so it was a DCS bug not allowing Red pilots to take their missiles.

- Both Red and Blue artillery's advanced options were corrected. They'll stop shooting pointlessly and probably causing FPS drop.

- Instead of 8 smoke effects it's now 5. No fire, just smoke.

- Added triggers making the server rotate once the objectives have been completed. This was never the case as it says that in the briefing so no bug was there in that regard.

- Briefing adjusted.

- Deleted some old and unnecessary triggers that were merely there to add some battle effects at the bullseye.

- Hope this improves the game's performance for you all.

that mean Tac Commander has firing abilities now?

19 minutes ago, GeneralMav24 said:

that mean Tac Commander has firing abilities now?

Not sure I understand what you mean. The artillery units are out of the cmdr's reach in Two Towns.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

In the Two Towns mission, the artillery units were attacking not only the enemy tank units but also our PCs. I'm really glad that these improvements have been made.

I hope to see these improved in the next time.

Phantom Forever

F-4EJ / F-4EJ Kai 1971-2021

Sorry, I don't speak English, so I use DeepL Translate. Well, I can speak Japanese.

To begin with I really enjoy flying at your server, your missions are the best!
I just flew the F14 in the "When The Mountains Cry"-mission. After I parked my plane (Vinziani, not on the runway) and left the server to re-install SRS, I could not hop into the F14 again a few minutes later. Not sure what I did wrong, maybe it was counted as a loss? How am I supposed to do next time for this not to happen again?

i9 9900K | GTX 1080 8GB | 64GB DDR4 3200Hz | Tir Pro + ProClip

3 hours ago, lilleplutt said:

To begin with I really enjoy flying at your server, your missions are the best!
I just flew the F14 in the "When The Mountains Cry"-mission. After I parked my plane (Vinziani, not on the runway) and left the server to re-install SRS, I could not hop into the F14 again a few minutes later. Not sure what I did wrong, maybe it was counted as a loss? How am I supposed to do next time for this not to happen again?

You parked the F-14 at the airbase. That's it. Just make sure it comes to a complete stop.

Edited by Alpenwolf

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

* Operation The Tunb Identity has been removed from the server:

I kind of thought this might happen while designing the mission but I couldn't just leave the mission unfinished. The distances to cover for helicopters over nothing but waters makes it boring and in addition very risky. Not sure there's much I could do to make it better. I can't just remove the sea or move the islands around!

* Operation Sail Ahoy! and operation Swedish Delivery are undergoing some investigating. That means I need to see what I could improve there and if aircraft limiting is possible or not. If the FARP's are up to date or not. If the ships' waypoints in Sail Ahoy! are still working or not, etc.

One of the two missions will hopefully be put back online once the reworking/redesigning is done.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, Shadow KT said:

By the way, were you planning on disabling the cheat fire solution for CA ?

I did it through the CA options as shown by you in your CA thread. Is it still on?!

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

I did it through the CA options as shown by you in your CA thread. Is it still on?!

I played on Two Town the other day and it was active. Did you re-save your missions with that setting disabled ?

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

2 minutes ago, Shadow KT said:

I played on Two Town the other day and it was active. Did you re-save your missions with that setting disabled ?

Yes, all of them. "Compute Firing Solution" is unchecked.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Server News:

- The RB-24J has been removed from all missions.

- The RB-75A reduced in numbers in all missions.

The AJS37 has been bugged for a while and things are just getting out of hand with it, especially after DCS 2.7. In time more players have learnd to exploit these bugs to get an over performance out of the Viggen. There are multiple bug reports in the Viggen's section and it doesn't look like Heatblur is making any noticeable progress. Removing the Viggen from the server just because of that is not the way. Restricting some of its weapons to counter the bugs a bit is not the best solution but little choices I have. Note that DCS and third party bugs are never an easy problem to deal with and obviously out of my control.

• Like 5

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

4 hours ago, LoneS said:

I didn't see any fire solution in a while. Maybe was it just one mission?

Could be, I haven't played much in a while... just that one Two Towns mission a couple of days ago... or was it a week now 😄

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

On 6/7/2021 at 7:00 AM, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

* Operation The Tunb Identity has been removed from the server:

I kind of thought this might happen while designing the mission but I couldn't just leave the mission unfinished. The distances to cover for helicopters over nothing but waters makes it boring and in addition very risky. Not sure there's much I could do to make it better. I can't just remove the sea or move the islands around!

I love the scenario, but you're right 20 mins in a Huey over the ocean isn't the most fun I've had on this server... But at least we have a USMC skin!

How about the same scenario in the Caucasus map or somewhere along the Iranian coast? With a blue invaded red scenario? or vice versa in the Oman area?

Love your work Alpenwolf. It's a fantastic server and it's much appreciated.

• Like 3

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

Hello all!

i hope i am not retreading tired ground here - but has there been any consideration for adding the community A4E module to the server? it would be a shoe in for the ERA and has become a *very* good module.

additionally there are arrangements to ensure that not everyone who joins the server would need to have the mod installed - so no worries for those that dont have it.

last feature to this would be to open up some opportunity for new cold warriors as the module is free.

Hello all!

i hope i am not retreading tired ground here - but has there been any consideration for adding the community A4E module to the server? it would be a shoe in for the ERA and has become a *very* good module.

additionally there are arrangements to ensure that not everyone who joins the server would need to have the mod installed - so no worries for those that dont have it.

last feature to this would be to open up some opportunity for new cold warriors as the module is free.
There has been. As a free mod, the answer was no. As a paid module, most definitely. I'm paraphrasing an earlier post by Alpenwolf. Search for a4 or A-4 or A-4E-C in this forum and you'll find the post I'm referring to.

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using Tapatalk

Cad bombele din mine ca apa din cascada