M12 completion requirements

Horns

*CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I just ran this mission successfully for the first time, at least I thought I did. I took down the

MiG-31s and returned to Claw to hear the BDA of target destroyed. I was following them as they turned to RTB and broke off when the pop up group of 29s turned up. My wingman got downed a few seconds before Berger. I successfully RTBd.

*Spoiler below*

I looked ahead to the briefing for mission 13 and saw Berger's death mentioned, so I guess that's a scripted event. Is losing my wingman a fail condition?

I've struggled with this mission, largely because I don't know how to prevent the MiG-31s firing the R-33s at Claw. They are way beyond my range when they fire and although I'm close behind Claw (as urged) it's tough to get between them and I can't do it at all before the MiGs fire the

R-33s.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hope everyone is enjoying the day.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Hey - IIRC when Claw withdraws you just need to RTB although getting those Su-27s (which show as 29s on RWR) gets you extra points. When Berger is shot down you just need to land, that is all. Did you get 50 points in the end?

Ah fair enough. I don’t remember how many points I got, I thought it was more than 50, but it didn’t progress me to mission 13 so I guess I failed.

Thanks for taking the time to reply today, I really do appreciate it.

Edit: Do you have any advice about chances or methods of intercepting the MiG-31s before they launch the R-33s?

Edited by Horns
Added -31 question

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

Just boost towards them and tell your wingman to engage, they should be focused on the Tornadoes. It is doable if you act swiftly and are not afraid to burn some fuel.

Got it done, thanks for the help :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

SPOILER:

So how do you defeat the 2 Su-27s at the end?

Do you just turn and run? Because I tried to engage them 5 times now and get always shot down. Which is kind of a bummer because it takes around 1 hour to get to that point.

I also watched SignorMaginficos walkthrough https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=261960, he just seems to casually engage them and shoot them down. I guess I just suck

Edited by schaefsky

BUG:

In the current open beta on steam some radion messages at the end did not play (I was on channel 1 on both radios):

SPOILER:

the ones where you get informed about the pop-up group of 2 Su-27s (that worked before for me), and then the whole Berger story (don't know, never made it that far before).

Ok so I just finished the mission after failing over 10 times, this time it was rather easy, they did not even get to launch, usually they just missile spammed me... in my first few tries I actually had not activated my jammer via HOTAS, that made it easier but I still got shot down a lot.

So IMO this mission is good, but quite a steep step-up in difficulty comprared to the other missions (which for comparison I completed all on first try, with nearly 100 completion score, apart from not taxiing to my parking spot in the first 2 missions and I believe a around 90 score in one the AG missions, the first one I think).

Edited by schaefsky