VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Hi Hollywood and fellow simmers,

Firstly thank you so much for your wonderful software, it is absolutely awesome and for the price you charge so cheap. I bought it only yesterday. Now to be an idiot, I had it working yesterday and had issues with it not recognising the words ATC or JTAC. I tried to manually train it but stupid MS Speech Recognition was being a dick. Anyway after that everything went wrong.

So I was able to do the training and could see VoiceAttack responding with the correct word. After doing all of that the first time now it looks like the MS Speech Recognizer is not loading the keyword list, it says Offline keyword training initialized and when I say a word from the list it either pops up with a select word dialog or is typing the word I say.

Please help, I've lost all my hair from trying to work this out. I've been looking and searching for hours and have finally conceded I need assistance.

I've looked at settings for the Speech Recognition, tried uninstalling Viacom and VA multiple times. Nothing I try works.

Many thanks in advance to anyone who can assist.

Hmmm... I hope I understand you correctly, and I'll try to answer. Please bear with me!

But first to ALL users. NEVER EVER uninstall VAICOM neither Voice Attack.

It'll get you nowhere!!! Seriously!!!!

Second I totally love both VAICOM and Voice Attack. I will never ever go back. I'm addicted. It gives so much more to the DCS experience!

@tromac2010 To your "training" problem.

If you go into the VAICOM control panel and click the "microphone", you DISABLE VAICOM hence Voice Attack. And you "train" nothing but your own pronunciation.

MS Speech will never load the "keywords list". It doesn't know about it at all. To be honest @Hollywood_315 this is a somewhat misconception in one of the videos on the website. I, like @tromac2010 thought it worked like you "trained" MS Speech. But one doesn't. The only way you can train MS Speech is by doing it through the Windows Control panel, and voice recognition, and reading the 2 different speech training it gives you. One should though. Several times! Especially for "non English" speakers like me.

The other way is to add words and phrases to the MS Speech dictionary, and you're voice, to the words and phrases you add. I have 900+ keywords and aliases in the VAICOM keywords base. I've added them all, both single words and phrases to the MS Dictionary. That means I have probably 2000 to 3000 words and phrases in the dictionary, and it still isn't perfect. Took me more than a week to do it. Now I try to train MS Speech for 10 minutes a day. One cannot train through VAICOM neither Voice Attack. It doesn't work that way.

To get a better understanding how all this fits together and actually works.

Voice Attack neither VAICOM does speech recognition.

Voice Attack uses an API to Microsoft Speech Recognition to get your speech to text.

VAICOM is not affiliated with Voice Attack. I don't even know if @Hollywood_315, creator of VAICOM knows Gary, creator of Voice Attack.

VAICOM uses Voice Attacks API to get speech to text, and somewhat more.

VAICOM is a plugin/addon to Voice Attack like HSI Voice Packs for ED. (Elite Dangerous )

I don't believe there is another alternative to Voice Attack. If you bother to look into it, it's more like a visual programming language/framework for speech commands. I control Windows, Spotify, MusicBee, etc. still loaded with the VAICOM profile. The Walkman/audio player in the Tomcat and the Jeff, might be nice, but seriously... I have the ARIO extension for the Tomcat just to support VAICOM, even though I ain't got the module. Too much fun with my current modules. Might get it just to support Heatblur.

MSSR = Microsoft Speech Recognition

VA = Voice Attack

VCP = VAICOM

StT = Speech to Text

The flow goes (sort of I believe) like this :

You press your radio/TX button defined in the VCP VA profile, it invokes the VCP plugin. VA records your audio, and passes it to MSSR, which translates StT. And passes the text back to VA. VA then checks if it knows any words or phrases defined in the VCP keywords list (that's why the song and dance is important). If YES, passes it to the VCP plugin, which then passes it to DCS through network/Lua, thus you get extra commands not possible through the Fmenu, and it means NO key presses. (Eagerly waiting what the SC module will bring, though I read through the manual, and it still won't be like BMS. Hope I'm wrong).

So, what this means is that neither VA or VCP can be blamed for StT not working.

One might ask why VA doesn't use another StT translator, like Cortana. But like your Siri or Hey Google on your phone Cortana needs to be online. And an offline one will come at a cost. And even though I've had a crush on Cortana since 2001, she's slow. Test and you can watch her Binging away (Bing Is Not Google, just kidding Google is sloooooow to).

To summarize. This comes down to: Train MSSR through Windows Control Panel!!! And add to the dictionary if there is special words that are stubborn.

Else? Ask questions. We are all here to help each other. No questions are to simple. Non are stupid, only potential answers.

We'll learn from each other!

If you've followed the thread for the past few days you'll see that there have been asked questions that've made me think outside the box, or on this case, inside it, finding solutions.

