[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

1 hour ago, tomeye said:

Installed 2.7.5 and I get the below error

The sound module does not start with the following error in evtx

Not sure it can be related to 2.7.5 install.
what is Sound Module version?

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi folks

I recently got a buttkicker and I'm looking to integrate it. From reading the forums I gather, that what I need to do (for the best experience) is use SSA + the sound module. The Simshaker.com site seems to be down however, so I'm not sure how to get the sound module. Any ideas? 

Edited by modsat

On 3/30/2024 at 11:36 PM, =Andre= said:

Not sure it can be related to 2.7.5 install.
what is Sound Module version?

I was running beta 2.40 but I moved to stable and it launches the sound module.

I still get the error is SSA beta.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

1 hour ago, tomeye said:

I was running beta 2.40 but I moved to stable and it launches the sound module.

I still get the error is SSA beta.

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Please email me the settings file "\Documents\SimShaker for Aviators\Soundmodule.cfg"

I will try to reproduce the issue in my end.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!---->
<App_Settings>
  <Enable_Log Value="False" />
  <License Key="removed" />
  <Nic Address="" />
  <NicNum Value="0" />
  <Activation_Method Value="1" />
  <Prenumerata_ Value="" />
  <Info_123 Value="" />
  <Enable_ASIO_Audio Value="False" />
  <Selected_Audio_Device Value="{0.0.0.00000000}.{aa462063-416c-4ac1-a536-0a4baf63eb38}" />
  <Selected_Max_Audio_Channels Number="2" />
  <Enable_Compressor Value="False" />
  <Enable_Booster Value="True" />
  <Compressor_Factor Value="0,8" />
  <Boost Value="1,1" />
  <Num Value="0" />
  <Start_Minimized Value="True" />
  <Hide_When_Minimized Value="False" />
  <Check_For_Updates Value="True" />
  <Enable_Couples Value="True" />
  <Surround_ Value="True" />
  <Channels_Mask Value="3" />
</App_Settings>

3 hours ago, tomeye said:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!---->
<App_Settings>
  <Enable_Log Value="False" />
  <License Key="removed" />
  <Nic Address="" />
  <NicNum Value="0" />
  <Activation_Method Value="1" />
  <Prenumerata_ Value="" />
  <Info_123 Value="" />
  <Enable_ASIO_Audio Value="False" />
  <Selected_Audio_Device Value="{0.0.0.00000000}.{aa462063-416c-4ac1-a536-0a4baf63eb38}" />
  <Selected_Max_Audio_Channels Number="2" />
  <Enable_Compressor Value="False" />
  <Enable_Booster Value="True" />
  <Compressor_Factor Value="0,8" />
  <Boost Value="1,1" />
  <Num Value="0" />
  <Start_Minimized Value="True" />
  <Hide_When_Minimized Value="False" />
  <Check_For_Updates Value="True" />
  <Enable_Couples Value="True" />
  <Surround_ Value="True" />
  <Channels_Mask Value="3" />
</App_Settings>

Thank you.

Please try to make this param blank <Selected_Audio_Device Value="" /> and if Sound Module starts select a proper device in the settings.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Additionally the log in C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\SimShaker for Aviators\log.log contains the errors:

|ERROR|SimShaker.UI.ProcessManager|System.InvalidOperationException: No process is associated with this object.
   at System.Diagnostics.Process.EnsureState(State state)

|ERROR|SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.DCSDataProvider|System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at SimShaker.Core.DataProvider.DCSDataProvider.disconnect()

I cleared all settings for both apps and now sound module (latest beta) starts with ssa (latest beta). I only get the error displayed.
I can test with previous version of SSA in case something changed with latest update.

3 minutes ago, Tricky11 said:

Evening all. I seemed to be getting this error when loading into a aircraft in dcs?

simshaker.jpg

Please read here https://forum.dcs.world/topic/147495-official-simshaker-for-aviators/?do=findComment&comment=5375077

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good morning everyone.

I have installed Volanta and SSA. I have found out that SSA won't work without Volanta running.
Anyone knows of a potential conflict?

TIA

My System: Full Scale Huey SimPit

-Pit Computer: i7-12700K | Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Pro | 64GB DDR5 RAM | Nvidia RTX3090FE | Kingston KC3000 NVme

- All day use: i7-4790K | 32GB DDR4 RAM | ASRock Z97 Killer | GeForce RTX 2080 Ti AMP! | Oculus Rift | Pimax8KX | Sensoryx VRFree Gloves | X-TAL VR

Hi,

I'm getting this error when the application attempt to launch:

System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0x80004005): An attempt was made to access a socket in a way forbidden by its access permissions

I've seen it mentioned a few times here, but there seems to be no apparent solution. Which ports does SSA use, that I can try to identify other applications using the same ones? I can see that it manages to open UDP ports 29375 and 56721 before crashing.

@=Andre=  I've built a motion seat which has movable flaps in the seat and seat back to replicate g-forces.  Right now I have my JetPad just resting in the seat, however I would like to create custom padding for the seat.  My question is this....  Would it be pretty straight forward for me to remove the transducers and electronics from the JetPad and install them into the custom padding for the movable seat?  It looks like everything could be removed and re-installed without too much of a bother, however I wanted to see if there were any "special instructions" you might have for doing so.  

2 hours ago, j9murphy said:

@=Andre=  I've built a motion seat which has movable flaps in the seat and seat back to replicate g-forces.  Right now I have my JetPad just resting in the seat, however I would like to create custom padding for the seat.  My question is this....  Would it be pretty straight forward for me to remove the transducers and electronics from the JetPad and install them into the custom padding for the movable seat?  It looks like everything could be removed and re-installed without too much of a bother, however I wanted to see if there were any "special instructions" you might have for doing so.  

Well, I think it's straight forward in case of SimShaker JetPad. If you'd like to carefully unglue the motors plastic shells from the foam layer, you can try to use some white-spirit based dissolvent to soften the glue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On 3/18/2024 at 5:36 AM, f4l0 said:

Yeah, the touchdown effect is a bit "tricky" for the Gazelle since she has no compressing struts... Can you provide me a single short trackfile that I can use to test on my side? I've currently no flight gear on my side and flying the Gazelle with keyboard is really tricky 😄

Which seat do you use?

Please see attached file with the Gaz bouncing on the skids.gaz skid test.trk

So I’ve been playing around with the hf8 and simshaker, and besides not understanding how the turbulence options work, I noticed that there is a permanent rumble present. Possibly because the software is glitching, because any rumble present when I end a flight, doesn’t stop until I start the next flight or shut down and restart simshaker.

so far the experience left me desillusioned about it. I definitely won’t miss it when it’s gone. Thumping and knocking would be fun, but everything just a rumble of some sort, just doesn’t feel interesting to me.

it might be how I set it up, so if others could share their settings, then I can evaluate if I’m doing something wrong.

9 hours ago, Keith Briscoe said:

Hello @=Andre= and other SimShaker lovers!

I have a new PC arriving tomorrow.  Anything specific I should do to get back up and running with Simshaker (dcs) on new pc with regard to files, saved files, license, etc.?  Thanks in advance.

Hell Keith,
Yes, I think you will have something to do with this stuff. But it very much depends on your PC and apps configuration.
If your Documents folder is on MS OneDrive, which is Windows default option now,  you will likely get the settings on the new PC automatically. If not, you will want to move them manually. The configs are stored in the Documents/SimShaker for Aviators folder.
In any  case we are here if you need help.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]