Hornet or Harrier?

0414 Wee Neal

I have all the aircraft except the Christen Eagle II and i would say go the hornet.Harrier is fun but the hornet is just more capable.On the other hand if you have the cash get both.:thumbup::pilotfly:

MODULES: A10C Warthog,AH-64 D APACHE,AJS Viggen,AV8B Harrier,BF109 K4,C101 Aviojet,F14 Tomcat,F15E Eagle,F16 Viper,F5 Tiger,F86 Sabre,FA18C Hornet,FW190A8,FW190D9,I16 Ishak,JF17 Thunder,KA50 Blackshark,L39Albatros,Mirage2000C,Mirage F-1,MI24P,MI8MVT2,MIG15BIS,MIG19P,MIG21BIS,Mosquito FB VI,P51D Mustang,P47D Thunderbolt,SA342 Gazell,SpitfireIX,TF51D,UH1H Huey,Yak52.

OTHER:Flamming cliffs,Combined Arms,WW2 Assets Pack,SuperCarrier.

TERRAINS: Nevada,Caucasus,Normandy,Persian Gulf,Syria,Channel,Marianas. 

If you don't have a lot of experience with modern jets the Hornet's avionics and systems are probably easier to learn. Aside from Carrier operations it's just less work load at least. The Harrier has a very high pilot work load on many levels. Assuming you have little to no experience, I'd say, Viper, Hornet then Harrier would be easiest to most difficult. Harriers are notoriously difficult to fly in real life.

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog

If you don't have a lot of experience with modern jets the Hornet's avionics and systems are probably easier to learn. Aside from Carrier operations it's just less work load at least. The Harrier has a very high pilot work load on many levels. Assuming you have little to no experience, I'd say, Viper, Hornet then Harrier would be easiest to most difficult. Harriers are notoriously difficult to fly in real life.

I recently tried out the Harrier in the free to fly days and also found it to have too much of a work load to do anything in it. Even though I still think the harrier is a cool aircraft it is simply not for me. The Hornet on the other hand I did not mind at all. It had an acceptable work load level while still renaming enjoyable to operate. But since I already have the Tomcat and I am still learning it I don't really have a need for the Hornet.

The Viggen has become my most favorite aircraft not necessarily because of its sharp looks but mostly because its simplicity to operate. It has been the only aircraft I have flown so far that fits my comfort level of complexity like a glove. It's like I just understand it. Then the F-14B is my second favorite.

I had missed the F-16 tryout, but I still would like to check it out to see how I would like it.

Edited by Evoman

Coming primarily from the Hawg, then spending a little time in the Hornet, I am having the most fun in the Harrier so far. FARP work is a blast, especially with the Marston Mats mod. I know nothing of the Harrier so I am oblivious to any "systematic shortcomings". Some things are easier to use in the Harrier versus the A-10C, some not. I am still struggling with not using A-10 HOTAS switchology from muscle memory. Overall I've been surprised and impressed with the Harriers capabilities as is. The Hornet is a fun all rounder, good at everything-master at none, but I've had more fun with the AV-8 challenge. Even your f*** ups with a friend provide hilarious moments.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ryzen 5 3600 (4.1Ghz), 32 GB DDR4, Sapphire R9 390X Nitro, Fatal1ty B450 K4

TrackIR, Warthog Stick and Throttle, CH Pedals