At last, most important. Hope all you and all of your loved ones are safe and getting by these perilous times!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

OK. Perhaps this is a "stumper." When I flew BMS, I had a mod that made a beeping sound as long as you had the speed brakes extended. I have tried to figure out how to do that in voice attack with Viacom pro, but can only get one beep. I need many beeps until the speed brakes are retracted. Is there any way to do that? BTW, I imported the beeping sound from BMS, an ogg file, and changed it to an MP3 file.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hey Max,

Thank you so much for your response and for taking the time to write such a detailed reply. I eventually found someone in this thread with a similar issue and Hollywood suggested making sure both VA and MSSR were set to the same language. They were both set to English UK (closest to AUS) but I thought okay I'll set them both to US. Lo and behold it works again, though it doesn't recognise a lot more phrases. I'll either work through what it has trouble picking up and add them all manually or I'll try to switch back to UK which better picks up my speech.

Cheers,

Troy

Hmmm... I hope I understand you correctly, and I'll try to answer. Please bear with me!

But first to ALL users. NEVER EVER uninstall VAICOM neither Voice Attack.

It'll get you nowhere!!! Seriously!!!!

Second I totally love both VAICOM and Voice Attack. I will never ever go back. I'm addicted. It gives so much more to the DCS experience!

@tromac2010 To your "training" problem.

If you go into the VAICOM control panel and click the "microphone", you DISABLE VAICOM hence Voice Attack. And you "train" nothing but your own pronunciation.

MS Speech will never load the "keywords list". It doesn't know about it at all. To be honest @Hollywood_315 this is a somewhat misconception in one of the videos on the website. I, like @tromac2010 thought it worked like you "trained" MS Speech. But one doesn't. The only way you can train MS Speech is by doing it through the Windows Control panel, and voice recognition, and reading the 2 different speech training it gives you. One should though. Several times! Especially for "non English" speakers like me.

The other way is to add words and phrases to the MS Speech dictionary, and you're voice, to the words and phrases you add. I have 900+ keywords and aliases in the VAICOM keywords base. I've added them all, both single words and phrases to the MS Dictionary. That means I have probably 2000 to 3000 words and phrases in the dictionary, and it still isn't perfect. Took me more than a week to do it. Now I try to train MS Speech for 10 minutes a day. One cannot train through VAICOM neither Voice Attack. It doesn't work that way.

To get a better understanding how all this fits together and actually works.

Voice Attack neither VAICOM does speech recognition.

Voice Attack uses an API to Microsoft Speech Recognition to get your speech to text.

VAICOM is not affiliated with Voice Attack. I don't even know if @Hollywood_315, creator of VAICOM knows Gary, creator of Voice Attack.

VAICOM uses Voice Attacks API to get speech to text, and somewhat more.

VAICOM is a plugin/addon to Voice Attack like HSI Voice Packs for ED. (Elite Dangerous )

I don't believe there is another alternative to Voice Attack. If you bother to look into it, it's more like a visual programming language/framework for speech commands. I control Windows, Spotify, MusicBee, etc. still loaded with the VAICOM profile. The Walkman/audio player in the Tomcat and the Jeff, might be nice, but seriously... I have the ARIO extension for the Tomcat just to support VAICOM, even though I ain't got the module. Too much fun with my current modules. Might get it just to support Heatblur.

MSSR = Microsoft Speech Recognition

VA = Voice Attack

VCP = VAICOM

StT = Speech to Text

The flow goes (sort of I believe) like this :

You press your radio/TX button defined in the VCP VA profile, it invokes the VCP plugin. VA records your audio, and passes it to MSSR, which translates StT. And passes the text back to VA. VA then checks if it knows any words or phrases defined in the VCP keywords list (that's why the song and dance is important). If YES, passes it to the VCP plugin, which then passes it to DCS through network/Lua, thus you get extra commands not possible through the Fmenu, and it means NO key presses. (Eagerly waiting what the SC module will bring, though I read through the manual, and it still won't be like BMS. Hope I'm wrong).

So, what this means is that neither VA or VCP can be blamed for StT not working.

One might ask why VA doesn't use another StT translator, like Cortana. But like your Siri or Hey Google on your phone Cortana needs to be online. And an offline one will come at a cost. And even though I've had a crush on Cortana since 2001, she's slow. Test and you can watch her Binging away (Bing Is Not Google, just kidding Google is sloooooow to).

To summarize. This comes down to: Train MSSR through Windows Control Panel!!! And add to the dictionary if there is special words that are stubborn.

Else? Ask questions. We are all here to help each other. No questions are to simple. Non are stupid, only potential answers.

We'll learn from each other!

If you've followed the thread for the past few days you'll see that there have been asked questions that've made me think outside the box, or on this case, inside it, finding solutions.

At last, most important. Hope all you and all of your loved ones are safe and getting by these perilous times!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

One quick question, I can't make the radio tune command to work, everything else, except for my terrible English, works. Is this just me or is there a problem?

