Cold War 1947 - 1991

Alpenwolf

1 hour ago, Alpenwolf said:

The clouds are a new thing in DCS so I'm playing with them here and there in all missions. That's all. Having a cloud layer so close to the surface of the earth just to force players to fly higher isn't the way to do it and I never claimed that.

Surprisingly enough, I saw players flying higher than in any other mission in the currently offline mission, Sukhumi - The Beginning. No SAM's of any type included but loads of AAA's and R-55's vs AIM-9B's (GAR-8's) only. I think the absence or SAM sites makes it more comfortable to fly higher without having your RWR going nuts as it is e.g. in the MiG-21. Maybe the absence of R-3R's encourages F-5's and F-86's to also fly higher in that mission than anywhere else.

The mission needs to undergo some changes because having a WWll German tank acting as a Soviet one to counter the Sherman on the Blue side feels weird. We're getting more and more units for the Combined Arms module, which is great, but they're bloody uncontrollable which is such a downer. The M60 has finally received new textures after 15 years if not longer so one can only hope it becomes controllable soon among other units as well.

I can wait...

That's an interesting take on that, thanks for sharing and for your work on the server. 😄

Seems like Blue units on Fight Island (right now) have not spawned.

Or Red wiped them out, but seeing how Red have not reached the airfield yet.... I am doubtful.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

2 hours ago, Shadow KT said:

Seems like Blue units on Fight Island (right now) have not spawned.

Or Red wiped them out, but seeing how Red have not reached the airfield yet.... I am doubtful.

Su-25T's and Ka-50's did a good job.

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

The painted eyes, while looking cool don't help with spotting Lol. In the middle of the fight I lose sight of one of the F-5's and try to make a run for it only to be re-engaged.

Edited by CrazyGman
  • Like 2

Any chance of getting Coordinates of FARPs in mission brief? I was just on the "Open Range" and had no idea where I was starting from and couldn't see any indication on the map like I've seen in previous missions on the server.

I love the navigating aspect of the server, but I need to know where I'm starting from!

• Like 1

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

1 hour ago, Grievo said:

Any chance of getting Coordinates of FARPs in mission brief? I was just on the "Open Range" and had no idea where I was starting from and couldn't see any indication on the map like I've seen in previous missions on the server.

I love the navigating aspect of the server, but I need to know where I'm starting from!

Yeah some missions don't have Farp on F10 map anymore. I don't think it is intentional. What I usually do in this case is quickly hop in a Jtac slot and put a mark on the F10 map to show where the Farp is (you need Combined Arms to do so though) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grievo said:

Yes, and they should have working ARK frequencies so we can tune in to find it when coming home.

Edited by CORMAC ogaruu
  • Like 1

Cad bombele din mine ca apa din cascada

5 hours ago, Grievo said:

Just press F10 and there's the FARP. Unless you're telling me we're dealing with yet another bug. Please don't -__-

3 hours ago, CORMAC ogaruu said:

Yes, and they should have working ARK frequencies so we can tune in to find it when coming home.

In some missions ARC frequencies are available. For whatever reason they work when I test them through ME or start a quick server through multiplayer. But once the mission goes online the ARC frequencies don't work any more. The has been the case for at least 1.5 years so I stopped adding frequencies to the FARP's. Really frustrating.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

57 minutes ago, Alpenwolf said:

Just press F10 and there's the FARP. Unless you're telling me we're dealing with yet another bug. Please don't -__-

I feel so bad for saying so.

But they don't appear anymore in some missions 😓

• Like 3

In some missions ARC frequencies are available. For whatever reason they work when I test them through ME or start a quick server through multiplayer. But once the mission goes online the ARC frequencies don't work any more. The has been the case for at least 1.5 years so I stopped adding frequencies to the FARP's. Really frustrating.
I've read somewhere that some sounds need to be added for them to work? Either for the FARP ARKs or for the Mi8 CTLD beacons, I forget which. Also I do love dropping beacons in the Mi8. It's a damn pity. I enjoy navigating. It's why I fell in love with the 21. You can literally go anywhere without opening F10 once on Caucasus. Or doing the mark knee board hack

Sent from my Lenovo YT-X705F using Tapatalk

Cad bombele din mine ca apa din cascada

just a question:
Is it an oversight that there are no Su-25T slots in the "Phone Booth" map mission?
Someone wanted to play Phone Booth and fly one but made me aware that only Grachs are available, not Ts.

If it is an era/version consideration I am sure weapon availablity could mitigate that, imho ofc.

33 minutes ago, rogorogo said:

just a question:
Is it an oversight that there are no Su-25T slots in the "Phone Booth" map mission?
Someone wanted to play Phone Booth and fly one but made me aware that only Grachs are available, not Ts.

If it is an era/version consideration I am sure weapon availablity could mitigate that, imho ofc.

The Su-25 feels more suitable than the T. Besides, we're getting the Su-17 at some point so I had to start getting rid of some Su-25T's.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Alpenwolf:

The Su-25 feels more suitable than the T. Besides, we're getting the Su-17 at some point so I had to start getting rid of some Su-25T's.

all good, just asking - and this is a very prudent decision.

Server News:

Operation Open Range:

- Added TACAN unit next to the Blue FARP - 14 X callsign: FARP (check out the briefing under frequencies for it)

As you all know, Mi-8's need 2 crates to unpack a KUB site while UH-1's need 4 for a Hawk. Therefore, I've changed the number of launchers in all missions as follows:

- In some missions a KUB site has 2 launchers (6 missiles) while a Hawk site has 4 launchers (12 missiles).

- In some missions a KUB site has 3 launchers (9 missiles) while a Hawk site has 5-6 launchers (15-18 missiles).

- In some missions the maximum number of deployed KUB sites is less than that of Hawk sites by 1.

- This should make Mi-8's go for another run and get a crate for an ammo truck if they want their KUB's to be more effective.

- It is an asymmetrical balance, I know. And I'm mostly in favour of asymmetry as that's how it's supposed to be otherwise it'd be too monotonous 😉

Edited by Alpenwolf
  • Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

2 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

Server News:

Operation Open Range:

- Added TACAN unit next to the Blue FARP - 14 X callsign: FARP (check out the briefing under frequencies for it)

Thanks for the quick response Alpenwolf, but I don’t think Hueys can use TACAN? 

• Like 1

i7-9700F, 32Gb RAM, RTX 2080 Super, HP Reverb G2.

10 hours ago, ConkersBFD said:

I feel so bad for saying so.

But they don't appear anymore in some missions 😓

I've had the same problem. Sometimes there's a orange map marker. I also can't see airport (or farp) resources when in a pilot slot, and when rearming it don't show available ordnance quantity. Maybe it's a local problem for a few players?

• Like 1

Huey. Intel X5660 4,2ghz, 24gb ddr3, gtx 1060 6gb

AJS37. Cyborg evo

Yak 52. Opentrack ir

KA-50

P-47

6 hours ago, Grievo said:

Thanks for the quick response Alpenwolf, but I don’t think Hueys can use TACAN? 

It's been mainly added for F-5's actually. There are so many landmarks that a slow and low flying aircraft such as  the Huey could use to help with navigating. In some missions, e.g. Hold The Line, the terrain lacks significant landmarks and the distances to fly are long. Therefore, ARC frequencies were added.

2 hours ago, Rover said:

I've had the same problem. Sometimes there's a orange map marker. I also can't see airport (or farp) resources when in a pilot slot, and when rearming it don't show available ordnance quantity. Maybe it's a local problem for a few players?

It's a known bug and ED is working on it.

• Like 2

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You could always add CTLD beacons trough ME.

-- Creates a radio beacon on a random UHF - VHF and HF/FM frequency for homing
-- This WILL NOT WORK if you dont add beacon.ogg and beaconsilent.ogg to the mission!!!
-- e.g. ctld.createRadioBeaconAtZone("beaconZone","red", 1440,"Waypoint 1") will create a beacon at trigger zone "beaconZone" for the Red side
-- that will last 1440 minutes (24 hours ) and named "Waypoint 1" in the list of radio beacons

• Like 1

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

On 6/3/2021 at 6:10 PM, F16wannabe said:

Cool video 🙂 btw, that was me in that F-5 you shot first xD.  

Maybe this question has already been answered but, is the A-4 coming anytime soon on this great server ?

++

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Comox said:

Cool video 🙂 btw, that was me in that F-5 you shot first xD.  

Maybe this question has already been answered but, is the A-4 coming anytime soon on this great server ?

++

Yeah, the question was asked multiple times, but no worries. As a mod, no. If it ever becomes a module, SURE!

• Thanks 1

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

18 hours ago, Alpenwolf said:

I had a similar issues recently and it turned out that they start working after a couple of minutes.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days