Gesendet von meinem LYA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Edited by Lt_Jaeger

In the first mission using VAICOM I couldn't assign "Engage with..." command for my #3 (Second Element), because Vaicom always gave the order for the whole flight. I said "Three... Engage Armour with Missiles from the South", and in the VA Listening or command recognition window appeared "Flight" command anyways.

(By the way, is it also enough to just say the keywords? "Three... Engage Armour Missile South"?)

To be honest, looking it up I didn't find any corresponding command in the VAICOM PRO manual for Wingman or Element either, only for "Flight". Does it mean I can not give different tasks to #2 and #3?

One quick question, I can't make the radio tune command to work, everything else, except for my terrible English, works. Is this just me or is there a problem?

Did you enable "Select tune radio" option in the VAICOM Pro control panel "Preferences" tab?

And if you have Easy comms ON, you can also check "Instant select", next option down from previous.

Edited by Razor18

Which module?

OK. Perhaps this is a "stumper." When I flew BMS, I had a mod that made a beeping sound as long as you had the speed brakes extended. I have tried to figure out how to do that in voice attack with Viacom pro, but can only get one beep. I need many beeps until the speed brakes are retracted. Is there any way to do that? BTW, I imported the beeping sound from BMS, an ogg file, and changed it to an MP3 file.

Hmmm... Good question. I guess the BMS mod knew about the state of the breaks. VA can't possible know.

But here's the Voice Attack Discord.

https://discord.gg/zzWgyY

They will be glad to help you, and might b have some ideas.

In the first mission using VAICOM I couldn't assign "Engage with..." command for my #3 (Second Element), because Vaicom always gave the order for the whole flight. I said "Three... Engage Armour with Missiles from the South", and in the VA Listening or command recognition window appeared "Flight" command anyways.

(By the way, is it also enough to just say the keywords? "Three... Engage Armour Missile South"?)

To be honest, looking it up I didn't find any corresponding command in the VAICOM PRO manual for Wingman or Element either, only for "Flight". Does it mean I can not give different tasks to #2 and #3?

I always have an issue with two/gopher/winger as MSSR will just not understand.

Flight always work.

But I'm positive I've made three or four "kick out" for recons in the Ka-50.

When you get the hang of it, and things work. This thing is amazing.

Hey Max,

Thank you so much for your response and for taking the time to write such a detailed reply. I eventually found someone in this thread with a similar issue and Hollywood suggested making sure both VA and MSSR were set to the same language. They were both set to English UK (closest to AUS) but I thought okay I'll set them both to US. Lo and behold it works again, though it doesn't recognise a lot more phrases. I'll either work through what it has trouble picking up and add them all manually or I'll try to switch back to UK which better picks up my speech.

Cheers,

Troy

That's cool! And thanks. It's wonders what a couple of beers and being away, voulenteerily, from your girlfriend for too long.

Guess I'm a fanboy as well. Proud one!

But how, if there is not even a proper "output" command for this function in VAICOM command summary, which says to me, it is not possible with VAICOM at all issuing individual wingmen commands. Wrong?
I'll check with the manual when I get home. But basically you can get whatever's in the F menu to work. And more! That's the really sweet part.

"Three kickout five kilometres". Pretty sure that works. But easy test. "two go trail".

For the "... With mavericks from the north", you have check something in the control panel, but I've got a feeling it's checked by default though.

Not sure. Formation commands can only be given to the whole flight in DCS, and RL too. Except if there is just one wingmen. But also in that case, just no othets around.
Oh, really. LOL that explains a lot, why "two" never pleases me with formations. Hehe Feeling stupid now, as of course the v whole flight must be in the same formation.

"Engage cues" must be checked.

From the top of my head, what other commands. Hmmm try make one of them RTB.

RTB can be given individually in DCS. But VAICOM shows that one too for Flight only. There is NO wingman commands at all in VAICOM aparently, only Flight commands.
Well, you have:

Two, Gopher , Winger

Three, Pyro

Four, Bozo

Being that SuperCarrier is being released on 4/15/20, I’m assuming that VAICOM will be compatible with is new module. Cporrect?

Edited by bradleyjs
Spelling Error. My BT keyboard sometimes hiccups

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

Being hat SuperCarrier is being released on 4/15/20, I’m assuming that VAICOM will be compatible with is new module. Cporrect?
Hopefully! It's already has a greyd out checkbox under "Extensions", and my belief to why we don't receive any info regarding this would be the current situation and agreements with ED, since it not released yet. Both totally understandable IMHO.

Yet I'm as info hungry as any other. And the icing would be to know when it all will trickle down to standard ATC, though I don't expect it to be anything like BMS after reading through the SC manual. Cross my fingers to far out incorrect...

Roger that MAXsenna! Fingers crossed and we’ll just have wait and see.

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64